Page 374 of 398 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3973

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Platform
    PC
    My P1 wheel's downshift paddle stopped working in the middle of season 1 of the Logitech Challenge, so I went to my backup wheel that I affectionately call the "Fisher Price" wheel. It came bundled with my old CSL elite base and looks just like the P1 but with rubber surround instead of alcantara. It looks the same, but the rubber is not the only difference. The rubber wheel has always felt like a fragile children's toy where the P1 feels much more solid. I ordered a Clubsport R330 when the paddle shifter stopped working on the P1 as it looked like the P1's were no longer being stocked/sold on the website, and then I got an email that my backordered-R330 was pushed further back.

I pressed-on with the Fisher Price wheel until it failed (physically broke) about a week before my R330 was supposed to arrive, so I decided to see if I could take the two bad wheels I had and make one good one out of them. I had planned on taking the shifter switches from the fisher price wheel and replacing the P1 switches, but they are completely different. The dome-on-PCB-traces switches of the P1 are a strange approach to a switch. The domes aren't even soldered to the PCB. I assume it's because there's no contact point that doesn't have *some* motion. The domes are held in place with a small sort-of-sticky plastic sheet. I ended up cleaning the contacts with some MAF sensor cleaner from the garage and the P1 worked for days without issue before I installed the new R330. (I guess I have a new back-up wheel)

The R330 is a nice unit and feels even sturdier than the P1. The "Funky Switch" will take some getting used to as it's difficult to "press" it without also making some other input. -And pressing it in is the only "enter" function as far as I can tell. Both the P1 and the Fisher Price wheel have a single, easy to find blind (I'm in VR) XboX button that serves as the "enter". I remapped the "pause" function to the clockwise rotation function of the switch so that my most common "pause", "down", "enter" routine is all done from that single switch. Holding it with two fingers and my thumb (which happens anyway when I rotate it for "pause") seems to make my inputs more accurate so I don't get many unintentional inputs now.

I also found a way to help me find my way around the button clusters (without needing to take off my HMD) by leaving the middle buttons on each cluster with no caps. At stock, I found myself fumbling around the outer part of an individual cluster to figure out which part I was dealing with before pressing a button. Now I know what's what pretty quickly.

Oh, and the P1's are back in stock and a lot cheaper than the R330 w/universal hub. I'm keeping my R330 because I like the modularity of it. But while it is noticeably nicer than the P1, I don't feel its better-enough to cover the price difference. The P1 is a much better value IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200730_075341ss.jpg  

20200804_160722ss.jpg  

20200804_163647ss.jpg  

20200730_113212ss.jpg  

20200803_155319ss.jpg  

20200804_161141ss.jpg  

Last edited by Twinz; 04-08-2020 at 21:51.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, PostBox981, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by freeon View Post
    Ah so your saying that it was a pre order as well? I thought you meant it was already on sale in the US but not Europe. The customs invoice I was expecting. There is post on Reddit and from what they are saying prices in Canada will likely be over $1,000.00 when it does come available since HP will not be selling them and it will be a third party. If that's true it would still be cheaper to get from us and pay the import fee's. Will hold of for few weeks to see if there's any more information that comes out for Canadian sales or pre orders.
    I don´t want to sound like an advertisement - anyway... Big Apple Buddy is a company in the US that exports almost whatever you want from the US to other countries. As Samsung didn´t sell the Odyssey+ in Germany, I contacted BAB when the Odyssey was on sale in the US. I had to pay in advance of course, so yes, it was some kind of "preorder".
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, with 1+ hrs of racing time, including pit stops, fuel consumption and tyre wear, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I sincerely hope you and the others here will have fun with it.
    I never get along with simcade games myself, and this is the definition of simcade to me. A simulation capable game engine that is dumped down for arcade (read:easy to jump in and have fun) gameplay purposes.

Personally I decided I won't be joining the purchase parade in this thread as I don't plan to throw money at a bellend of a game nor will I purchase any games of the company in the future.
    Also I am still on the fence if I will further support my FFB file for Project CARS 2, and haven't felt like booting the game ever since the first bits of Project CARS 3 information poored out.

I just decided to come back today and log back in because this community is absolutely awesome and me being away for so long scared some of you. It wasn't Corona but Project CARS 3 that made me decided to take a step back because otherwise I would say things that would force a ban.

That said... the new Flight Simulator Premium Edition on the other hand seems much more interesting to me to throw my money at. So close to buying a boxed copy of the premium edition, yet there are still other things I want too and 129 euro is quite a chunk out of the old wallet.
    We agree Not something that has always happened but isnt that part of life We cant always agree and thats what makes life so wonderful ! Glad your well (as well as can be) , I like the "bellend" reference

Have you spent anytime on AMS 2 FFB ? There is some pretty wild things happening on the custom FFB files over at Reiza forum . Again not something i will personally use for speed but certainly a totally different (not bad) direction than ive ever felt in a Sim and making me second think my approach for what FFB should feel like .
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27" triples 5760x1080/Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod/CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    My P1 wheel's downshift paddle stopped working in the middle of season 1 of the Logitech Challenge, so I went to my backup wheel that I affectionately call the "Fisher Price" wheel. It came bundled with my old CSL elite base and looks just like the P1 but with rubber surround instead of alcantara. It looks the same, but the rubber is not the only difference. The rubber wheel has always felt like a fragile children's toy where the P1 feels much more solid. I ordered a Clubsport R330 when the paddle shifter stopped working on the P1 as it looked like the P1's were no longer being stocked/sold on the website, and then I got an email that my backordered-R330 was pushed further back.

I pressed-on with the Fisher Price wheel until it failed (physically broke) about a week before my R330 was supposed to arrive, so I decided to see if I could take the two bad wheels I had and make one good one out of them. I had planned on taking the shifter switches from the fisher price wheel and replacing the P1 switches, but they are completely different. The dome-on-PCB-traces switches of the P1 are a strange approach to a switch. The domes aren't even soldered to the PCB. I assume it's because there's no contact point that doesn't have *some* motion. The domes are held in place with a small sort-of-sticky plastic sheet. I ended up cleaning the contacts with some MAF sensor cleaner from the garage and the P1 worked for days without issue before I installed the new R330. (I guess I have a new back-up wheel)

The R330 is a nice unit and feels even sturdier than the P1. The "Funky Switch" will take some getting used to as it's difficult to "press" it without also making some other input. -And pressing it in is the only "enter" function as far as I can tell. Both the P1 and the Fisher Price wheel have a single, easy to find blind (I'm in VR) XboX button that serves as the "enter". I remapped the "pause" function to the clockwise rotation function of the switch so that my most common "pause", "down", "enter" routine is all done from that single switch. Holding it with two fingers and my thumb (which happens anyway when I rotate it for "pause") seems to make my inputs more accurate so I don't get many unintentional inputs now.

I also found a way to help me find my way around the button clusters (without needing to take off my HMD) by leaving the middle buttons on each cluster with no caps. At stock, I found myself fumbling around the outer part of an individual cluster to figure out which part I was dealing with before pressing a button. Now I know what's what pretty quickly.

Oh, and the P1's are back in stock and a lot cheaper than the R330 w/universal hub. I'm keeping my R330 because I like the modularity of it. But while it is noticeably nicer than the P1, I don't feel its better-enough to cover the price difference. The P1 is a much better value IMO.
    Those dome switches are the reason the McLaren wheel failed ! I hope the snapdome company has had the time and money to do more/better R&D after the dealing with Fanatec if that didnt bankruptcy them !
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27" triples 5760x1080/Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod/CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Twinz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    We agree Not something that has always happened but isnt that part of life We cant always agree and thats what makes life so wonderful ! Glad your well (as well as can be) , I like the "bellend" reference

Have you spent anytime on AMS 2 FFB ? There is some pretty wild things happening on the custom FFB files over at Reiza forum . Again not something i will personally use for speed but certainly a totally different (not bad) direction than ive ever felt in a Sim and making me second think my approach for what FFB should feel like .
    Any idea what a good Custom FFB file is for AMS2. I noticed several versions / types but I really don’t know which one to prefer.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilGlockner View Post
    Ditto...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, Olijke Poffer, Tank621, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Any idea what a good Custom FFB file is for AMS2. I noticed several versions / types but I really don’t know which one to prefer.
    I still prefer default but needed to reduce (recip_force ( / 0.7 max_overall_force)) for some open wheelers and swap between default and custom depending on car. In my search for this found some pretty different to what im used to and i think you will need to test them for yourself . They only take a minute or less to change .
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post

Lol... yeah, we sometimes have to agree to disagree. Albeit that I came around to actually liking ACC FFB more then pC2 with my adaptations to FFB. Working closely with a former Formula driver teaches you how it truly should feel in these beasts.
    This was prior to the Project CARS 3 announcement by the way, so it is not that me becoming pissy influenced that sentiment on FFB.

I haven't touched any racing game in at least 2 months if not longer. So I am sure AMS2 has improved but I can't really say anything about it. The last time was when they said in the pre-release update notes that FFB would be final. Yet I did not like it at the time.

As for my own files for pC2 I had some ideas still but I am not feeling it.

Aside from that I am working hard to getting a job and really close. In fact I am expecting a return call soon.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v2.3 (date: 12-09-2020)): https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...ure-ffb.35670/

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Lol... yeah, we sometimes have to agree to disagree. Albeit that I came around to actually liking ACC FFB more then pC2 with my adaptations to FFB. Working closely with a former Formula driver teaches you how it truly should feel in these beasts.
    This was prior to the Project CARS 3 announcement by the way, so it is not that me becoming pissy influenced that sentiment on FFB.

I haven't touched any racing game in at least 2 months if not longer. So I am sure AMS2 has improved but I can't really say anything about it. The last time was when they said in the pre-release update notes that FFB would be final. Yet I did not like it at the time.

As for my own files for pC2 I had some ideas still but I am not feeling it.

Aside from that I am working hard to getting a job and really close. In fact I am expecting a return call soon.

Looks like you did a good job with taking a break on simracing. You sound very down if I may say.
    Anyway, good luck with finding a new job. I hope for you it works out very well.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    The best part of your post. I´ll keep fingers crossed.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, with 1+ hrs of racing time, including pit stops, fuel consumption and tyre wear, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, cpcdem