Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSR, weird FFB/Vibration since 2.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Fanatec CSR, weird FFB/Vibration since 2.5

Hello all,

Since the patch my FFB on my CSR has got a weird vibration in the rim under acceleration. It feels like a flat spot/slow rotation puncture. Also my ABS vibration has stopped completely. Any ideas out there please? Game is not very playable at the minute

WMD Member
    * Added accelerator slip vibration to the wheel rim of Fanatec wheels where available, and fixed brake rumble not working.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    * Added accelerator slip vibration to the wheel rim of Fanatec wheels where available, and fixed brake rumble not working.
    Back to 2.0 settings it is!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm experiencing the same vibration issue with this latest patch. How do you roll back to a previous version (2.0)?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Normal functions of the fanatec wheels, they have two vibration feedback motors just for this, which I do not think was working before.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee2001 View Post
    Back to 2.0 settings it is!
    It built into either presets, so I don't believe you will get rid of it. At first I thought something was broken, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Then I jumped into the formula c and started pushing in different places to try to have this happen.
    Only cars i tried so far was bmw gt, formula a, formula c and Audi A1.

PHIL,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    Normal functions of the fanatec wheels, they have two vibration feedback motors just for this, which I do not think was working before.
    The engine vibration was definitely there before on my wheel. In fact, it's still works up until you take manual control of the car leaving the pits, and then it simply stops working. Aggravating as all hell to have the game more or less ruined by this. The wheel now just feels dead without the engine vibration.
    Intel i5 4690k OC'd@ 4.2GHz/ GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5/ Asus Strix GTX 970 SLI/ Corsair H100i/ G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB/ Crucial MX100 512GB SSD/ WD CB 1TB HD/ Toshiba 3TB HD/ EVGA SuperNOVA 750W PSU/ NZXT Switch 810/ Windows 10/ Fanatec FM CSR Wheel/ Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals/ Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter/ Obutto Ozone Cockpit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    After fiddling around in the wheel properties a bit, sometimes the vibration comes back, but the force feedback gets weaker in game. Since the update, it seems my wheel can't walk and chew gum at the same time anymore. Back to Assetto Corsa until this game gets it's stuff together.
    Intel i5 4690k OC'd@ 4.2GHz/ GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5/ Asus Strix GTX 970 SLI/ Corsair H100i/ G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB/ Crucial MX100 512GB SSD/ WD CB 1TB HD/ Toshiba 3TB HD/ EVGA SuperNOVA 750W PSU/ NZXT Switch 810/ Windows 10/ Fanatec FM CSR Wheel/ Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals/ Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter/ Obutto Ozone Cockpit

Platform
    PC
    I experienced weird vibrations in patch 2.5 as well. What happens is that some canned FFB rumble is turned on. The weird thing is, it SUDDENLY turned on while I was tweaking FFB in the garage on track. I have NOT found a way to turn off the canned FFB (white lines in telemetry) from within the game. I disabled all non-relevant forces in the Thrustmaster Control panel and left only constant forces turned on. This removed the weird canned FFB rumble.

I think it is the Xbox Controller ruble leaking through. Here is how the Telemetry screen looks while cornering:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-19_00002.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	212489

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I can confirm, I have a Fanatec CSR and the engine vibration worked perfectly before the most recent patch. Now I get 0 engine vibration while driving. This makes a HUGE impact for me, because it feels like i'm not even driving now...going back to the old ffb feels much better, but then they go and mess this up...