Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammers

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Rammers

Hello drivers,

Today was my first day of project cars, i really love this game but for one thing, rammers. In 80% of my online races, whenever I had a battle with another driver for a position, he went into me after a couple of laps and rammed me out of the circuit.Is this normal in this game or i was unlucky with the match making?
    The following 4 users likes this Post: CopperySinger5, mcs1981, sailordude9980, xxoxxGURUxxoxx

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Unfortunately it is normal , what isn't normal is when you go into a public lobby and this doesn't happen , that's not normal.

Find a group of clean racers bud it will save you a lot of pain...... There are a lot of people here looking for the same thing as you are .......

Put down your location and find like minded players that want to play the game respectfully .

Platform
    PC
    I set pole position not because I'm fast.
    I always best on start not because my responses are good.
    I just want to run away from something I'm afraid more than anything in the game, pure evil with no mercy.
    People give them many names, I call them RAMMERS.
    numbers don't lie
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chokito1982, jason

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7ad74000c152f13a284565d266dd3edc.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	213588 online public lobby

Platform
    PC
    Two suggestions to make public online racing more enjoyable:

1. Don't bother to qualify unless you are certain you can get on the front couple of rows. Have a cup of tea instead. If you are lucky you will end up on the back row of the grid, from where you can sit back for the first few turns and watch the mess in front of you without getting involved. By the end of the first lap you will lost likely have picked up several places as the rammers (and the badly rammed) leave the race.
    2. Enter races that don't have more than 5 or 6 cars taking part. The rammers don't appear to find them as much fun (not enough targets, I guess).

Enjoy!
    The following 6 users likes this Post: AB_Attack, Batavier, Braken99, KKR kwik-kiwi, NutsMammoth, Paulo Ribeiro

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Tips:

1) enter lobbies where competent hosts use all types of non-assists settings to deter the rammers. (rammers will beg you to stay committed with assists).

2) make use of climate change, damage, and tire wear ect.. this will give competent racers an edge in racing.

3) force cockpit view, this will promote fair and peaceful racing for all players.(don't complain the "flycam makes you faster" stuff, if you want to avoid rammers)

4) If you are not ready for no-assists, join a racing league that promotes them, but maybe hard to find races when and where you want.

5) take advantage of qualify events. not only to get pole position, but this is where you see who gets the fastest lap times, edit pit strategy, and tuning cars to have a better experience on the track.

6) study the rammer's strategy. Example, one rammer tried to play dead on a long stretch in roadAmerica but I saw him trying to creep up into the road and I was able to dodge the incident

7) race clean, many of the rammers are new at the game and causes repeated mistakes until they improve.
    Last edited by CopperySinger5; 29-07-2015 at 11:26.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Smile

A rammer can be a good driver using a wheel, driving with no assists in cockpit view only and having an unsporting behavior.
    There are drivers with unsporting behavior and race crashers (wreckers, people who don't care the race...).
    Hard to detect a real rammer (unsporting behavior or ping issue or driving mistake or...).

The solution could be private dedicated servers open to the public (no password protected).
    The admin watches the multiplayer replay (well, once fixed ) in order to blacklist rammers and race crashers on his server.
    A dedicated server should be allowed to block some players with bad reputation.
    We could have clean dedicated servers without rammers/race crashers.

- Online reputation (once working )
    - Dedicated servers.
    - Blacklisting feature for admins.
    - Multiplayer replays (once fixed ) to help admins.
    Last edited by NutsMammoth; 29-07-2015 at 12:26.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I vote for all of them having their car instantly switched for a Dodge Ram.
    PSN: bluedice
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CopperySinger5, sailordude9980

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsMammoth View Post
    A rammer can be a good driver using a wheel, driving with no assists in cockpit view only, and have unsporting behavior.
    There are drivers with unsporting behavior and race crashers (wreckers, people who don't care the race...).
    Hard to detect a real rammer (unsporting behavior or ping issue or driving mistake or...).
    At least if something can be done against race crashers.
    With real damage turned on and no assists they might even attempt that, but they will most likely end up in the pit for repairs.
    PSN: bluedice

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post

Name:	7ad74000c152f13a284565d266dd3edc.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	213588 online public lobby
    Today:

Name:	rammed.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	213779

(The Bentley driver pushed this BMW guy off-track on the prior lap. I knew BMW guy would retaliate!)
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Braken99, Bubbs, Paulo Ribeiro, RTA nOsKiLlS, Tomcul