Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy Calculator/Planner [DOWNLOAD] Version 2 Open Office/Google sheets

Platform
    PS4

Strategy Calculator/Planner [DOWNLOAD] Version 2 Open Office/Google sheets

Version 2 is now here! finally.

Updates include a central data storage for car/track combos enter

• Fuel Rate
    • Fuel Tank Size
    • Lap Times (just to record fastest for now)
    • How long each compound of tyre lasts
    • Added easier navigation for data entry

Once the above are entered all you need to do is select the car/track via the drop down list and the fuel stops are worked out for you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 20.40.09.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	221948

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 20.51.41.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	221949

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 20.51.28.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	221950

I have also created the previously seen tyre wear calculator for running shorter races with multiple tyre wear selected, this is now linked into the data collection, so again you only need to add the data once.

All the above are demonstrated in the "how to" video I created, you'll also note it went really well

How to video

Download
    Open Office/Libre Office Version 2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq4h4lkzhb...%20v2.ods?dl=0
    *Update, now features error message when entering lap times incorrectly e.g 1;25.123 instead of 1:25.123
    Now updated the data input page (sort function) vlookup function now works fully! Re-download. Fully tested and working in Libre Office.

Excel Version 2
    http://1drv.ms/1HLOX6p

Google Sheets Version 2
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Now updated with lap time data format help.

This current version is for Open Office however I will be testing a Excel version and If i can get the google sheets version to work too, i'll also add that. May take me a few weeks.

As always if you find any errors please let me know, I tested it as much as possible.

Cars Available (can be changed, quick guide within how to video)

Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
    Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage GTE
    Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    Bentley Continental GT3
    BMW M3 GT
    BMW Z4 GT3
    Ginetta G55 GT3
    McLaren 12C GT3
    Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
    PORSCHE GT3
    Rapide S Hydrogen Hybrid
    Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage GT4
    BMW M3 GT4
    Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
    Ginetta G55 GT4
    Ginetta G40 Junior
    DBR1 2
    Audi R18 e-tron quattro
    Audi R18 TDI
    Marek RP 339H LMP1
    RWD P30 LMP1
    Marek RP 219D LMP2
    Oreca 03 Nissan
    RWD P20 LMP2
    Signatech Alpine A450

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Ok I've been a little busy and have created this spreadsheet available for you all for FREE. You will need Open Office to use it. See Screen shots..

Open Office Download Version1
    Download from Dropbox

Excel Download (.xls) Version1
    Download from Dropbox

Some formatting might not work, please let me know. I don't have excel so cannot test it.

How to Video

UPDATE:

I have now updated the download file to include a tyre compound strategy calculator, I have left a few instructions within the file to try and explain how it works. I only really tested in for a GT3 strategy but if you update pit stop times for FA ones it could calculate that for you too.

I've also added a small amount of formatting to show when use have selected all fuel in your pit stops too.

See screenshots below, I'm always here to help if you need it...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 14.43.05.png 
Views:	1655 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	213478

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 14.42.46.png 
Views:	1659 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	213479

**************************************UPDATE*********************************************
    26/08/2015

I've just sent some calculations to an app/software developer with an eye on getting the strategy calculator running on PC version for now and hopefully once we know more maybe a PS4 version too. The developer already runs a telemetry app and this would be an add on.

**************************************UPDATE*********************************************

I've finally managed to get everything in one place that I have created for you all to look at, it includes the following

Lap Time Tracker

In this selection of sheets you can track all your bests times for all car/track combinations. I've broke it down into a few different sheets Results, GT3, GT4, GT5 (+ clio) LMP2, LMP1, Open Wheel and Other. Most cars are added but I haven't added all the DLC cars and tracks. I also enter a hyperlink to my evernote account where i notes tuning changes and lap times along with tyre wear rates and fuel rate.

Pit Stop Calculator

This will calculate the best tyre compound for a race based on 10 lap times added in the "Strategy INPUTS" page. It also allows you to pre-plan how many tyre/fuel stops you will need and also calculates the time that will take (currently only calculates GT stops, as I believe the stop rules are different). You will also see visual cues when the correct amount of fuel has been entered for the race.

All times and figures are made up by me so you have an idea, how it works and what outputs you will see. I recommend you have a play and try it out.

Tyre Wear Calculator

This is basically for races where fuel isn't really a problem, i.e a 20 lap race but with x4 tyre wear. Providing you have the info on how many laps your selected compound will last the calculator will do the rest. Where it says "select tyre wear" this is a drop down menu where you can select the tyre wear for the race. If you enter tyre laps from x4 testing into the calculator (in the "tyres" section) select x1 tyre wear, you'll know why if you don't but it would probably be easier to just times the laps by 4 and add that instead. I.E on x4 you get 10 laps so I'd input 40 laps.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyway take a look it's not perfect but It'll give you a good start. Both Open Office and Excel versions are downloadable from my dropbox.

Open Office
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/msao11tcr0...%20v1.ods?dl=0

Excel
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlyxl17vmu...%20v1.xls?dl=0
    (aslo works on excel mobile if you have that on your phone/device)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by jimmyb_84; 19-11-2015 at 12:13.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    Very interesting indeed, because l like to play around with different strategies too in longer races.
    Unfortunately l wont be starting any endurance races until l know that pitstops are fixed to 100%.
    Otherwise the frustration would be unbearable if you lose races due to a pitstop bug, especially in events that take this long.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    PS4
    g
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    Very interesting indeed, because l like to play around with different strategies too in longer races.
    Unfortunately l wont be starting any endurance races until l know that pitstops are fixed to 100%.
    Otherwise the frustration would be unbearable if you lose races due to a pitstop bug, especially in events that take this long.
    Once the SMS team sort the bugs and they will it will add further spice. There are many variables too for example if your race runs x2 tyre wear a 130ltr should be a double stint on tyres but if you wanted to run softs With x2 tyre wear it might be worth running half tank of fuel if changing tyres every stop. I could go on....
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    I've been busy again and created a pit stop/fuel/laps calculator

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 09.48.48.png 
Views:	1967 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	212858

Input the info into the "input fields" fuel rate laps and it calculates my pitstops, I also managed to calculate a timed race based on your average lap time. In the example i'm doing a 12hr race with an average lap of 2min 51sec, it calculates I'll cover 253 laps during the race and I'll need 1136ltrs of fuel should equate to 8.7 pit stops (actually 9 as you cannot make 0.7 of a stop) handy for figuring out tyre strategy.

EDIT* I just added fuel tank size to the calculation, was based on GT3 but it can now be adapted for FA races and so on.

I can also use it mid race too, say I had 3hrs left and my lap time had changed it could recalculate the remaining time and stops.
    If you guys would like it, let me know I'll post it available for download (open Office).
    Last edited by jimmyb_84; 22-07-2015 at 09:15.
    YouTube Channel
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Hammerpgh, Henrique Clausing, Schnizz58, Taxi_slider

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I would love a copy of the spreadsheet. Good stuff!!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    I would love a copy of the spreadsheet. Good stuff!!
    No Problem PM me an email address and I'll send you a copy, it's got a little more complicated since I posted earlier.

If I had any form of talent, I would use API on PC to populate the lap times, fuel consumption for you, would be like having a proper engineer.
    YouTube Channel

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Congratulations for this amazing spreadsheet.

I have a tip for you:

On cell "Total Pits Needed", don't use decimals and round the result to the smallest Integer.

Regards
    | CPU: Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 04 GB | RAM: 08 GB DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz | OS: Windows 10 x64 | Driving With: Logitech G27 Wheel ; X360 Wirelles Controller For Windows |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: jimmyb_84, MABlosfeld

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Clausing View Post
    Congratulations for this amazing spreadsheet.

I have a tip for you:

On cell "Total Pits Needed", don't use decimals and round the result to the smallest Integer.

Regards
    Your right I will probably change that. I've added quite a lot since the post early on (will post a preview shortly) now includes

each stop
    next pit stop lap
    I've added some conditional formatting to show when you can get to the end of the race plus will indicate if a bit of fuel saving will get you an extra lap too if for example it says pit lap 29.9, save a bit of fuel and pit on lap 30

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 15.29.54.png 
Views:	1929 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	212898

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 15.29.00.png 
Views:	1935 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	212899
    Last edited by jimmyb_84; 22-07-2015 at 14:31.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    120ltr Fuel - 46.4sec

120ltr Fuel + Tyres - 1:00.2sec
    Does it seem weird to anyone else that 120l of fuel and tires takes longer than just 120l of fuel? If changing tires only takes 18.3 secs, could they not change the tires and refuel at the same time? Seems like they do one then the other. Even the 20l of fuel vs 20l of fuel & tires shouldn't take longer, since apparently 20l of fuel only takes 11.1 sec, which is less time than it takes to change the 4 tires. Seems like there should also be an option to just put in as much fuel as they can in the amount of time it takes to change tires, like they sometimes do in NASCAR.
    Core i5 4690K with Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition - Asus Z97-A Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 - Corsair AX860i 860W Digital PSU - CoolerMaster HAF 912 Case - Samsung EVO Pro 256GB SSD - Logitech G27 with Nixim Brake Mod & Leo Bodnar Cable - Oculus Rift CV1 - Velocity Racer VR02 Racing Rig - Windows 10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by funknerraw View Post
    Does it seem weird to anyone else that 120l of fuel and tires takes longer than just 120l of fuel? If changing tires only takes 18.3 secs, could they not change the tires and refuel at the same time? Seems like they do one then the other. Even the 20l of fuel vs 20l of fuel & tires shouldn't take longer, since apparently 20l of fuel only takes 11.1 sec, which is less time than it takes to change the 4 tires. Seems like there should also be an option to just put in as much fuel as they can in the amount of time it takes to change tires, like they sometimes do in NASCAR.
    Suppose it like real GT3 racing only aloud to fuel or change tyres not at the same time. I'll need to test FA to see if it's similar or again it follow there rules with doing both at the same time. My guess would be it does so stops should be a lot quicker
    YouTube Channel