Page 436 of 437 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 4364

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but, I will share.

Today I got a shipping notification that my purchase is 'on the way'.
    Honestly, I didn't remember what I bought.
    Seems that I purchased the new Samsung Odyssey G9, which was on sale here for about 35% off. A limited offer from a website I check often because they have these sort of deals every now and then and you need to be quick because there's usually only a few items available, and when gone, the offer is over.

The story, apparently I purchased it on January 1st, at approx 2am. I imagine you can all appreciate that particular time. Where, to be honest, there were some other activities of the previous day that *might* have limited my decision making abilities and related memory......

So, it arrives tomorrow, and I guess I have a CRG9 for sale now....

Not sure if to be proud of myself, or disturbed........
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 6 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, Sankyo, Zulu

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    An OBD II dial to monitor the temps and some other parameters in my car:

https://www.ourvouge.com/products/20...ead-up-display
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, bporion, pippinfort

Platform
    PC
    Well to complement my previous purchase I found another nice deal, this time on a Kef Kube 8b subwoofer. So now the bass goes all the way down and my desktop set-up is now a full-blown semi-audiophile audio set-up

CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bporion, John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer, pippinfort, PostBox981, Silraed

Platform
    PC
    Just Bought these taking my rig from 16 GB of ram with 2 8GB XPG DDR4 2400 MHZ ram sticks to 32 GB ram with 4 8Gb XPG DDR4 3200 MHZ ram sticks

XPG Z1 DDR4 3200MHz (PC4 25600) 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin CL16-20-20 Memory Modules, Red (AX4U320038G16A-DRZ1)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81XfLlc+pIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	283595
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Been waiting 5 months for this day. Pre-ordered August 7th. Hope it was worth the wait.

Name:	G2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	283596

Name:	G2(2).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	283597
    I7-7700K/RTX 3080/Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB DDR4 DRAM/Gigabyte LGA1151 Crossfire DDR4 Motherboard/ADATA Premium Pro 256 GB SATA SSHD/Deep Cool TX Mid Tower Tesseract/
    Reverb G2
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, bporion, John Hargreaves, MrTulip, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, Robert, Twinz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    After installation of the G9 I can say:
    - it was nice that it mounted exactly as my CRG9, and really did not need any adjustment of the mount (which is good, since having a monitor direct mounted to the P1X is a bit of a pain to adjust considering the weight).
    - Did all the firmware updates and etc, so now things seem to be working OK. But this is a very neccessary thing to get it working as expected and takes several steps. Haven't yet done any driving, but hopefully this weekend.
    - One observation> When looking at it from the side or an angle, the magnitude of the curve is very apparent. To the point that I have to be a bit cautious when entering/exiting the rig due to the proximity of the edge of the monitor. However..... when seated it does not seem so different, actually. I honestly believe this has to do with the curve of the monitor just being more natural when you turn your head left/right. With the CRG9 (1800R), I suspect there was just the adjustment/focus of your eyes for a slightly larger distance to the edges. With the G9 (1000R), this somehow seems easier. No science, just assumption and first impression.

Not sure I like the white back, but I will see if I can decorate that up with some decals with the vinyl printer. I'm thinking of a nice 'Ferrari' decal across the top/back. If you have other suggestions, would be glad to hear. The back is so glossy/smooth, it's calling out for some sort of decal treatment.

One thing that I'm missing vs. the CRG9, is that there is only 2 USB ports (CRG9 had 4). I will manage, but it will mean I have to swap connections a bit to convert to using flight inputs (Warthog stick and throttle). Which is not a big deal, but likely I will get another 7 port hub to put somewhere.

In case anyone is in Europe and looking for a CRG9, let me know. I'll be listing it on my local buy/sell sight, for a 'reasonable' price that will make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but, I will share.

Today I got a shipping notification that my purchase is 'on the way'.
    Honestly, I didn't remember what I bought.
    Seems that I purchased the new Samsung Odyssey G9, which was on sale here for about 35% off. A limited offer from a website I check often because they have these sort of deals every now and then and you need to be quick because there's usually only a few items available, and when gone, the offer is over.

The story, apparently I purchased it on January 1st, at approx 2am. I imagine you can all appreciate that particular time. Where, to be honest, there were some other activities of the previous day that *might* have limited my decision making abilities and related memory......

So, it arrives tomorrow, and I guess I have a CRG9 for sale now....

Not sure if to be proud of myself, or disturbed........
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    After installation of the G9 I can say:
    One thing that I'm missing vs. the CRG9, is that there is only 2 USB ports (CRG9 had 4). I will manage, but it will mean I have to swap connections a bit to convert to using flight inputs (Warthog stick and throttle). Which is not a big deal, but likely I will get another 7 port hub to put somewhere.
    just get a usb Hub that should work i would think there are several ones out there of different sizes i like Sabrent USB hubs myself you can find them on amazon there are even ones that have 16 usb 3.0 ports
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC

Finally

I managed to get an order in during last week's Best Buy drop and picked it up today.

Name:	20210112_231329.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	283627
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210112_231357.jpg  

Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 10 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, BigDad, bporion, cluck, EmilGlockner, John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, Zulu

Platform
    PC
    Update on my ramsticks cant use them yet because my Ibuypower asrock motherboard wont accept them me and my computer buddy think it has to do with Ibuypower's ROM so i will have to wait until i can get a new mother board and while im at it going to throw in a 1000w Evga power supply to get ready for when the 40 series graphics cards come out

Platform
    PC
    I've found a good deal to upgrade my i7 8700k to an i9 9900KF and couldn't resist...

Name:	61990A1F-0EA1-4889-9141-7C41F8DC5173.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	283628

The good: two aditional cores.
    The bad: last time I can upgrade with my current motherboard.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-01-2021 at 14:36.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, cluck, cpcdem, EmilGlockner, Konan, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, Twinz