Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy Calculator/Planner [DOWNLOAD] Version 2 Open Office/Google sheets

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    You need to remember GT tyres are not F1 tyres they will actually last, according to the SMS physics guy (Doug914) softs o a GT car should last a full tank of fuel no problem, but that is with not over pushing the tyres. You could always run a quick free practice with x4 tyre wear, if you manage 7 laps you'll have simulated 32 laps, do this on a high fuel load too. Should help. Tip remember to change the tyre wear back to "real"

hope that helps.
    Ah, I see. Haven't thought about speeding up the tyre wear. Thanks man!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1984 View Post
    Ah, I see. Haven't thought about speeding up the tyre wear. Thanks man!
    No problem glad I could help. Let me know how you get on
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    I have now updated the fuel calculation to add 0.5ltr to fuel needed, this is to make sure you have enough for the slow down lap.

Don't want any DQs on my conscious
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    You need to remember GT tyres are not F1 tyres they will actually last, according to the SMS physics guy (Doug914) softs o a GT car should last a full tank of fuel no problem, but that is with not over pushing the tyres. You could always run a quick free practice with x4 tyre wear, if you manage 7 laps you'll have simulated 32 laps, do this on a high fuel load too. Should help. Tip remember to change the tyre wear back to "real"

hope that helps.
    No problem glad I could help. Let me know how you get on
    Works well. I set tyre wear on 5x and after 8 laps I notice that my cars becomes more slippery and I have to break earlier. So no tyre changes needed in an one hour endurance Silverstone.

Platform
    PS4
    Works well. I set tyre wear on 5x and after 8 laps I notice that my cars becomes more slippery and I have to break earlier. So no tyre changes needed in an one hour endurance Silverstone.
    Excellent pleased it worked remember your fuel load will lighten too, did you test with a full or nearly full tank? What lap times were you managing
    YouTube Channel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Excellent pleased it worked remember your fuel load will lighten too, did you test with a full or nearly full tank? What lap times were you managing
    I started with a full tank and my lap times were actually quite slow, around 2.08 I think. That's because of the full tank I guess and I was driving more slowly to get clean laps in stead of pushing and risking slipping and going off track (normally, bad for tyes so I assume in PCars also.)

Platform
    PS4
    I started with a full tank and my lap times were actually quite slow, around 2.08 I think. That's because of the full tank I guess and I was driving more slowly to get clean laps in stead of pushing and risking slipping and going off track (normally, bad for tyes so I assume in PCars also.)
    Good stuff consistent laps are always better, I'm not sure how PCARS model tyres I know slipping about will wear them quicker but not sure if you can save grip for later in the stint
    YouTube Channel

rocafella1978
    just a quick question, what are the STINTS exactly mean in your sheet? what is your definition of STINTS? laps?
    basically, what I am trying to figure out, is:
    if I have a 50lap race, average fuel consumption of 2.95 and fuel capacity of 120liters, how can I have it calculate it? (i know my softs will example last 16 laps, mediums 23 laps and hards 33 laps...any way to calculate that?) maybe i am just too confused...or too *****. thank you.

Great sheet though! well done!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post
    just a quick question, what are the STINTS exactly mean in your sheet? what is your definition of STINTS? laps?
    basically, what I am trying to figure out, is:
    if I have a 50lap race, average fuel consumption of 2.95 and fuel capacity of 120liters, how can I have it calculate it? (i know my softs will example last 16 laps, mediums 23 laps and hards 33 laps...any way to calculate that?) maybe i am just too confused...or too *****. thank you.

Great sheet though! well done!
    Stints are related to Fuel/laps only at the moment, I have been trying to think of a way to incorporate tyres but haven't quite yet worked it out.

The only real way of knowing how long your tyres will last is testing, make notes and it will save you doing it again. I use EverNote works for me.

Only thing I can suggest is have a engineers meeting before a race and plan out your tyre strategy, if your tyre laps on "softs" don't match your fuel window either run on softs with a lighter fuel load or use hard/medium. In a sprint race I could consider lighter fuel load but if your in an endurance race you should always run fuel tanks,
    YouTube Channel

Platform
    PS4
    Been working on something just now, I have managed to calculate which tyre compound (GT3 only) would be better for a raced based on total laps race, it takes into account pit stop times for example if you use hard tyres you will need less tyre changes than soft tyres, so my spreadsheet calculates the difference based on average lap times one on each compound.

The only issue is that with no live data you would need to test on each compound and enter completed lap times, once that is entered it then calculates the average and so on.. only other thing to do is enter how many of each stop needed. See images below, it's properly easier to understand. The below is based on a 60 lap GT3 race at Silverstone. I have kind of guessed the lap times but you get the idea...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 15.00.40.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	213470

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 14.42.46.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	213472

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 14.43.05.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	213471

It doesn't look pretty, it's really not my thing. Also need to find a way of the sheet calculating length of stops automatically.... that's a work in progress.

Hope that makes sense... I need to lie down.. head hurts...
    Last edited by jimmyb_84; 27-07-2015 at 14:13.
    YouTube Channel
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Sunday Racers, TECH_SMITH