Page 413 of 415 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415 LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4141

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Thanks... I picked that tip up watching SRG also

It arrived Wednesday

Pros:So far Putting It together it feels Super Solid.

Cons: I ordered the Seat Rails and Pedal Deck but Not the seat or Pedal Deck Sliders... I have a Few Sets... Nothing Fits!!! The Pedal Deck plate won't even Line up to bolt to the 80/20 P1X Pedal Deck

The P1X Pedal Deck while it its Beefy and Feels Rock Solid its just too unruly and Difficult to Adjust it <-- TBH I dont see how its considered a upgrade... Once you lock it down your Stuck in 1 postion and cant Make Pedal adjustments.

What going on is it that Only SimLabs Seat and Pedal Sliders work with their Product???

I dont understand why the seat wont fit? Should just bolt the sliders to the bottom of the seat and line up the rails with them.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    In case any way helpful. Here are mine. With few comments

- I have the pedal deck pretty much flat. Of course, that's personal, but other pedals (ie. CSPv3) have a strong rake backwards, and when I install those, I tilt the pedal deck upwards. But for the HE Ultimates, I find that flat works well for me.
    - I have them mounted direct to the wide piece on the pedal deck. I personally see zero need for a pedal mounting plate. I have the HE pedal plate and honestly think it's mostly useless. If you need the constant ability to move the pedals forward/back with a slider, OK, I understand. But I have not really understood the need for that. Personal choice is of course understood.
    - the board in front of the pedals is actually an IKEA bamboo cutting board. Covered with matt black vinyl. I have it mounted to the second piece of the pedal deck with some slices of EVA foam sandwiched underneath it. The BK mini is mounted underneath, and although it's quite solid, the EVA foam pieces allow the entire pedal deck to vibrate from the BK mini. All respect to those that prefer the direct mount to the 80/20 profile, however I find this works well for me and gives a good vibration to my feet while they are resting on the board. It also helps to prevent too many vibrations going through the rest of the rig, which for me is important because I have my monitor direct mounted to the uprights..... and it's amazing how the vibrations can go to the monitor when things are too rigid.

Enjoy your new rig. Hopefully you find the right adjustments.

(last edit.... the blue block at the top right is actually a yoga block. One on each corner, and quite cheap. I found it's just the right height to hold the rig just off the floor and limit vibrations for that go to the floor. PIA to remove when you want to roll it around on the castors, but works quite well to stop the vibrations to the floor)

Attachment 282630
    Aaaaw Man I worked All week... So I Must have Been/ Must Be Tired!!! The Wife is Retired and walked in and said Do this Do that and the Pedal plate Fits Now

It Didn't work for Me Like it did In Barry's SRG Video... I had to Tighten up the Rear of the Rig 1st so it woud stay steady and the Pedal Deck went in No Prob... Its still a Pain in the Arse to Adjust it though... Now I have Pedal Deck and Tray Mounted I tested it out and as you said once you get it Dialed in No Need to adjust pedals any Further --> With Rseat RS1 and N1 This wasn't the case because the seating position was Never Optimal for Me --> P1X I can Have seat Bottom Very Low which Gives Leg Thigh Support and adjusted the Pedals and its Very Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I dont understand why the seat wont fit? Should just bolt the sliders to the bottom of the seat and line up the rails with them.
    The Buttkicker Mounting Solution didn't work --->.The Round Edges of the Pipe Flange wouldnt allow seat rail to Slide all the way to the edge --> Prob 1in per side so I was 2in Short total --> Also the Seat Brackets I got from Sim Lab are Arched Inward instead of Straight up and down <-- This Make them poke inward 1 in more than Needed per side

I think I have it all Sorted Now just working on Finishing touches.

Its My 1st 80/20 Build so it was a bit wonky for Me.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 21-10-2020 at 15:34.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: ROG Strix Z490-E | CPU: i9-10900k | Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: ROG Thor 850w | Storage:1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 4TB HD + 1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display:Samsung Q90T 55in / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, Pedals: Heusinkveld Ultimate , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, PBME w/APM, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 4x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Power Tools Win
    I cut and Sanded Smooth the Round edge Off Both sides of the Pipe Flange(See pic ---> Pic 2 & 3 are after the Cut) ... Nope Still won't sit under the seat the Buttkicker Head is too Big and Hits the Side Wall of the Rig... In any case I will Mount them on the Back Edge of the Rig behind the seat and they Look Nice and Neat Now without the 2 round edges hanging off that i didn't Need. Cut Nice Tidy and Neat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201017_011003.jpg  

20201018_020512.jpg  

16030017182746841490540017863852.jpg  

OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: ROG Strix Z490-E | CPU: i9-10900k | Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: ROG Thor 850w | Storage:1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 4TB HD + 1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display:Samsung Q90T 55in / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, Pedals: Heusinkveld Ultimate , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, PBME w/APM, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 4x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    if you mount casters under your rig you have more space under the seat and be able to move the rig when your wife comes with the vacuum cleaner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollen.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	282656
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM 599xx, TS-PC Rim | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Haiden, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Just bought this m240i for the wife. It's a great car

Name:	IMG_4691.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	282657
    i7-8700K | RTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4 | Asus Maximus Hero | Custom Cooling Loop | 1 TB Samsung 970 NVMe | PSU 850W | Windows 10 Pro
    Fanatec DD2 Base V3 Pedals | HTC Vive Pro | GT Omega Pro | (2) NU1000DSP | (4) Buttkicker mini LFE | SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyPaws73 View Post
    Just bought this m240i for the wife. It's a great car

Name:	IMG_4691.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	282657
    ...and a great wife too, I assume.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, with 1+ hrs of racing time, including pit stops, fuel consumption and tyre wear, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    You should lay some asphalt on that floor for extra realism and immersion
    I'm looking at the different team garages in F1 for inspiration. Gonna redo the door, so it looks like you're stepping into a restricted team testing area.

Walls are going up this week. Side windows are being walled over, too, so it's going to look pretty different. Decorating it is the hard part. So many options.
    Last edited by Haiden; 19-10-2020 at 15:55.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, John Hargreaves, Konan, morpwr, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    upgrading from my Logitech F710 game pad to a Sony DS4 Game pad x2 via DS4Windows program and a charging dock for the two controllers

and before any of you say anything about a wheel i have one it along with my race rig are in storage

when my mom passed away i had to move out quick and into an extended stay hotel rig wouldnt fit so gaming pc and monitor came everything else went into storage

and im doing better on pc2 with a controller then i ever did with a wheel

Name:	61h-4NDgpNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	282694

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	282695

Name:	71Bf9g28CaL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	282696
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, LucasMcCain, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    P1X finally Done.

I like it*...The 100% Adjustability is a Huge +... I can adjust it to the MM to personal taste...Its also a space saver its about 16in shorter than the RSeat N1 and I lost No Leg Room!!! I'm 6'1, 220lbs and I still have Much more space than I need...I Love how much space is in the Pedal area and i was able to add a Dead Pedal foot rest!!! for Me that makes a Huge difference in leg comfort for when Not using the clutch<-- I like that upgrade alot

As is always said about 80/20 Rigs it is Very Ridged with Little to No Flex... I notice the extra ridgidity of the P1X mostly in the Pedals... The HE Ultimates Brake Pedal is Very Stiff but it feels Lighter now because the Pedal Deck has No Flex at all so every bit of brake pedal push has a direct effect... I also Notice it when using the Shifter --> It feels very Snappy Now and I can feel the thud of the shifter reverberate through the rig.... The wheel Deck I know is more ridged but I never had a Notable issue with excessive flex with the N1 or RS1.

Buttkicker placement seems to be more Critical with the P1X as it does Not reverberate the Vibrations as well as Rseat N1 or RS1 steel rigs.... Ex: I had to move the Buttkickers to the Side Rail of the Rig instead of the very Back Rail because too Much Tactile feel was lost---> Once I put them on the side Rail Next to the seat support brackets the Buttkicker feel is the same as it was with the N1.

Biggest Pro for Me is Its Much more Comfortable than the N1 and it didn't take long to find My ideal driving position... As it was mentioned there is No Need to put seat or pedal sliders on it because once you find your sweet spot you hardly ever move stuff--> I already ordered seat and pedal sliders but probably won't put them on until I start adding extra stuff to it... Seems its super easy to customize--> I was able to use My same side desk from the N1 just by adding L Brackets to the underside and it bolted right in with the regular T Nuts. .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201020_060528.jpg  

20201019_173816.jpg  

20201019_172901.jpg  

20201018_190242.jpg  

Last edited by GrimeyDog; 20-10-2020 at 14:13.
    The following 10 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, bporion, GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan, LucasMcCain, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, satco1066, Zulu

Platform
    PC
    My hunt for nice hardcover editions of iconic books continues.
    This time I grabbed the latest Deluxe Edition of Dune.

Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 5 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, GTsimms, Konan, LucasMcCain, Olijke Poffer