Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: G29 Discussions, Plus Support and Settings

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi All

I can't believe how much info is on here to help get the best out of my new G29. I really have little time for gaming with the family, so having all this to make the time i get a better experience is amazing!

I have a question and have beed reading through many of the pages but can't find the answer.

When i calibrate my wheel the first part said to turn wheel one way fully which i did but then it said turn 90 degrees. is that from the last position it is in or should i centre the wheel and then turn 90? I have read on here somewhere that turn all the way back to the other side is best? Please help.

Really sorry if you guys have answered this already i really did look through most pages but honestly not all. big thanks to LOW_NZ and redruMKO for all the setting and everyone else.

Platform
    PS4
    I understand the calibration as: turn to full lock, press x, return to center, turn 90 (either direction), press x.
    Works like a charm.
    Note: I have on-screen wheel/arms off.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I understand the calibration as: turn to full lock, press x, return to center, turn 90 (either direction), press x.
    Works like a charm.
    Note: I have on-screen wheel/arms off.
    Thanks i will give that a shot tonight. went with default as i didn't want to get it wrong or mess it up. Have to say moved from xbox 360 and microsoft wheel all very simple and easy to set up. this is mor complicated but this is in another league.

Platform
    PS4
    If you feel you're needing to turn the wheel too much/little, adjust steering ratio.
    Remember to exit session/track for steering ratio changes to take effect.
    Also have a play with caster angle.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi hkraft300

Thanks for the advice spent 1 hour last night tweaking my setting to get the right feel for me from the above setting. I did feel on some tracks was swinging the wheel from left to right a little to much I have another questions where do i change the wheel ratio?

Also might be another thread already out there for this one but hoe do i hear my crew chief while using the wheel. I have a 5.1 set up and also have turtle beach but could figure it out.

thanks again for all the help

Platform
    PC
    If you want slightly quicker steering without all the arm flailing, try set it for about 430-440deg, that's the most you can turn it without taking your hands off the wheel. I much prefer it like that.

The pit engineer can be turned on and off in the menu options, probably audio, but I'm away from the game right now.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by 0_Iceman_0 View Post
    I did feel on some tracks was swinging the wheel from left to right a little to much I have another questions where do i change the wheel ratio?
    In car tuning menu. R2/L2 to flick through the pages you'll see it.
    Move the slider left for less turns, right for more.
    I run 12:1 and I'll have to take 1 hand off at the Hockenheim GP hairpin.

Edit: there's the in-game pit engineer but there's a Crew Chief app also available which hooks up your smartphone/tablet on the same WiFi network and he will shout and swear at you if you mess about
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Turn down Fy. If that doesn't help, try reducing Mz scale. If you're only getting clipping when you're turning, you need to reduce the lateral force or the tire twisting force. Best way to fine tune is to set everything to 0 and then slowly add value to one setting at a time in increments. Slowly you can build an overall feel for the car. Test it out a bit and then increase or reduce the master scale to your preferred output. Make sure you add some body and SOP.

Platform
    PS4
    My car ffb is all default. Wheel feels more natural to me. Using the global settings from the 1st post of this thread I'm not getting any clipping, even with full caster.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LOW_NZ View Post
    Hi guys, IGNORE the games request for 90deg! It makes it like driving a bus.
    Do the full lock to the left or the right like it says, but instead of 90deg(1/4 of a rotation) let it spin back to 900deg hold it there and then press 'X'

Works heaps better.
    How exactly do you mean sorry? Do you mean after you've done the full 900 one, do it again at a full 900 for the 90 setting or do you mean you let it spin back to being centered and use that setting for the 90?
    Cheers.