Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: G29 Discussions, Plus Support and Settings

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by skoader View Post
    That's quite different to how I've been doing it. If I'm understanding correctly you seem to be using the reduction value as a percentage by which to reduce rotation delta. 26% - 49% to bring it down between your linear lines.

A couple of problems I see with that -
    The scoop function in game has no concept of wheel deltas and is working purely with forces. There isn't a linear 1:1 relationship between the two. ie. Reducing forces by 50% won't reduce the wheel delta by the same 50%. As your graph shows, The force required to hit 80 is 0.38. To hit 40 requires a force of 0.28.

I think that's the main difference to our approach. I'm using reduction as the literal amount that forces are reduced by directly below the knee. Another thing - I don't think forces are 1:1 past the knee. They do however scale up so that an input force of 1 will output as 1.
    Attachment 213095
    I'm not sure that forces are simply lerped from the knee out to the extents (0-1) as this graph implies though.

Will do some more testing today.
    I'll try to segment things here, sorry if this is mixed up.

You made me realise that the graph y-axis name is missleading. It's actually the output force. I ran the linear force test while holding the wheel tight. Even if the wheel didn't move at all, i could feel that the applied lateral torque was going stronger and stronger.

So even if the data is reported as a rotation, it's actually a lateral torque ramp up.

I did a small graph that would matche yours.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inoutlineal.png 
Views:	484 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	213168

In that graph, i recalculated the output forces as percentage instead of raw values. It give a slope that is fairly similar to the first one i posted. With that said, the Knee is still at 0.38. That's a given. Now, for the Reduction calculation. Before the math, with your example, we can see applying some scoop will bend a linear response downward. If we apply some reduction on a upward bend, it should straighten that line.

Now, for the maths, since i converted the data, here it goes.

With Deadzone removal taken into account. I get a Scoop Reduction of 0,25

Without Deadzone removal, i get a Scoop Reduction of 0,13

I'll try to post an updated sheet later on. Or if someone want to update it!

What do you think?

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post

You made me realise that the graph y-axis name is missleading. It's actually the output force. I ran the linear force test while holding the wheel tight. Even if the wheel didn't move at all, i could feel that the applied lateral torque was going stronger and stronger.

So even if the data is reported as a rotation, it's actually a lateral torque ramp up.

In that graph, i recalculated the output forces as percentage instead of raw values. It give a slope that is fairly similar to the first one i posted. With that said, the Knee is still at 0.38. That's a given. Now, for the Reduction calculation. Before the math, with your example, we can see applying some scoop will bend a linear response downward. If we apply some reduction on a upward bend, it should straighten that line.

What do you think?
    i am happy to test on the wheel and give feedback...I am lost at those numbers and FFB calculations and what to do...really am. but will follow instructions to test happily and provide feedback here!

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by skoader View Post
    That's quite different to how I've been doing it. If I'm understanding correctly you seem to be using the reduction value as a percentage by which to reduce rotation delta. 26% - 49% to bring it down between your linear lines.

A couple of problems I see with that -
    The scoop function in game has no concept of wheel deltas and is working purely with forces. There isn't a linear 1:1 relationship between the two. ie. Reducing forces by 50% won't reduce the wheel delta by the same 50%. As your graph shows, The force required to hit 80 is 0.38. To hit 40 requires a force of 0.28.

I think that's the main difference to our approach. I'm using reduction as the literal amount that forces are reduced by directly below the knee. Another thing - I don't think forces are 1:1 past the knee. They do however scale up so that an input force of 1 will output as 1.
    Attachment 213095
    I'm not sure that forces are simply lerped from the knee out to the extents (0-1) as this graph implies though.

Will do some more testing today.
    am going to test with:
    Deadzone Removal Range = 0.16
    Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.08
    Scoop Knee = 0.36 (only 0.36 or 0.40 possible on PS4) 0.38 not possible
    Scoop Reduction = 0.24 (only 0.24 or 0.28 possible on PS4) 0.25 not possible

rocafella1978

What do you think?
    can you guys explain or help me understand why I get clipping in right hand turns only?

rocafella1978
    update:

so reset everything back to default on the wheel, only changes:
    TIRE FORCE=50

and using JACK SPADE=CLASSIC

----CLIPPING happens only when applying brakes and turning LEFT or RIGHT into a TURN...anybody help with this?

Platform
    PC
    Very interesting thread, great feedback here. Some of this should make its way into the G25/G27 setup thread (then to be renamed Logitech Gxx setup thread ).
    PC: i7-4790k/16GB/GTX970 4GB/Z97-PRO/Logitech G27/Xbox 360 Controller
    Laptop: i7-4720HQ/16GB/GTX960M 2GB/Xbox 360 Controller
    LT Profiler: Strength: 100% - Spring 0% - Damper 0% - Center Spring 0% - 900 degrees - game can change
    Game settings (2.5): Classic profile - Tyre Force 80% - Deadzone Removal Range 0.16.
    Author of CREST - CARS REST API - GitHub
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mr.Smoke, poirqc

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post
    update:

so reset everything back to default on the wheel, only changes:
    TIRE FORCE=50

and using JACK SPADE=CLASSIC

----CLIPPING happens only when applying brakes and turning LEFT or RIGHT into a TURN...anybody help with this?
    If you're getting some clipping at Tire Force 50, you probably have Steering Gain(Last slider in the FFB controler menu) at more than 1. Try to put it at 1. If you're still getting some clipping, try putting Softs Clippings

Half 1.29
    Full 1.10

About the clipping, are you able to post a video of it?

Platform
    PS4

Question Logitech G29 Clipping Issue

Ive had my G29 for almost a week now & absolutely love it! Very happy with the purchase & dont regret it one bit.

I have been doing a fair amount of practice for the league i participate in & while watching the telemetry for brakes & tire info, ive come to realize that im running into issue with clipping. It effects all vehicles i have been in with the G29 and am puzzled how to correct it without turning settings way down & basically losing all FFB.

I have kept all global FFB settings at their default values except for tire force, which i have set to 50. As for car specific settings, i always use Jacks classic setting but change the master & SoP scale to 30 to try correct the clipping, but it is still there. A friend i race with also has the G29 and we are working together against this issue, which we are both having.

Regardless of vehicle or track, we are both getting clipping under a very specific circumstance. There is also very minor clipping at other times, but its nothing major. Our big clipping issue happens ONLY when braking WHILE turning, which we find rather strange. Braking in a straight line produces no clipping at all, nor does cornering on its own. It only happens when the two are coupled together. Makes no difference weather its a right or left turn from what ive gathered watching the telemetry.

If there are any FFB gurus around here that would be gracious enough & willing to provide any help, tips, insight, etc which could potentially solve this issue, my friend & i would be very grateful for your assistance.

We have tried messing with a number of the global settings, but basically everything has resulted in making the clipping worse, so we have changed them all back to default with the exception of tire force.

Thanks for reading & hopefully someone can provide some sort of insight here.
    Loving my Logitech G29

Platform
    PS4
    If you're getting some clipping at Tire Force 50, you probably have Steering Gain(Last slider in the FFB controler menu) at more than 1. Try to put it at 1. If you're still getting some clipping, try putting Softs Clippings

Half 1.29
    Full 1.10

About the clipping, are you able to post a video of it?
    Rocafella & myself are both having this same issue of clipping while braking & turning. It is very easy to reproduce & would be no problem for either of us to make a recording of it.

The steering gain setting is something we can try tinkering with to see if it will help eliminate the clipping. Is that the Relative Adjust Gain setting you are talking about here? Please keep in mind we are both using the G29 on PS4 only and i believe that my be a PC only setting with patch 2.5.

As for the soft clipping settings, we had both tried adjusting those numerous ways last night. What i noticed there, was the higher i had those values, brought even more clipping into the graph on the telemetry.
    Last edited by Mr.Smoke; 25-07-2015 at 12:25.
    Loving my Logitech G29

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Try dialing back the cars Fx scale.

Personal taste of course, but I hardly use any Fx at all. For me it only adds unwanted noise. Most noticeably when trail braking.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mr.Smoke, Roger Prynne