Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Setup Bug

Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    TT bases your laps on March 1st at 1100.

Are you using the same date/time for Free Practice?

Even if you set the same date/time, unless anyone can correct me, I believe the track "rubbering in factor" is different. So maybe you are getting some benefit of the rear ending sliding out a little on corner exit in Free Practice, giving you a faster time?
    No im making sure the time is right, plus im usually .100-.200 within free practice times I set there faster or slower depending if im driving well or not In TT

Also yesterday I decided to do some TT for comparison, and now im in about 5 laps having the rear tires go blue, cooling off and never cuming back up to temp and it gets loose all over the place.

Until I stop do a couple donuts heat them up then there good for about 5 laps then back to blue. Never had this before usually they just get hotter the harder I drive.

Platform
    PS4
    I'm actually faster in free practice than in TT. Something throws me off with the rubbered track. Possible that my line is different to the track rubber. Plus the sun glare in my face in some parts of the track shits me too. I'd make a terrible endurance racer going full diva at dawn and dusk lol

So checking your telemetry, you're seeing a horsepower drop between FP and TT?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I'm actually faster in free practice than in TT. Something throws me off with the rubbered track. Possible that my line is different to the track rubber. Plus the sun glare in my face in some parts of the track shits me too. I'd make a terrible endurance racer going full diva at dawn and dusk lol

So checking your telemetry, you're seeing a horsepower drop between FP and TT?
    Ill try to explain again, for example

At Nurb gp,* I was on track putting in good lap times but never looked at the power, looked at the setup in the pits took pictures as thats my backup, left free practice, and went to the garge to check the setup, made sure it saved the exact setup to the track and nothing changed, went to TT and the car was slow and 2 seconds off pace from free practice.

I never thought about looking at power untill it was slow in TT and the max I was getting was 702hp.* So I went back to free practice to check, and it was slow there same 702hp reading.

So I decided to go to leMa and check the power was 750hp I went into the pits made adjustments to a setup, went back on track felt slow looked and it was 702hp so then I hit restart and it was 702hp still.

Backed out went to the garage reset the setup to default went back to LeMa and it was back to 750hp.* Made adjustments and it stayed at 750hp the second time.

So im thinking hmmm why is it so low when the lowest ive seen at one other track was 742hp, and im only getting 702hp, and seeing 750hp everywhere else ive been.

Now heres the kicker I just figured out today after thinking about this,* ever since the Silverstone comunity event, after the last time I ran in it to check a ghost my car has been slow and fast at diffrent times, and I've had both my Silverstone setup, and Nurb gp setup do the same thing from free practice to TT 2 seconds slower identical setups between the two modes.....
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Ok, so this is making every approach of competitive racing like cups or leagues impossible. What is the official statement on this from SMS? Are the guys in blue aware of that massive bug/problem?

Pls let us have something to work with, as this really makes supporting pCars quite hard within racing communities that also use other titles for their events...
    | PS4

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 w/ BMW GT2 Rim (PC driver 231 - Wheel FW 142 | Damping: 100% | 900º)
    | In-game: All Deadzones: 0 | All Sensitivities: 50 | FFB/TF: 50/100, Guzzlebeards FFB settings:
    | http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1153387
    | Car-FFb, Spindle | Master Scale: 46 | Scale Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 106/102/104/100 | Smooth Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 0/0/0/0 | Arm Angle 1500
    | Car-FFb, Body & SOP | Body Scale/Long. Scale/Stiffness/Damping 0/0/0/0 | SoP Scale/Lateral/Diff/Damp 0/10/10/0
    | Controller Input Mode: 3 | Advanced: OFF | Soft Steering Dampering: OFF | Visual Wheel Filtering: OFF | Opposite Lock Help: OFF
    | Wheel Profile: SEN: AUT | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100
    The following user likes this Post: aTTaX boMbaY

Platform
    PS4
    Tested for the described behaviour with the imsa Audi at Spa. No repro possible. Same power output in telemetry with default and customized setup...

So its maybe "only" affecting some cars like FA?
    | PS4

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 w/ BMW GT2 Rim (PC driver 231 - Wheel FW 142 | Damping: 100% | 900º)
    | In-game: All Deadzones: 0 | All Sensitivities: 50 | FFB/TF: 50/100, Guzzlebeards FFB settings:
    | Car-FFb, Spindle | Master Scale: 46 | Scale Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 106/102/104/100 | Smooth Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 0/0/0/0 | Arm Angle 1500
    | Car-FFb, Body & SOP | Body Scale/Long. Scale/Stiffness/Damping 0/0/0/0 | SoP Scale/Lateral/Diff/Damp 0/10/10/0
    | Controller Input Mode: 3 | Advanced: OFF | Soft Steering Dampering: OFF | Visual Wheel Filtering: OFF | Opposite Lock Help: OFF
    | Wheel Profile: SEN: AUT | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

Platform
    PS4
    I'm not getting the problem with the R18 TDI or BMW 320T which is what I've been driving lately.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    4 users from our racing community tested the named behaviour on PS4 yesterday evening independently and did not encounter any bugs/inconsistencys in the power department. Default vs customized setups with Formula A, IMSA Audi, McLaren, GT3 Ruf. All had the same power output per track and with different setups. Power varied according to height above sea level. E.g. the Formula A has about 760 hp at Imola and 702 hp at Nürburgring.

So there is definitely no such issue on PS4 as described in the OP.
    | PS4

Well i havent been able to get it to repeat, the power drop at higher hp tracks.

It may be something with the final drive on being fast then all of a sudden slow thats not saving correct but showing the same numbers on screen, i have one more test im doing tonite and if it does what i think it will hopefully I'll catch it on video today.

Otherwise its just some random thing ive had happen but havent been able to get it to repeat all the time.

Well i had it do the fast then slow thing from mode to mode, and the power was the same between the 2 modes but 10-12 kph diffrence at points, but I forgot to hit record and capture it arghhhhhh

Double checked the date time its right on free practice.
    Obviously xbox is just hacked, and nothing is working right in the Formula A for mine on my console.

Im pretty consistent lap to lap within .200 or less so its not like I have one superman lap then 20 garbage laps.