Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy Calculator/Planner [DOWNLOAD] Version 2 Open Office/Google sheets

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    Suppose it like real GT3 racing only aloud to fuel or change tyres not at the same time.
    If that's actually a rule in GT3 I did not know that and would explain it perfectly. Time for me to go look up GT3 pit stop rules online lol
    Core i5 4690K with Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition - Asus Z97-A Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 - Corsair AX860i 860W Digital PSU - CoolerMaster HAF 912 Case - Samsung EVO Pro 256GB SSD - Logitech G27 with Nixim Brake Mod & Leo Bodnar Cable - Oculus Rift CV1 - Velocity Racer VR02 Racing Rig - Windows 10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Suppose it like real GT3 racing only aloud to fuel or change tyres not at the same time. I'll need to test FA to see if it's similar or again it follow there rules with doing both at the same time. My guess would be it does so stops should be a lot quicker

So I found a video of a GT3 pit stop and sure enough they changed the tires first, then waited for the driver swap to finish and close the door before they were allowed to start refueling. So ya, this makes total sense now. Thanks for the info, I just assumed most pit stops were like NASCAR or Indy where they changed tires and refuel at the same time.
    Core i5 4690K with Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition - Asus Z97-A Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 - Corsair AX860i 860W Digital PSU - CoolerMaster HAF 912 Case - Samsung EVO Pro 256GB SSD - Logitech G27 with Nixim Brake Mod & Leo Bodnar Cable - Oculus Rift CV1 - Velocity Racer VR02 Racing Rig - Windows 10
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    No problem, I spend half my life watching endurance racing glad I could help.

Depending on the team they normal fuel/driver first then tyres after but it's up to the team to decide the best way as long as they don't do it all at the same time. Although there are a few series that allow both at the same time.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    First Post now has update to include free download of my fuel calculator. You will need open office on your Laptop/device to view/edit.

Enjoy
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    No problem, I spend half my life watching endurance racing glad I could help.

Depending on the team they normal fuel/driver first then tyres after but it's up to the team to decide the best way as long as they don't do it all at the same time. Although there are a few series that allow both at the same time.
    I would say more like 75% of your life

When it comes to stats, there's no one better than Jimmy B.
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    Very interesting indeed, because l like to play around with different strategies too in longer races.
    Unfortunately l wont be starting any endurance races until l know that pitstops are fixed to 100%.
    Otherwise the frustration would be unbearable if you lose races due to a pitstop bug, especially in events that take this long.
    it seems my racing career will stall until thats fixed because i got a 24h of lemans invitational and a 25 hour bathurst invitational to contest as well at the end of season 2. i intend to have them won so i need gaunteed certainty the car can make it through the pit stop phase cleanly.
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Okay, great topic! And since I started endurance racing since today in PCars I got a question on this subject.

Today I started with a McLaren GT3 on Silverstone with an one hour endurance race (to keep things modest in the beginning). So I figured out that the McLaren approx. uses 3,5 liter fuel per lap. Since my race is one hour long, I will run approx. 28/29 laps. Since the fuel tank of McLaren has a capacity of 130 liters, that would be enough for one hour. However, how do I know when my tires start to wear when driving quite clean laps? I know I can't predict that 100% but some lap indication would be handy, for instance between laps 17 and 21. Because in that situation it is not wise to start with an almost full tank, but with maybe 70 liter since you have to stop for new tires by then.

Now it is completely a guessing game for me. The only thing I can think of is to run insane long practice sessions and see how the tires (even different ones like soft, hard etc.) react, but that seems quite tiring data harvesting. :P And then I am not even mentioning the absence of a proper weather forecast in the game, so maybe all of this was for nothing. Anyone any clue on this matter?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1984 View Post
    Okay, great topic! And since I started endurance racing since today in PCars I got a question on this subject.

Today I started with a McLaren GT3 on Silverstone with an one hour endurance race (to keep things modest in the beginning). So I figured out that the McLaren approx. uses 3,5 liter fuel per lap. Since my race is one hour long, I will run approx. 28/29 laps. Since the fuel tank of McLaren has a capacity of 130 liters, that would be enough for one hour. However, how do I know when my tires start to wear when driving quite clean laps? I know I can't predict that 100% but some lap indication would be handy, for instance between laps 17 and 21. Because in that situation it is not wise to start with an almost full tank, but with maybe 70 liter since you have to stop for new tires by then.

Now it is completely a guessing game for me. The only thing I can think of is to run insane long practice sessions and see how the tires (even different ones like soft, hard etc.) react, but that seems quite tiring data harvesting. :P And then I am not even mentioning the absence of a proper weather forecast in the game, so maybe all of this was for nothing. Anyone any clue on this matter?
    The file in post one is available for the below image.

Based on your info (I guessed average lap speed of 2:05s) you will need the following..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 22.28.58.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	212940

This is if the race is dry, if it rains you will need less fuel. I also added 0.5ltrs to make sure you don't run out on slow down lap.

hope that helps
    YouTube Channel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    @jimmyb_84

Thank you for your post, but that is actually not exactly what I am looking for. I have no trouble calculating these numbers. The problem is the unknown variable / lack of data of tyre wear which makes a pit stop strategy a guessing game for me. For instance, according to your sheet I have to start the race with 101 liter fuel, but what if my tires wear after 70 liters? Then I started the race with way too much fuel. Is there a way to get such information in PCars? The only way I can see is running an insane amount of practice laps before each race and observe at which point the tires are starting to wear.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1984 View Post
    @jimmyb_84

Thank you for your post, but that is actually not exactly what I am looking for. I have no trouble calculating these numbers. The problem is the unknown variable / lack of data of tyre wear which makes a pit stop strategy a guessing game for me. For instance, according to your sheet I have to start the race with 101 liter fuel, but what if my tires wear after 70 liters? Then I started the race with way too much fuel. Is there a way to get such information in PCars? The only way I can see is running an insane amount of practice laps before each race and observe at which point the tires are starting to wear.
    You need to remember GT tyres are not F1 tyres they will actually last, according to the SMS physics guy (Doug914) softs o a GT car should last a full tank of fuel no problem, but that is with not over pushing the tyres. You could always run a quick free practice with x4 tyre wear, if you manage 7 laps you'll have simulated 32 laps, do this on a high fuel load too. Should help. Tip remember to change the tyre wear back to "real"

hope that helps.
    YouTube Channel