Thread: [SOLVED] Accelerator input drops to zero for a few seconds / Fanatec CSR

WMD Member

[SOLVED] Accelerator input drops to zero for a few seconds / Fanatec CSR

Hi,

when I started playing Project Cars today, I had the following problem: while driving on the track, suddenly the accelerator drops to zero despite the pedal being pressed. After a few seconds, it comes back and I have acceleration according to pedal input. This happens every 10 seconds or so, car slows down without power to the wheels, no matter what I do with the pedal, then it accelerates again. Tried different tracks and cars - all the same. Restarted game, wheel, PC... still the same. Recalibrated pedals - no change.

Then I tried other games (Assetto Corsa, R3E, F1 2014) and also the driver control panel for my wheel - everywhere, accelerator pedal works fine, no issues.

I had played Project Cars a few days ago after the Audi A1 quattro had come out, and it worked fine. Today I bought the Audi / Ruapuna DLC before playing, after that I noticed the problems (not saying that's in any way related - it might be, but I have no idea). I don't know if Patch 2.5 was already applied last time I played - today it was.

My setup is a PC with Fanatec CSR Wheel connected via USB. Fanatec CSR Pedals connected to wheel. Nothing changed on wheel since I last played pCars successfully.

Anyone can help or is experiencing the same issues? Right now, I can't play pCars anymore
    My config : CPU i5-2500 @ 3.3GHz | RAM 8GB 1333 MHz | GPU nvidia GeForce GTX 570 | OS Windows 8.1 64-bit | Wheel Fanatec CSR | Display 24" IPS-LCD @ 1080p

WMD Member
    One more observation, as I tried again today:

This only seems to happen when in second or higher gear - I can go down the whole start / finish straight at Nürburgring GP in first gear without any drops, but as soon as I shift up to second gear, it only takes a second or two until gas input drops to zero for a few seconds, then stutters, then comes back to 100%.
    My config : CPU i5-2500 @ 3.3GHz | RAM 8GB 1333 MHz | GPU nvidia GeForce GTX 570 | OS Windows 8.1 64-bit | Wheel Fanatec CSR | Display 24" IPS-LCD @ 1080p

WMD Member
    And... it gets weirder - here's one more: it seems that those "power outages" don't happen randomly, but depend on the position on the track. It seems that I'm loosing power at the same places every lap, and that it is also coming back at the same points. Even the stuttering happens at the same locations.

Didn't notice this before, as I never really did more than one lap since the problem occured. But yesterday, I did like 5 laps on The Glen and noticed the pattern...

I can do a video with telemetry on if that helps...

Platform
    PC
    Sounds like you have some driving assist turned on?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Marco Kaiser

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I've experienced a power loss (didn't think to check my input HUD at the time) at Oultan Park with the Clio on the same part of the track each time during an MP race. This also happened at Snetterton 200 with the Formula Rookie during a Career qualifying. Didn't notice this issue until recently, within the last week or so. Anyone else?
    System Specs: Intel i7 9700K CPU at 3.6 Ghz w/Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, MSI MEG Z390 ACE MB, MSI RTX 2080 (1), Drvr ver. 419.35, G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3000, Samsung 512 GB 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung Evo 1 TB SATA SSD (Programs), 2 TB WD Black SATA Hard Drive (Storage), EVGA SuperNova G2 850W PSU, LG 34UM68-P 34" Monitor (2560 x 1080), Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base w/Ferrari GTE Wheel, Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Add-on Pedals, DSD Seq. Shifter, Fanatec Hand brake, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t-stang View Post
    I've experienced a power loss (didn't think to check my input HUD at the time) at Oultan Park with the Clio on the same part of the track each time during an MP race. This also happened at Snetterton 200 with the Formula Rookie during a Career qualifying. Didn't notice this issue until recently, within the last week or so. Anyone else?
    Are you using any driving assists?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    No assists. The Oultan Park MP race started out fine. It wasn't until I was 2 or 3 laps into the race when I experienced the power loss and lasted for approximately 2 or 3 consecutive laps. The loss started coming out of the last chicane and lasted to about the quick right hander (sorry, don't know the name of the corner). The rest of the field didn't seem effected, because I was over taken rapidly by other cars each time.
    Last edited by t-stang; 31-07-2015 at 11:07.
    System Specs: Intel i7 9700K CPU at 3.6 Ghz w/Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, MSI MEG Z390 ACE MB, MSI RTX 2080 (1), Drvr ver. 419.35, G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3000, Samsung 512 GB 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung Evo 1 TB SATA SSD (Programs), 2 TB WD Black SATA Hard Drive (Storage), EVGA SuperNova G2 850W PSU, LG 34UM68-P 34" Monitor (2560 x 1080), Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base w/Ferrari GTE Wheel, Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Add-on Pedals, DSD Seq. Shifter, Fanatec Hand brake, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t-stang View Post
    Just drove some laps in Free Practice in the Clio at Oulton International and no power loss here. Does it only happen in MP and career for you?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I just noticed this happening, recently and it was only those 2 times I described. At the times it happened, it felt like I shifted incorrectly (shifted from 2nd to 4th) but I was in the correct gear. Could it be a random mechanical failure? Anyway, I didn't think too much about it, until I read Marco's post.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Sounds like you have some driving assist turned on?
    Hah... I normally drive without assists, but yes - they were (partially) turned on! Brake assist was on, and driving aids were set to "real".

I can't remember exactly how they were before, but did these settings change in patch 2.5? And maybe the values got messed up with the patch and enabled assists? Very strange... and how it behaved really didn't feel like any driving aid would behave in reality - totally cutting power?!

Anyway - thanks Remco, back running in pCars again!
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo