Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: multiplayer freezing

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    dark side of the moon
    Posts
    22
    Platform
    PS4

    multiplayer freezing

    Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby this needs to be fixed as it makes multiplayer unplayable

  2. #2
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by the-stig View Post
    Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby
    It's a join in progress freeze and it's extremely difficult to code out entirely as we have so much variety in the game. Each user needs to load the car joining.

    That's not to say we aren't working to try to improve it.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fre.Mo, GenBrien, Katilla


  3. #3
    Umer Ahmad
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by the-stig View Post
    Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby this needs to be fixed as it makes multiplayer unplayable
    Bullshit it makes Multiplayer "unplayable". Multiayer is VERY "playable", thousands of people are successfully racing MP now on PC, PS4 and now even XB1 since patch 2.0

    Yes it (the JIP freeze) is an annoyance but i have personally raced many MP sessions since launch and even some league races and it is not a "race-ending" or otherwise "unplayable" problem.

    Some act as if your machines and TVs catch fire when someone joins an MP race.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: chig88, Fre.Mo, Ian Bell, Jan Studenski, Roger Prynne


  4. #4
    Umer Ahmad
    Guest
    I'll go as far to say that there are NO bugs that make the game "unplayable" on the PC version. Both the MP and SP modes have zero "unplayable" bugs now.

    There do exist some annoying/frustrating bugs (my vote is the locked drive and locked bumper cam bugs, which may very well be fixed on the next patch per Mike Laskey). Also i am aware of the Setup and Pit Strategy issues but personally i have nver encountered them as i usually just do a "save-all-tracks" for my setups and i am quite deliberate about what happens during pitting (meaning i dont use strategies much and never use Auto-tyre selection).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Mike Laskey, Roger Prynne


  5. #5
    GT5 Pilot chig88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,473
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by the-stig View Post
    Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby this needs to be fixed as it makes multiplayer unplayable
    Total nonsense.

    It freezes for a fraction of a second - hardly a game braking bug. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't even be bothered if this was fixed or not if time can be spent making small improvments in other areas.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell


  6. #6
    WMD Member GenBrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Posts
    586
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    and it's only freezing in practice/qualification as people cant join while the main race is going....
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Roger Prynne, SRS STIG


  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post
    and it's only freezing in practice/qualification as people cant join while the main race is going....
    Not for me, I still get the screen freeze up during races, it's only for a fraction of a second, it's a bit frustrating, especially if you're in a pack of 3 or 4 cars, that freezing can easily ruin a good battle.
    PSN ID: Krazy_Kripples
    DS4
    The following user likes this Post: Katilla


  8. #8
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Not for me, I still get the screen freeze up during races, it's only for a fraction of a second, it's a bit frustrating, especially if you're in a pack of 3 or 4 cars, that freezing can easily ruin a good battle.
    I suspect that's more of a 'new core being used' issue than MP. There are ways to mitigate this posted in the forum.
    The following user likes this Post: Jakob


  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    893
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I suspect that's more of a 'new core being used' issue than MP. There are ways to mitigate this posted in the forum.
    I thought the new core was for the XBOX not PS4 ?
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

    EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    dark side of the moon
    Posts
    22
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Bullshit it makes Multiplayer "unplayable". Multiayer is VERY "playable", thousands of people are successfully racing MP now on PC, PS4 and now even XB1 since patch 2.0

    Yes it (the JIP freeze) is an annoyance but i have personally raced many MP sessions since launch and even some league races and it is not a "race-ending" or otherwise "unplayable" problem.

    Some act as if your machines and TVs catch fire when someone joins an MP race.
    So when you go round a corner and it freezers and then your off track I don't call playerable

Similar Threads

  1. Freezing Up
    By Argent6978 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-08-2015, 14:11
  2. Freezing/Crashing
    By jezRS in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2015, 10:36
  3. dlc is great! freezing is not!
    By roadend1981 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 20:26
  4. GUI, FFB, Freezing problems
    By nomen nescio in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 11:16
  5. Game keeps freezing
    By Mittsy555 in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2015, 15:54

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •