Page 201 of 211 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2103

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    It's more free in the Netherlands. I could easily swap an E46 M3 engine, suspension, drive-train and brakes into my E46 Compact. The only thing I need to do is have to checked again with a so called "Alteration Examination" by the RDW (RijksDienst voor Wegverkeer (Empire Service for Road-traffic)). In which case the car needs to go through the same safety checks as it did when it first entered the country and got its licenseplate and registration.
    I wish we could do engine swaps here. Basically nothing 95 and newer can have them with OBDII. You can but its not cost prohibitive because it has to be newer then the vehicle its going in and it has to have all of the emissions stuff from the newer donor vehicle. Then you have to get it inspected somehow by the state because the pcm wont match the vehicles vin and I have no idea whats involved with that. Im sure its a giant cluster f*** because everything with New York state is. Our cars get plugged into the OBDII port for inspection so it better match because the state would be at my shop in days if it didn't and id be in deep shit.lol That's why I built a stroker motor for my jeeps 6 cylinder. I can make it bigger I just cant change it. There is a company that makes hemi swaps for the jeep wranglers and the kit is like 30000 dollars(yes I typed that right) because of the emissions b.s. that's involved so its legal. If it wasn't for that I would have dropped a chevrolet ls in my jeep along time ago.lol
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PC
    I remember that they first introduced the mandatory checkups (TV, APK, MOT, etc), and that was fine because there was a lot of junk on the road.
    It is just that safety has gone bananas as I don't think hitting a pedestrian has gotten safer, cause even if the shape of the car improved the weight has increased largely as well with those safety features. So there is more mass impacting the pedestrian. Just compare the first Golf to the latest Golf for instance.

But yeah, safety is a thing as we can't have these things on the road anymore.

Haha that was such a cool tv show. In the end it was good they made the APK mandatory.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Haha that was such a cool tv show. In the end it was good they made the APK mandatory.
    Indeed, my dad saw something similar happen once when he looked our of his office window. It was pretty bad in the old days, and the more prominent rust gremlins back then didn't help either.

The Germans also had a program in the past that would show car annoyances with relatively new cars at the time. Which is quite contrary to the TV of today where only they can do is sell a car instead of pointing at issues that companies should fix.

This is an episode.

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Sometimes it's all about those small details.
    I got myself a set of original, audi branded valve caps.
    They cost like jewels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190112_132122.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	263468 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190112_132135.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	263469
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bporion, Christiaan van Beilen, John Hargreaves, Konan, morpwr, PostBox981

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    Sometimes it's all about those small details.
    I got myself a set of original, audi branded valve caps.
    They cost like jewels.
    I just looked for my car. The BMW ones cost 19,51 euro for a set of 4 caps.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I just looked for my car. The BMW ones cost 19,51 euro for a set of 4 caps.
    Positive thing is you won't have to remove the wheels to fit them...
    Now i don't know how it is in other countries but over here you would have to remove them every time you leave the car unattended or they would be stolen in a second...(talking from experience)
    Last edited by Konan; 13-01-2019 at 06:10.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Positive thing is you won't have to remove the wheels to fit them...
    Now i don't know how it is in other countries but over here you would have to remove them every time you leave the car unattended or they would be stolen in a second...(talking from experience)
    No one stole my valve caps so far... Is this really a thing in Belgium?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Yep...there was even a period that VW and Mercedes logo's weren't safe...was a big thing wearing them around your neck back in the day
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    PC
    We've had that here too. Although they mostly stole the Mercedes stars. I don't remember anyone proudly carrying a VW emblem around their neck or have it dangling from their backpacks.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    I had my Skull valve caps stolen from my (revoltingly yellow) Pontiac Firebird within one day, ages ago. So it was a thing in Germany.
    If you know that it is there you can see it in on the rear wheel:

I somehow forgot to take a proper picture, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Yep...there was even a period that VW and Mercedes logo's weren't safe...was a big thing wearing them around your neck back in the day
    Why? :P
    [Specs | ASUS Z370-H | i7-8700K @ 3,7 GHz | BeQuiet PureRock 150W TDP| C:\Samsung NVMe SSD 250GB (960 series) | D:\Samsung SSD 500GB (860 Series) |
    2x Crucial 8GB RAM (2133MHz DDR4) | Win10x64Pro |Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Ti 8GB | Thermaltake SmartSE 630W PSU | Logitech G27 (+Logitech Profiler)]
    [Settings | Tire model: default | Driving model: pro | Setup: default | Controller: wheel | Camera: in car | Driving Aids: authentic (Automatic Clutch: on)]

Project CARS LIMITED EDITION | Project CARS 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION | crank it up a tad | Free umlauts for everyone: | One of the 5% | Proud Member of the Olympic Synchronized ALTWS*-Team *Accidentally Leaving the Track Wildly Spinning
    The following user likes this Post: Franco Ferrari