Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMP 2 Nissan. HELP needed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

LMP 2 Nissan. HELP needed.

LMP 2 season with the Nissan.
    Tire wear at 'Real'.

I'm starting to learn how to make decent tune setups. Cars drive really good and I make them grip real good but after allready 8 laps I'm starting to lose grip... And this is making me to lose allot of positions near the end of the race. Since I don't understand half on the Telemetry hud I can't figure out whats happening.. This keeps happening on (almost) every track. Only experienced this with the LMP 2 car. Could be because I just started tuning myself when I started the LMP 2 season.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?? And is this losing grip feeling because of tire wear or bottoming out or something?? But don't even know if tirewear is possible after 8 laps..?

PLEASE help. I do set the car real low and stiff. Bump stop also very low. But I don't know how it should feel when a car is bottoming out? You start losing grip? Or maybe I put too much pressure on the tires and therefore they start losing grip after allready 8 laps?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    If the cars bottoming out then you'll hear it scraping and you'll see sparks out the back, its quite obvious once you've seen/heard it once.

Its unlikely you're wearing out the LMP2 tyres in 8 laps,(unless its the Nordschleife ), check the telemetry and look at the numbers above the 4 tyres, that's the temperature of each part of each tyre, for each tyre the 3 numbers should be similar, ~5C, and no more than roughly 115C, no less than ~75C. Sorry if your a Fahrenheit person. The four pictures of tyres on the telemetry screen should be bright green, otherwise they are out of their optimum operating temperatures.

The big numbers below each tyre is the % of total grip that each tyre is currently having to use. If these go above 100 then that tyre is sliding and so you are losing grip. Concentrate on the outside tyres for each corner and make sure you're not passing 100% grip regularly

Hope this helps
    Last edited by doyley101; 27-07-2015 at 19:45. Reason: Typos :)
    The following user likes this Post: mjemec11

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by doyley101 View Post
    If the cars bottoming out then you'll hear it scraping and you'll see sparks out the back, its quite obvious once you've seen/heard it once.

Its unlikely you're wearing out the LMP2 tyres in 8 laps,(unless its the Nordschleife ), check the telemetry and look at the numbers above the 4 tyres, that's the temperature of each part of each tyre, for each tyre the 3 numbers should be similar, ~5C, and no more than roughly 115C, no less than ~75C. Sorry if your a Fahrenheit person. The four pictures of tyres on the telemetry screen should be bright green, otherwise they are out of their optimum operating temperatures.

The big numbers below each tyre is the % of total grip that each tyre is currently having to use. If these go above 100 then that tyre is sliding and so you are losing grip. Concentrate on the outside tyres for each corner and make sure you're not passing 100% grip regularly

Hope this helps
    Yes, thank you very much for the explanation. What should I do or change when the outside tires are in fact passing 100% in corners? And could it be that because I'm above 100% allot, the tires are wearing out at an extremly fast rate?

Edit: and could this have something to do with changing the rear camber angles?
    Last edited by Lagoa; 27-07-2015 at 19:55.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    You can gain a bit more cornering grip by increasing negative camber but if you over do it then the inside of the tyres will overheat. Really if front and rear tyres are sliding then you could try softening the springs/sway bars abit but otherwise you'll just have to enter the corner slower

Platform
    PC
    You can lose grip without having excessive wear. As the tire temperature fluctuates (whether up or down), it will have an effect on your available grip. If you run a track with long straights, your tires will have a harder time staying at temperature. If you run a track with a lot of turns, your tires may have a hard time cooling. The temperature differences may not show on the HUD, but they can and will affect your grip. "Green" has a wide operating range and within that range there are varied amounts of grip.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Is there a number on the telemetry that show the inside temp of the tyre?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagoa View Post
    Is there a number on the telemetry that show the inside temp of the tyre?
    The inner most number above each tyre in the telemetry is the inside temp of the corresponding tyre
    The following user likes this Post: Lagoa

Platform
    PC
    LMP2 Oreca, not Nissan.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well... It keeps happening. And I tested in practise allot this time. LMP 2 season last race on Spa. First 10 minutes are fine and then I start losing grip and start slipping... Really weird. Don't know what causes this.. Temps of the tires were fine for sure as I checked real good this time. The most was 105 and the least was 85c.
    Pressure was 1.70 bar on all four tires. Did it a little lower than usual.. So they start having optimum temp slower.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This is the setup I used. Would be great if someone can help and tell me why this keeps happening.. Always lose a allot of positions near the end of the race.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4341.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	213687