Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Career save lost

Platform
    XBOX1

Unhappy Career save lost

I went on Project Cars today to find that I had to restart the game all over again. No idea why this has happened but now i'm scared of going through the career incase it happens again, any explanations as to why this may of happened? Completely random, the game was fine last night.
    Xbox One

😎 🚗

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Mine also, seems to be after every patch for me

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Happened three times between patch 1.4-2.0, but not since 2.0 for me. I've played early in the day, then come back 3-4 hours later and have it not work.

I am curious, the last time you played before it failed, how did you shut down? Did you shut down from a career match session, free practice? at main menu? Did you close the game? do you have Instant-On on, off, or did you hard-shutdown by holding power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light turns yellow.

As much information as you can provide about exactly what happened when it failed could potentially help SMS in the future. Were you experiencing any other Save Data related bugs such as career pit-box tunes resetting or skipping to end of session causing impossible AI times?

For when mine failed each time, I always bring PCars back to its main menu, then hit guide button to go to dashboard, hit menu, then click Close. I would then hold down power button for 20+ seconds until brick light went yellow. First time this happened was 5-6 weeks after launch, then three weeks after that, and then 28hours later for the third corruption. since that last corruption, I still do the same shutdown procedure, except for holding guide button and clicking Shut Down from there to turn off xbox without Instant On on. I am no longer holding power to hard shutdown each time, but still hard resetting every so often. We'll see how long it lasts...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by SweeetFA View Post
    Delete any replays and/or pictures.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...oad-data-XBone
    I know saved replays and pics are saved with your cloud data for some reason and that can cause issues, but what about using xbox DVR to do those 30-second "Xbox Record That"s? Those clips are not related to this issue, correct? I have never saved a single game replay or a picture and still had this issue 3x as stated above.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    Happened three times between patch 1.4-2.0, but not since 2.0 for me. I've played early in the day, then come back 3-4 hours later and have it not work.

I am curious, the last time you played before it failed, how did you shut down? Did you shut down from a career match session, free practice? at main menu? Did you close the game? do you have Instant-On on, off, or did you hard-shutdown by holding power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light turns yellow.

As much information as you can provide about exactly what happened when it failed could potentially help SMS in the future. Were you experiencing any other Save Data related bugs such as career pit-box tunes resetting or skipping to end of session causing impossible AI times?

For when mine failed each time, I always bring PCars back to its main menu, then hit guide button to go to dashboard, hit menu, then click Close. I would then hold down power button for 20+ seconds until brick light went yellow. First time this happened was 5-6 weeks after launch, then three weeks after that, and then 28hours later for the third corruption. since that last corruption, I still do the same shutdown procedure, except for holding guide button and clicking Shut Down from there to turn off xbox without Instant On on. I am no longer holding power to hard shutdown each time, but still hard resetting every so often. We'll see how long it lasts...
    Ever since patch 2.0 was released upon the start screen the game was searching for my save game from the cloud. Earlier today is simply asked me what settings to start with (novice/amateur/pro). I did a hard restart of the console and the same problem occured again. Proceeded with setting up a new game and went to the load game save menu and it only shows the new one. The old one has gone, I always leave the game at the main menu and turn off the xbox at the xbox dashboard, thanks for the reply OpticalHercules
    Xbox One

😎 🚗

Platform
    XBOX1
    The game asking you for Novice/Amatuer/Pro is the first thing it does when doing a fresh install with no save data locally or on the cloud. Did you delete your save data on both before seeing that page? If not, then you may be experiencing a new issue that is possibly unrelated to the cloud data corruption that causes other users to have to manually delete that data in order to play. Is your save data intact for other games? Do you have any saved replays or pictures from PCars before this happened?

Normally when a cloud data delete is required, the game will hang at the animated 4-bar loading screen after you click Menu on the driver-outline page. What you're describing sounds completely different.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Save lost again, twice now since patch update and three times before that, I don't save replays so can't be out off storage space?. I had a race waiting for me last night as I did the qualy the night before but switched on last night and nothing there.

I love this game, the racing is mint but starting to loose interest now because of starting new career's!!

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    No idea, but wait to start a new career until patch 3.0.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Obviously it's only happening to a few of us?