Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi Ruapuna Park Track Expansion now available!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperySinger5 View Post
    Im pretty sure this dlc was constructed with the game. Just put out ahead of bug fixes. Actually, I never seen a game put out dlc before fixing major bugs and glitches (ps4). It would be sad if they invested in devs to build DLC content while major game bugs still exist. I decline on this content until update 3.0 comes out to fix the FA inconsistent AI, game crashes,tire heating, controller problems, locked lobby races (Drive button), unsaved tuning, Pit strategy glitches, car improvements to match simulator quality, and many more fixes. I also think It should be free for people who are still suffering from all these game bugs since launch.
    The devs that fix bugs are not the same devs that make new content. Having devs sitting around doing nothing until all bugs have been fixed and only then start making things so the new content will be available much later would be rather silly, especially since the majority of the players are enjoying the game very much right now so new content is welcomed already. Like not putting plants and flowers in your garden until the plumber fixed your drain.

I'm wondering how many more times this needs to be repeated before everyone gets it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 8 users likes this Post: amazed, Gordon, KkDrummer, miagi, Pink_650S, resmania, Wizards ZA, x ImJakeyy

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1984 View Post
    I enjoy the GP and Club layouts, but the short layouts like A and B Circuit add little to no value in my opinion. Anyone here that is really enjoying these layouts? Maybe primarily suitable for karts?
    Had a race on the i think it was the B circuit(one with hairpin & esses section) last in in RUF GT car.

Track was an absolute blast, apart from the short run to hairpin there doesnt seem to be any straight, great fun- give it a go

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Truth hurts bud , sorry.

What points did you prove ? Absolutely nothing .

Anyway I will leave this here bud as I'm sure we will but heads again . Looking forward to it .
    Final warning. Your argumentative and insulting tone is not what this forum needs.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, chig88, cmch15, Ischemica, KkDrummer, Morgan Henstridge, Pink_650S, resmania, Sankyo

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by SOi TheReaper View Post
    I've never had so much for so little money. Three cars seems nothing, but they are three AWESOME cars, not that crap they pull in other games dlcs. And I'm not talking about the racing genre, I'm talking about the whole industry... The Racing Icons is another example, five amazing crafted cars for a good price.
    Exactly, thats one of the (many) things i love about this game.

Remember reading a quote from Ian Bell, something along the lines of lots of tracks & some well selected cars, I was never a fan of forza's "1000 cars & only 2 tracks" philosophy
    Who needs 27 different types of Skyline anyway?? A small DLC of excellent cars with no fillers is the way to go.

I think the track selection throughout the whole game is also spot on, I was slightly disappointed when I watched a youtube video of Ruapuna whilst at work the night it appeared on time trial, it just looked flat & boring, BUT after just a few laps the wisdom of the developers became apparent, its an absolute peach of a track.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, Marrrfooo

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by weerufus View Post
    Exactly, thats one of the (many) things i love about this game.

Remember reading a quote from Ian Bell, something along the lines of lots of tracks & some well selected cars, I was never a fan of forza's "1000 cars & only 2 tracks" philosophy
    Who needs 27 different types of Skyline anyway?? A small DLC of excellent cars with no fillers is the way to go.

I think the track selection throughout the whole game is also spot on, I was slightly disappointed when I watched a youtube video of Ruapuna whilst at work the night it appeared on time trial, it just looked flat & boring, BUT after just a few laps the wisdom of the developers became apparent, its an absolute peach of a track.
    I actually think one of the largest 'wins' is the move away from a Season Pass. At first that's weird, because in a game like this, and on the basis of the DLC that's come so far, I'd quite happily pick up a Pass.

However, because you (as a developer/SMS) rely on putting out DLC that can only be bought individually, it means that the lesser quality the DLC the less uptake there is (and the less commercial value it makes).

With a Season Pass you can essentially feed 1-2 juicy packs of DLC and then let the (drive for) quality drop off and churn out mixed quality. Those that bought Season Passes have already handed over their money and those that haven't might still pick it up or leave it - but you've made overall more money because a Season Pass plays into the completionist psyche a lot of gamers (and anyone who enjoys a hobbie!) have. A lot of people struggle at the thought of not having everything for a game they love...

Additionally, as Ian and the team mentioned post-launch, a Season Pass normally requires a fair level of identification of what's coming for your Pass (unless you're an IP with a near-cult level of dedicated followers (see: CoD/BF) who will buy Passes almost irrespective of what they're promised). By moving away from the that, the cuffs come off.

And lastly, because the community is actually still so strong for PCARS - despite the mentalist fringe that turn up in almost every thread at least once (they help the rest of us stay grounded/rational) - there's open debate and potential guidance for what gets put into the latter DLC sets.

How is that not a win? Sure, we'd all love it for free, but then the game wouldn't exist if there was no money spent by players.
    PlayStation 4 | Thrustmaster T300RS (599xx), T3PA-Pro, TH8A | WheelStandPro Deluxe V2 | Astro A50's
    - All mistakes made under race conditions are my own and do not ever represent the mistakes of professional racing drivers!
    - All rubbish forums posts (and opinions contained therein) are my own.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by weerufus View Post
    Had a race on the i think it was the B circuit(one with hairpin & esses section) last in in RUF GT car.

Track was an absolute blast, apart from the short run to hairpin there doesnt seem to be any straight, great fun- give it a go
    I love how these layouts have that "short track" feel to them. Definitely NOT for the fragile race cars.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrrfooo View Post
    And lastly, because the community is actually still so strong for PCARS - despite the mentalist fringe that turn up in almost every thread at least once (they help the rest of us stay grounded/rational) - there's open debate and potential guidance for what gets put into the latter DLC sets.
    I especially hope that this part comes alive, because it was the main reason that a season pack was dropped and the extra content was called 'On Demand'. So I don't hope that most of the content is already decided and partly developed by SMS. People post here great suggestions for new cars and vote for new tracks (Zandvoort and Interlagos seem popular. Yeah!). Does someone know if there is some sort of procedure by which new content will be incorporated in the game? Do the devs look at requests on this forum? Or are our posts mainly wishful thinking?
    Last edited by jack1984; 22-07-2015 at 09:34.

Platform
    PC
    I just want to say, that this DLC, and the 1st one also are the way to go.

They are cheap, and will give us lots of fun for our money.

The cars are superb, the sounds are awesome, and Ruapuna...
    Ohh, how I love that. It will not be my favorite track (that is Zolder) but definately one of those I will race a lot on.
    Its beautiful, fun to drive, and challenging.
    Did not think, that it will make it into Project Cars.

On the same note, I know you are working on tracks like Indianapolis, and Daytona, that would be very welcome additions to the game,
    but I think these not-so-well known racetracks might be the way to go.
    The licences should be cheap, and they are great racetracks.

So thank you again guys for a nice DLC, can't wait for the next one.
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Wizards ZA, x ImJakeyy

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The Ruapuna track is good and fun to drive, but the cars are nothing that make me excited to drive personally.
    Last edited by Ixoye56; 22-07-2015 at 08:44.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    The Ruapuna track is good and fun to drive, but the cars are nothing that make me excited.
    The more current Audis don't really do much for me, but that IMSA GTO is a MONSTER and an absolute blast to drive. Plus, that chirping during gear changes is lovely. haha
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne