Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Strategy Calculator/Planner [DOWNLOAD] Version 2 Open Office/Google sheets

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    Yes sorry it will be iOS only to start with, once I get it fully working and looking better. I may look at porting once complete but I have Apple laptop and devices hence why I'm programming on Apple. However never say never, I've surprised myself with getting this far.

Is there anything you'd like the app to do/show? In terms of strategy

For me personally, tires/tire wear/estimated life left is as important (or perhaps more important) than fuel.

My league runs with tire wear at x3 in order to ensure we have to do a reasonable number of pitstops during a simulated 12 or 24 hour event. We run those races at x5 (12 hour) or x10 (24 hour) time progression so that they become a 2.4 hour event.

Since the fuel consumption can only be set to either off or real, tire wear is the limiting factor that decides how many stops and when. The only strategy around the fuel is how much do you start with and when do you take more, and how much do you add. That part we figure out ahead of time anyways.

IF you are looking for a "wish list", that would be my number 1 request. With that said, I don't know the full details of what the UDP stream offers, so I don't know if it is even possible.

Unfortunately for me, so long as it is an iOS app only I won't be able to make use of it (no iAnything in this house).

I really do applaud your effort though. As a professional technical trainer, I always admire and respect people who are willing to try to learn something new and make use of it.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 12-03-2016 at 21:05.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you for the suggestion, I already have the maths down for exactly your looking for but my problem is how to display it so it's easily picked up with a glance. I'll figure something out I'm sure.

I think the only thing that isn't supplied by the UDP data that would be useful is what tyre compound is being used by the player but I'll double check.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding me learning this, it's turned into an obsession (Mrs not happy lol) although since I've got my basic app working on my phone, I know I can do it so won't give in. If only my iPhone 5c wasn't broke I would of sent you that. I'll look into porting once complete but I'll take me a while.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PS4
    making some real progress now. I've added tyre wear to the app, it now calculates total stops and laps from manual input, tyre wear per lap can be found on most apps. I've even added a tap gesture to hide the keyboard. I have this on my phone and shall test as I race.

Next I'll be figuring out how to hook up the UDP for LIVE updates, I have some ode working for details of every stop so I hall be working that in too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 09.18.03.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	229747
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4
    Top stuff. I like the black interface better, my eyes pick it up faster at a quick glance. but an option to switch black or white would be handy for different people and their lighting conditions.
    UDP streams tyre wear. If you can store the wear amount of the last lap, average it out you can make an estimated tyre life/ box indicator.
    Very much liking your plans and direction for this app. Keep up the good work.
    And don't chew your Mrs ears out too much with coding geekery
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Top stuff. I like the black interface better, my eyes pick it up faster at a quick glance. but an option to switch black or white would be handy for different people and their lighting conditions.
    UDP streams tyre wear. If you can store the wear amount of the last lap, average it out you can make an estimated tyre life/ box indicator.
    Very much liking your plans and direction for this app. Keep up the good work.
    And don't chew your Mrs ears out too much with coding geekery
    The design will probably change anyway all inputs will vanish once I wire in the UDP and I'll add an option to change background once I figure out how to add options

I plan on getting a lot more geeky than this, need to add loads of further info like, stop 1 do this , stop 2 do that ....
    also once I have UDP I plan on giving live strategy updates for example if you start driving faster or slower your strategy suggestion will update that will include tyre wear, fuel rate possibly track temp and with all that being considered it'll also change with weather conditions.

I just need to understand the UDP bit and wire it in.
    YouTube Channel
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Do you plan to bring your masterpiece to Pcars2 somewhen?
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    masterpiece that’s very kind of you, I suppose there is nothing stopping you from using it now. it not the greatest for tracking lap times but i’d advise using vrhive or RS dash for that. the fuel calculator/tyre should still be fine.

if i get a chance i may slightly update it minus the laptime tracker part
    YouTube Channel