Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Setup Bug

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    ^^^ Why did you have to go and say that?

There's a good discussion going on here, don't spoil it.

You come across as a 12 year old child yourself.
    Because I did some coding by myself for racing server.
    And when a professional programmer create a game that unable to load the correct setup for a car/track combination - that makes me start think that way...

PS: Well the game physics and graphics are brilliant - that makes it the best racing game at the moment. But those bugs... I mean it's so stupid that game has complex brilliant dynamical tyre model that is working great - and at the same time simple silly bugs in interface.
    Last edited by AfterAll14; 26-07-2015 at 11:35.
    numbers don't lie

Well as an example if im in free practice if im running like 10* 7* wings pulling taller gears then all of a sudden it wont pull the gears, and i have to go back run wings at 5* 3 to pull the same gears it makes me wonder what happend to the power, or the setup, and I havent changed anything to make that big of a diffrence. Yes I know the track rubbers in, im talking about just speed.

Obiously some people have either a bug that the car is slow most of the time with an ocasional fast car being right or everyone else has a fast car thats not right, and were all scratching our heads saying um my car only goes* 305kph and your at 328 ?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    holy crap ^^

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterAll14 View Post
    Because I did some coding by myself for racing server.
    And when a professional programmer create a game that unable to load the correct setup for a car/track combination - that makes me start think that way...

PS: Well the game physics and graphics are brilliant - that makes it the best racing game at the moment. But those bugs... I mean it's so stupid that game has complex brilliant dynamical tyre model that is working great - and at the same time simple silly bugs in interface.
    This isn't a thread on interface bugs.

There's a question on power disparity, when/why it's happening. There's a either legit reason for it and it's working as it should, or something is wrong.

You're posting and talking irrelevant shit on every thread like you know it all.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    This isn't a thread on interface bugs..
    Setup screen is a part of interface. So this thread IS abut interface bugs.

There's a question on power disparity, when/why it's happening. There's a either legit reason for it and it's working as it should, or something is wrong.
    So what? I think it's what we discuss here.

You're posting and talking irrelevant shit on every thread like you know it all.
    Ok that was rude. First of all if the game has problems and you say you should not discuss them - you're saying stupid thing at least. It's more useful for developers than for users.
    Secondly - I bought this game and I have right to claim all bugs - it's developers fault and they have to fix it.
    numbers don't lie

Platform
    PC
    Staying on the topic:
    today I played online at Donington. Same setup no change. In Free practice it was one car, in qualy - totally different, much less bumpy. Then in race it was again more bumpy as on practice. I don't know how to prove it with numbers because suspension telemetry lacking parameters. But I drive RUF GT3 all the time, and I feel this car very well. This happens very often. I'm working on setup for hours in free practice, then I instantly go to race - and it's totally different car. It's like it loads default setup for some reason.
    Another setup bug I've noticed - changing steering ratio doesn't work. You have to restart session to apply changes.
    numbers don't lie

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterAll14 View Post
    Your horsepower value is determined by random horsepower generator - RHG.
    Your aero drag value is determined by random drag generator - RDG.
    RHG and RDG work together to determine your straight line top speed.
    I'll be rude to anyone posting smartass BS like this.

There's an issue with power output changing, and we are asking to find out why it's happening, not being a smartass.
    May be irrelevant to developers and the answer lies with a racing expert/enthusiast.

Not everything that goes your way, or as you expect, is a bug.

Eg:-
    Brakes locking up - it's a bug! No, check your temps - carbon brakes get extra sticky when hot...
    Brakes not working - it's a bug! No, maybe they're too cold...
    Top speed too low - it's a bug! no, check your setup...

What the OP is posting about, I haven't experienced or noticed.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60

I'll be rude to anyone posting smartass BS like this.

There's an issue with power output changing, and we are asking to find out why it's happening, not being a smartass.
    May be irrelevant to developers and the answer lies with a racing expert/enthusiast.

Not everything that goes your way, or as you expect, is a bug.

Eg:-
    Brakes locking up - it's a bug! No, check your temps - carbon brakes get extra sticky when hot...
    Brakes not working - it's a bug! No, maybe they're too cold...
    Top speed too low - it's a bug! no, check your setup...

What the OP is posting about, I haven't experienced or noticed.
    Yeah either way I build a setup at nurb in free practice do a low 1:26, got to the pits check it take pictures of it, and its exactley the way it was before I did the 1:26. Back out double check it saved right it did, and no values were changed. Go to TT and its slow and will only do a 1:28. So I back out check the setup its the same, go back to free practice to check it there and same thing only runs a 1:28 and won't pull the gears like its got half power???????

Obviously theres a major bug in the setup somewhere.
    Last edited by FACT0RY PIL0T; 27-07-2015 at 03:45.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    ^^^ Why did you have to go and say that?

There's a good discussion going on here, don't spoil it.

You come across as a 12 year old child yourself.
    LOL, and you're the " Moderator"? Haven't been here in a while. Not much has changed.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T View Post
    Yeah either way I build a setup at nurb in free practice do a low 1:26, got to the pits check it take pictures of it, and its exactley the way it was before I did the 1:26. Back out double check it saved right it did, and no values were changed. Go to TT and its slow and will only do a 1:28. So I back out check the setup its the same, go back to free practice to check it there and same thing only runs a 1:28 and won't pull the gears like its got half power???????

Obviously theres a major bug in the setup somewhere.
    TT bases your laps on March 1st at 1100.

Are you using the same date/time for Free Practice?

Even if you set the same date/time, unless anyone can correct me, I believe the track "rubbering in factor" is different. So maybe you are getting some benefit of the rear ending sliding out a little on corner exit in Free Practice, giving you a faster time?
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z