Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: With Hamilton, Collins and Rene on board...

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot Flaw3dGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    504
    Platform
    PS4

    With Hamilton, Collins and Rene on board...

    Should the games default tunes of been much better? Alot of cars i find are horrible to drive and need extensive tuning. Had it not been for people on here and gt planet sharing tunes id be totally lost.
    PCars - When it works it's sublime! When it does'nt it's broken!

  2. #2
    Kart Driver Ally_bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    61
    Platform
    PS4
    What we comparing them to?

    I wouldn't say any of the cars are horrible to drive....

    Technically we aren't driving them, but you know what I mean.
    "If in doubt, flat out" T300rs + Ferrari F1 = WIN!
    Add me on PSN for CLEAN racing: badgerface1989
    Everyone wants to win, but there's no shame in finishing second for the sake of a clean, fair race....

  3. #3
    Moderator Blackvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    795
    Platform
    PC
    Horrible to drive is I suppose open to opinion. What I find nice to drive might not suit you. I believe the default setups are conservative and make the cars hopefully easier to drive. If you need any specific advice regarding setup I'd ask you to raise a thread in the setup section of the forum.

    Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

    Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik


  4. #4
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    56
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have found that the base setups are good but do require a little bit of tweaking which I have found has made this game more engaging and provides that bit of a challenge. Unlike formula 1 games by codemasters the practice sessions are valuable and are more fun havine to test different and new setups to suit the track conditions as they are so variable from car and track. I feel that the slightly basic setups help to make the game what it is, a simulator or less of an arcade game like forza. Thank you sms for this as I have actually learned to setup a car from having very little knowledge.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, TheReaper GT


  5. #5
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southampton UK
    Posts
    982
    The default setups do tend to be understeery by nature, but they needed to be stable for arcade gamepad users out of the box.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

  6. #6
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11
    They certainly have created setups that are neutral and more prone to understeer and limited rear end traction loss. That would have little to do with the feedback from the Pro Racers and more to do with the devs ensuring wider appeal when released.

    The Pro Racers' input would have been used to finesse the driving model, which means when you make changes to the set up, you can feel those changes.

    In that regard, Project Cars is a success for me. I make a change to the default setup and I can feel it both in feedback through the wheel and in my lap times. I personally find the default setups virtually un-driveable, but that doesn't make them bad, just not to my style of driving I make a few changes in the setups to refine the car to a more pointy front end and, pow, I can drive the car on the edge.....this is very satisfying.

    Of course, when the car doesn't suit my style of driving (ala the new Audi 90), well, then my setup refinement usually means I am spinning wildly and hit the wall!!
    i5 2500k / AMD 295x2 / 16gb / 512 SSD / 1tb SATA / 1440 27" monitor / Windows 8.1 / Latest AMD release drivers / G27

  7. #7
    GT5 Pilot chig88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,458
    Platform
    PS4
    Having perfectly tuned cars would surely take a lot of the challenge out of the game?

    In most racing games in the past I haven't even bothered tuning the cars, but I'm really enjoying trying to find the perfect balance for each car in pCARS. I like knowing that however bad the car feels when I first drive it, I can always make it driveable eventually.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88
    The following user likes this Post: barmydoughnut


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot Flaw3dGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    504
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by barmydoughnut View Post
    I have found that the base setups are good but do require a little bit of tweaking which I have found has made this game more engaging and provides that bit of a challenge. Unlike formula 1 games by codemasters the practice sessions are valuable and are more fun havine to test different and new setups to suit the track conditions as they are so variable from car and track. I feel that the slightly basic setups help to make the game what it is, a simulator or less of an arcade game like forza. Thank you sms for this as I have actually learned to setup a car from having very little knowledge.
    i find the majority of cars need major changes but i really enjoy the practice settings trying to get the car handling better but really im lost and have to rely on the community most of the time, With the race drivers on board for this game i think they should of been used to create a few setups as well. Maybe even a setup per car per track from each would of been amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by chig88 View Post
    Having perfectly tuned cars would surely take a lot of the challenge out of the game?
    What about having the default setups for the tuners and better setups for us that really struggle with that side of the game? Im sure PCars must have tons of players like myself considering the amazing sales it's had compared to other hardcore sims.
    PCars - When it works it's sublime! When it does'nt it's broken!

  9. #9
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3dGenius View Post
    i find the majority of cars need major changes but i really enjoy the practice settings trying to get the car handling better but really im lost and have to rely on the community most of the time, With the race drivers on board for this game i think they should of been used to create a few setups as well. Maybe even a setup per car per track from each would of been amazing.
    That makes a lot of sense. I cant find the link right now, but there was a setup site where you could download community setups - these might help you have a better baseline on setups and then work out your own personal driving style as you get more practice and skills. Will see if I can find link and post.
    i5 2500k / AMD 295x2 / 16gb / 512 SSD / 1tb SATA / 1440 27" monitor / Windows 8.1 / Latest AMD release drivers / G27

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot Flaw3dGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    504
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by justbeingmiko View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. I cant find the link right now, but there was a setup site where you could download community setups - these might help you have a better baseline on setups and then work out your own personal driving style as you get more practice and skills. Will see if I can find link and post.
    I tried that site a few times and they were pretty poor compared to other tunes from GTPlanet and on here.
    PCars - When it works it's sublime! When it does'nt it's broken!

Similar Threads

  1. Leader Board and World Record Question
    By EvoM3 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 01:44
  2. Another Leader Board Question :)
    By Oblivian in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-06-2015, 10:35
  3. Did Ben Collins try this game with a controller?
    By leelaa15 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 06:24
  4. (Please delete) Closed now in main events board
    By lordymatsuo in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 01:33
  5. Leader board - game settings
    By fendtvario in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-05-2015, 22:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •