Thread: Wheel doesn't work

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Wheel doesn't work

I use a Fanatec GT2 on PC.

I was bored with all the bugs (mostly online) and left the game a month and a half ago.

Since, there has been some patches, so I decided to give a second chance to the game and wanted to show it to some friends and family.

Pchiiit, game didn't work any more with my wheel and every body laughed at the screen, my also, so embarrassing for the game.

What happened sInce a month, and what should I do to make the game work again with my wheel ?

Here is the problem : the wheel (works perfect with Dirt Rally) seems to have a 10 degree sensibility, I hardly touch it and the wheel ingame goes from extreme left to extreme right. Unplayable.

I previously used Jack Spades tweaks V1.6 , it didn't work that time so I removed them, didn't work better.

Closed the game and had fun with Dirt Rally.

What should I do to enjoy PCARS again with my wheel ?

Thanks for the help !

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Have you checked your controller settings in-game?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiroquai View Post
    I use a Fanatec GT2 on PC.

I was bored with all the bugs (mostly online) and left the game a month and a half ago.

Since, there has been some patches, so I decided to give a second chance to the game and wanted to show it to some friends and family.

Pchiiit, game didn't work any more with my wheel and every body laughed at the screen, my also, so embarrassing for the game.

What happened sInce a month, and what should I do to make the game work again with my wheel ?

Here is the problem : the wheel (works perfect with Dirt Rally) seems to have a 10 degree sensibility, I hardly touch it and the wheel ingame goes from extreme left to extreme right. Unplayable.

I previously used Jack Spades tweaks V1.6 , it didn't work that time so I removed them, didn't work better.

Closed the game and had fun with Dirt Rally.

What should I do to enjoy PCARS again with my wheel ?

Thanks for the help !
    Sounds like you need to recalibrate the wheel. Most likely the wheel angle of rotation - e.g. 900 degrees

Platform
    PC
    Try this except replace DFGT for Fanatec:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post977523
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Khimmy View Post
    Sounds like you need to recalibrate the wheel. Most likely the wheel angle of rotation - e.g. 900 degrees
    I recalibrate the wheel in the game menu before any session since I have the game. I'm forced to do that if I want to make it work properly since the beginning, so I did that as usual.

Anyway thanks for the help

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Try this except replace DFGT for Fanatec:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post977523
    I'll try that, even if I'll surely lose all my assignments by doing that...

Thanks anyway, I'll let you know if it works again.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok so none of the solutions worked.

In fact it seems that it was the wheel sensibility in the game options that was on 50 (previously on 100) that made the wheel go crazy. I first thought it was the dead zone but no.

Now it works fine but I'm surprised that changing the controller still reset the assignments for the previous one. Crazy to see this hasn't been fixed for a 2015 game. Not even talking about the changings of your options when you go back, and for example you set the deadzone at 2 and it goes all alone to 1 or set it to 1 and it goes to 0... Magic, let's say...