Page 401 of 415 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4142

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    When I first got mine, I was shocked how much force the brake needs, even with the softer settings. But then I got used to it and they really are fantastic. It's pedals like this though, where you realize a hard-shell seat and rock solid mounting overall makes a big difference when it comes to getting good brake pressure.

I reinstalled my CSPv3s a while ago, because I was using PS4 for a while with friends. You really understand the difference in feel, when you go backwards. I even have them with the hardest settings (brake performance kit), and after reinstalling, they just felt 'soft'........ The CSPv3 are still good, but when you try to go back to them after running the HE Ultimates for a while....... it seems like a different world (at least for me). Now I've been using the CSPv3s for a few months, and will soon change back to the HE Ultimates..... I will be surprised again.

Hope you enjoy them.
    Im liking the HE Ultimates more and more every hour I use them... at 1st I was a bit put off by the super Stiff brake pedal but I adjusted to it Quickly.... I find Now that it allows Me to be more Consistent/Accurate with My braking.

One of the Biggest perks of the HE Ultimates for Me is the amount of Individual pedal adjustment -->Left/Right, Forward, Backwards and Pedal angle --> this allowed Me to find My Optimal Driving position without Sacrifice... Once I did this the Brake pedal even though its still Uber Hard Doesn't feel soo hard any more because My Foot is in the perfect Spot to Apply Maximum Pressure with Minimal Effort.

Once I went to V3i pedals I Never really believed the Higher end pedals made a huge difference... I Now know that I thought and believed wrong
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 01-10-2020 at 13:22.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: ROG Strix Z490-E | CPU: i9-10900k | Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: ROG Thor 850w | Storage:1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 4TB HD + 1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display:Samsung Q90T 55in / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, Pedals: Heusinkveld Ultimate , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, PBME w/APM, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 4x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, morpwr, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Im liking the HE Ultimates more and more every hour I use them... at 1st I was a bit put off by the super Stiff brake pedal but I adjusted to it Quickly.... I find Now that it allows Me to be more Consistent/Accurate with My braking.

One of the Biggest perks of the HE Ultimates for Me is the amount of Individual pedal adjustment --> Forward, Backwards and Pedal angle --> this allowed Me to find My Optimal Driving position without Sacrifice... Once I did this the Brake pedal even though its still Uber Hard Doesn't feel soo hard any more because My Foot is in the perfect Spot to Apply Maximum Pressure with Minimal Effort.

Once I went to V3i pedals I Never really believed the Higher end pedals made a huge difference... I Now that I believed wrong
    I don’t wanna hear...... Never thought I would think about buying a DD wheel. Never thought I would think about buying HighEnd pedals but when I constantly read about how great it is, I almost cannot resit it any longer. I NEED a DD wheel and HighEnd pedals, a motion Rig, a new GFX card, new VR set and 92hours in 1 day, ow and just planted a money tree.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, GrimeyDog, GTsimms, John Hargreaves, morpwr, PostBox981, satco1066

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I donít wanna hear...... Never thought I would think about buying a DD wheel. Never thought I would think about buying HighEnd pedals but when I constantly read about how great it is, I almost cannot resit it any longer. I NEED a DD wheel and HighEnd pedals, a motion Rig, a new GFX card, new VR set and 92hours in 1 day, ow and just planted a money tree.
    I know the feeling. As most people say, it won't really make you much faster. But there is a real joy that comes from having this sort of equipment. And throw in a solid rig like the P1X to that category as well. When you step up to the DD and HE Ultimates, of course you think it's better, but in reality its not really so obvious (I think a lot of it is mind games to justify the $ spent.....).

But, then, if you try to go back, THAT's where you really realize the difference. Personal opinion.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I know the feeling. As most people say, it won't really make you much faster. But there is a real joy that comes from having this sort of equipment. And throw in a solid rig like the P1X to that category as well. When you step up to the DD and HE Ultimates, of course you think it's better, but in reality its not really so obvious (I think a lot of it is mind games to justify the $ spent.....).

But, then, if you try to go back, THAT's where you really realize the difference. Personal opinion.
    Exactly!!! I thought I would Never Consider Going to a PX1 rig once I got the RSeat N1 --> But I find Myself looking at them more and more Now days and again I don't think it will be sooo much better because the RSeat RS1 I had and Now the RSeat N1 are very solid Rigs---> But then again what do I know What I know is after feeling for Myself the Pedals making such a Huge Difference I know I cant trust what I think I know

Best Guess My Vote is 80/20 Rig in 2021 for the Win

Olijke Poffer Yup i thought I didn't Need a DD wheel either when I was using a v2.5 and again once I used the DD2 for 1 hour!!! I knew there was No way to go back to the v2.5!!!

Hate to Tell you but( Best Advice Stop Reading from here) Bottom line you Need a DD
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: ROG Strix Z490-E | CPU: i9-10900k | Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: ROG Thor 850w | Storage:1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 4TB HD + 1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display:Samsung Q90T 55in / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, Pedals: Heusinkveld Ultimate , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, PBME w/APM, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 4x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, but I own an rSeat and notice they didn't improve the construction much with the N1 over my old RS Evo.
    They still use the same soft steel material with the same thickness for the pedal and wheel construction with some mounting improvement for the pedal plate but zero improvement of the wheel mount.

Going to a Sim-Lab P1X.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Sorry, but I own an rSeat and notice they didn't improve the construction much with the N1 over my old RS Evo.
    They still use the same soft steel material with the same thickness for the pedal and wheel construction with some mounting improvement for the pedal plate but zero improvement of the wheel mount.

Going to a Sim-Lab P1X.
    As I mentioned in the post your responding to I Owned Both RSeat RS1 and N1... I have a Few Hundred hours using both Rigs...For Me I Find that they are very sturdy Rigs with Minimal to No Flex when used Normally.. Sure I/You/We All can make a Rig Flex when we Pull and Push on it in ways it us Not designed to be used

The Pedal Tray on the RS1 has Some Flex when used with CSP Pedals but Not enough for Me to complain about How ever I dint think the RS1 Pedal Tray would hold up well with the HE Ultimate Pedals.... The N1 pedal deck is stronger than the RS1 pedal deck and it copes with the HE Ultimates very well.

The Wheel Deck Mounts on the RS1 and N1 are Totally Different... I didn't get any Flex using with the V2.5 In either Rig During Normal Driving even with v2.5 FFB set to 100%.
    The N1 with the DD2 under Normal Driving with High FFB I dont have any Notable wheel deck Flex Either.

Question??? Have you ever Drilled into either Rig??? I have and I can Tell you You better Have a Good Drill Bit because the Metal is Not Cheap Steal... Its very Solid and its Thick.

I was Modding the RS1 and I was able to Weld a Custom bracket on it --> Not only did the RS1 Metal take the Weld Cleanly due to the Quality of Steel used the Metal Did Not Warp Either Due to the Heat!!!

But as I said I only know what I know...I have No Personal knowledge or time Spent in a 80/20 Rig so I really Don't know exactly how much more Ridged they could be or are.

But My Best Guess is I will find out because I'm thinking...as My upgrade path continues I'm voting Sim Lab P1X for the Win in 2021
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 01-10-2020 at 15:03.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sure I/You/We All can make a Rig Flex when we Pull and Push on it in ways it us Not designed to be used
    Not the P1X. You will find more flex in the pedal itself, than you will in the pedal mount of the P1X.
    I have to stand on mine to reach where I have my PC (on a shelf). It's not moving one mm.

For the wheel deck (the basic one which is alum plate and wheel is mounted on top), there is a bit of flex. Minimal though. Not relevant.

I've bought a lot of sim gear over the years. Usually upgrading. This has been the stupidest thing I ever did. It is far smarter to buy one thing at a time, but whatever you buy, get the best. (assuming you're not dabbling in the hobby and just trying it out...)
    Everyone says (correctly) that good pedals make the biggest difference.
    However, now that I have the P1X, I wish I would have just got that the very first thing. Even with a mid-level wheel, having that platform to build upon could be a one-time buy and never need another upgrade. Once you have it, and realize how you can adjust it, and add pieces or mounts as you need..... it's another world compared to other 'high end' rigs.
    Last edited by Atak Kat; 01-10-2020 at 15:34.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    I really like my cockpit from Simlab. No flex at all. Great stuff and adjustable to suit your needs.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    As I mentioned in the post your responding to I Owned Both RSeat RS1 and N1... I have a Few Hundred hours using both Rigs...For Me I Find that they are very sturdy Rigs with Minimal to No Flex when used Normally.. Sure I/You/We All can make a Rig Flex when we Pull and Push on it in ways it us Not designed to be used

The Pedal Tray on the RS1 has Some Flex when used with CSP Pedals but Not enough for Me to complain about How ever I dint think the RS1 Pedal Tray would hold up well with the HE Ultimate Pedals.... The N1 pedal deck is stronger than the RS1 pedal deck and it copes with the HE Ultimates very well.

The Wheel Deck Mounts on the RS1 and N1 are Totally Different... I didn't get any Flex using with the V2.5 In either Rig During Normal Driving even with v2.5 FFB set to 100%.
    The N1 with the DD2 under Normal Driving with High FFB I dont have any Notable wheel deck Flex Either.

Question??? Have you ever Drilled into either Rig??? I have and I can Tell you You better Have a Good Drill Bit because the Metal is Not Cheap Steal... Its very Solid and its Thick.

I was Modding the RS1 and I was able to Weld a Custom bracket on it --> Not only did the RS1 Metal take the Weld Cleanly due to the Quality of Steel used the Metal Did Not Warp Either Due to the Heat!!!

But as I said I only know what I know...I have No Personal knowledge or time Spent in a 80/20 Rig so I really Don't know exactly how much more Ridged they could be or are.

But My Best Guess is I will find out because I'm thinking...as My upgrade path continues I'm voting Sim Lab P1X for the Win in 2021

Doh! Did that comment post! I wasn't finished yet. I wanted to say with that last sentence "Going to a Simlab P1X really makes a big difference as it's much more ridgid".
    I ended up laying the phone down to do something and I must've send it. I feel so stupid right now. lol

I drilled into the rSeat and I also know my pedal plate was mounted so strongly via some mods on my end that I ended up tearing the metal instead. So it's decent but not that amazing.

As for an example on how rigid the Simlab rig is. I weight a little over 80 kilograms (so 176-177 pounds ish) these days and I can stand on any part of it including the wheel deck itself without feeling flex under my feet or slippage, and yes I just stood on it again for real to make sure I wasn't lying.
    I often stand on top of the rig to get something off of the cupboard or clean the ceiling fan in the room. Why get a ladder when you already have something solid on wheels that you can just drag into position with ease.

In my humble opinoin, if the rSeat offerings would be a Lada than the Simlab offerings would equal a real tank, both very firm in their own right but one is just a step above the other.

Platform
    PC
    Not the P1X. You will find more flex in the pedal itself, than you will in the pedal mount of the P1X.
    I have to stand on mine to reach where I have my PC (on a shelf). It's not moving one mm.

For the wheel deck (the basic one which is alum plate and wheel is mounted on top), there is a bit of flex. Minimal though. Not relevant.

I've bought a lot of sim gear over the years. Usually upgrading. This has been the stupidest thing I ever did. It is far smarter to buy one thing at a time, but whatever you buy, get the best. (assuming you're not dabbling in the hobby and just trying it out...)
    Everyone says (correctly) that good pedals make the biggest difference.
    However, now that I have the P1X, I wish I would have just got that the very first thing. Even with a mid-level wheel, having that platform to build upon could be a one-time buy and never need another upgrade. Once you have it, and realize how you can adjust it, and add pieces or mounts as you need..... it's another world compared to other 'high end' rigs.
    Totally agree with you on the wasted money. I should have just spent it once instead of small steps 3 times. Now that ive done like you said and bought one good thing at a time i havent bought anything in a while. Well maybe a wheel or two just because i wanted them but ive run out of things to buy a while ago. Which is what allowed me to do the sfx100 motion build and maybe someday ill grab that 1600 dollar shifter.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer