Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DLC #2 and still no Nissan, Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Lexus .... why/when/where??

Platform
    PS4

DLC #2 and still no Nissan, Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Lexus .... why/when/where??

Okay, awesome - we got another DLC release this week and SMS have done an awesome job with the game so far, don't get me wrong I love it and I love the cars we have in it!

But what I really want to know are we ever going to get any Japanese Manufacturers into this game. Where's the Nissan GTR, Honda NSX & Civic Type R, Subaru STi WRX, Toyota FT86 & Supra. Lexus LFA & ISF etc etc etc

Those are epic cars, some amazing Race Cars made by those car makers! But we still don't see any of them in the game. Is there a licencing issue?? that is my question, anybody have a clue about this?

I know for the PS3 EA/Slightly Mad Studios NFS Shift 2 game we had the Nissan GTR as the main machine, even on the menu screens. So SMS definitely have some hands on with the GTR.

For me the game just seems incomplete without at least some of the cars i mentioned.

I am just hoping that for DLC #3 we can at least get one or two of them into the game. Anyone else feeling the same way, or know if there are actual reasons we won't be seeing them anytime soon.

As much as the Gran Turismo has always been criticized for having too many Nissans and Japanese cars, Project Cars is heading the other direction with just too many Euro's .....
    | Sony PS4 Pro | Sony 60" Bravia | Thrustmaster T500RS + Leather 28 GT Rim / Ferrari F1 rim + TH8A Shifter | Playseat Evolution | Dual Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Astro A40 Gen 2 Headset | Ignition Controls Button Box | PCars Dash, SimDash & Crew Chief | Hahn Super Dry 3.5 |

Cockpit View with no HUD is how I roll | Clean Racing Only |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Copy that

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Well the fact of the matter is that AssettoCorsa and Drive Club all have the Nismo GTR or GT3.. Tends to make you wanna go WTF? Pick up your game SMS.. Getting lazy already now that the Pcars2 crowd funding has begun?

Platform
    PS4
    Tough crowd.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: amazed, cheetah2k, ElectricBlues85

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2k View Post
    Well the fact of the matter is that AssettoCorsa and Drive Club all have the Nismo GTR or GT3.. Tends to make you wanna go WTF? Pick up your game SMS.. Getting lazy already now that the Pcars2 crowd funding has begun?
    Really dude, calling the devs lazy on your first post...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chig88, doyley101, HF_lar-e, Pyromaniak666

Platform
    PC
    Why: Because they had to pick and choose carefully. Budget restrictions. You cant just put whatever you want in game.

When: Maybe never, who knows. Licensing is pretty much always done under NDA so you won't hear about anything until something gets finalized.
    Neil

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series x 2 - Crossfired
    Display Memory: 2806 MB

Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB

“Houston, be advised: Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man.”
    ― Andy Weir, The Martian
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SOi TheReaper View Post
    Really dude, calling the devs lazy on your first post...
    Gotta give it a try

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Plzzzzz...

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hopwood View Post
    Why: Because they had to pick and choose carefully. Budget restrictions. You cant just put whatever you want in game.

When: Maybe never, who knows. Licensing is pretty much always done under NDA so you won't hear about anything until something gets finalized.
    Thanks mate, understood they just can't throw anything in there. On a positive note, the game has gone from strength to strength and sales have been excellent. I would hope that somehow with this success behind them that the developers can acquire at least one or two of these licences. It will make the game feel so much more complete
    | Sony PS4 Pro | Sony 60" Bravia | Thrustmaster T500RS + Leather 28 GT Rim / Ferrari F1 rim + TH8A Shifter | Playseat Evolution | Dual Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Astro A40 Gen 2 Headset | Ignition Controls Button Box | PCars Dash, SimDash & Crew Chief | Hahn Super Dry 3.5 |

Cockpit View with no HUD is how I roll | Clean Racing Only |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: TheReaper GT, Tomcul

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren1571 View Post
    Thanks mate, understood they just can't throw anything in there. On a positive note, the game has gone from strength to strength and sales have been excellent. I would hope that somehow with this success behind them that the developers can acquire at least one or two of these licences. It will make the game feel so much more complete
    There was some leaked info on a proposed Season Pass that imply that Toyota was coming.

Ian has since stated that the reason the season pass idea didn't come to fruition was to allow more flexibility. He has also stated that they have had some productive licensing contacts. So I have a feeling were gonna see some interesting additions, but who know what and when.
    Neil

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series x 2 - Crossfired
    Display Memory: 2806 MB

Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB

“Houston, be advised: Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man.”
    ― Andy Weir, The Martian
    The following 5 users likes this Post: jason, mister dog, Pyromaniak666, TheReaper GT, yusupov