Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,207 of 1207

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    So today I came across this and I had to have it, but first I got to state that this is how I think about modern day television.

So yeah, I got this DVD box set with all 8 seasons of the Sergeant-Major "SHUT UP!" Williams. I just love old humor which isn't political correct for today's frustrated snowflakes who feel offended by everything. Lighten up, chaps! Have a laugh! Laugh about Germans, Muslims, Jews, Gays, Blondes (I am blonde btw, I don't give a darn) and so on. Humor shouldn't be limited even if it's sometimes at your own expense.

Anyway, people nowadays take life too serious. I know i'll have a laugh this weekend and I hope everyone here will have one too. It's good for one's health after all.

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ecstaticbrick, Konan, Olijke Poffer, Tank621

Couple of random records I bought...

This first one I already had but... since it was from my parents it was worn out just 'a little'. No, actually it was just worn to shreds I'd say as it sounded horrible.

Also I wanted to have a record of X-Japan, which I didn't own yet. I am still trying to source the blu-ray of their "The Last Live" concert, sadly that's a bit hard to get (costs 56,000.00 yen or 436.16 euro on Amazon.JP).

Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 15-06-2018 at 19:43.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer

I stand corrected... I did find it, although I got a bit more than I was looking for. I might have to wait for it for a while though as it needs to come from Hongkong of all places. For just US $51.78 dollars (free shipping) though, so it's not crazy expensive like the other one.

X-Japan Blu-Ray Box (Limited Edition)

https://www.discogs.com/X-JAPAN-X-Ja...elease/5943332

Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 15-06-2018 at 20:07.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, PostBox981

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    So today I came across this and I had to have it, but first I got to state that this is how I think about modern day television.
    Thankfully the world has Frakie Boyle, the saving grace of modern comedy

Just do a search of his greatest Mock The Week moments

Anyways old comedies (British of course) like Blackadder and Dad's Army are what I grew up on and I'm only 19, trust me the iconic are not lost on the younger generations, most of us still find them as funny as they were 30, 40 or even 50 years ago

And I say that as someone who probably fits the definition of 'snowflake' better than anyone else on this forum
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Thankfully the world has Frakie Boyle, the saving grace of modern comedy

Just do a search of his greatest Mock The Week moments

Anyways old comedies (British of course) like Blackadder and Dad's Army are what I grew up on and I'm only 19, trust me the iconic are not lost on the younger generations, most of us still find them as funny as they were 30, 40 or even 50 years ago

And I say that as someone who probably fits the definition of 'snowflake' better than anyone else on this forum
    I just did look up Frakie Boyle and it's a step in the direction, but sadly I do find him average because it seems somewhat forced rather than witty. Like he has to be the one to say it because he has to keep up his appearance instead of going with the flow of the humorous atmosphere at the time and making the right remarks. Do you know what I mean?

I base it on this by the way:

That said, glad the good stuff isn't lost to the old folk.

Black adder, Dad's Army, Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, Keeping up Appearances, Red Dwarf... what haven't I seen either. I feel like I am growing old when I say the following classic line but I have to "They just don't make 'em like they used to", or so says the old fart of 32 years of old age.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I just did look up Frakie Boyle and it's a step in the direction, but sadly I do find him average because it seems somewhat forced rather than witty. Like he has to be the one to say it because he has to keep up his appearance instead of going with the flow of the humorous atmosphere at the time and making the right remarks. Do you know what I mean?
    Yeah I think that might be partially down to the 'scenes we'd like to see' segment of Mock The Week which is entirely one liners

But he does do great stand up too

Platform
    XBOX1
    15 entry to pride I'm mad, still though got drunk and had a good time, now I just have to be alive for work tomorrow
    The following user likes this Post: Konan