Page 282 of 310 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3092

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    This just came in today. I'm in awe at the size of this lad.
    That does sound a lot like what she would have said, doesn't it? Good thing that this isn't the 'Look what I just took out of context' thread.
    [Specs | ASUS Z370-H | i7-8700K @ 3,7 GHz | BeQuiet PureRock 150W TDP| C:\Samsung NVMe SSD 250GB (960 series) | D:\Samsung SSD 500GB (860 Series) |
    2x Crucial 8GB RAM (2133MHz DDR4) | Win10x64Pro |Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Ti 8GB | Thermaltake SmartSE 630W PSU | Logitech G27 (+Logitech Profiler)]
    [Settings | Tire model: default | Driving model: pro | Setup: default | Controller: wheel | Camera: in car | Driving Aids: authentic (Automatic Clutch: on)]

Project CARS LIMITED EDITION | Project CARS 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION | crank it up a tad | Free umlauts for everyone: ä ö ü | One of the 5% | Proud Member of the Olympic Synchronized ALTWS*-Team *Accidentally Leaving the Track Wildly Spinning
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, cluck, Konan, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    VR is great indeed but I also do like my triple setup. I’m very curious what you think about the HP.
    Once I make up my mind about it, I´m gonna post it in the VR thread.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Been running the NH-D14 for almost a decade now and it hasn't missed a beat, and it's more pleasant (and silent) to the ear than those annoying water pumps (at least of the Corsair H100 I tried back in the day).
    I had an H100i. The pump failed, which (for the most part) got me off of the watercooling hype.

Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    While slowly scrolling down, I first thought you bought a skyscraper.
    Ever seen one of these in person? Donald Trump wishes his tower was as big as this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    New radiator for your car?
    It's for the BMW M8.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I had an H100i. The pump failed, which (for the most part) got me off of the watercooling hype.
    Yeah, I think mine was the H100i too. They were just in the stores back then.
    My pump was still fine but the hum it had was seriously annoying. Just like an aquarium pump, and I don't know if it maybe resonated with something in the case but it was quite an irritating noise yet not so much loud. The woosh of fans displacing and cutting through air, especially bigger fans, is far more pleasant to hear. Besides water cooling is just air cooling plus the noise of that annoying pump.
    So yeah, I quickly thought that if this is the noise of water... no thank you. Thus I bought the Noctua and never looked back, especially since it is a lot quieter now and it worked without a single hickup all these years. Not to mention that Noctua support and after sales service (like free mounting brackets) is just top notch.
    So for anyone who doesn't mind the Noctua color as they don't care about the RGB hype, than in that case Noctua is a no-brainer.

Besides, I am an old IT guy that is still of the opinion that water and electricity should never mix. So as leaks are always possible with any water loop... whether this is your central heating, your car's cooling or the cooling in your PC... I just do not trust it. Especially not with an expensive Nvidia graphics card in there.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Besides, I am an old IT guy that is still of the opinion that water and electricity should never mix. So as leaks are always possible with any water loop... whether this is your central heating, your car's cooling or the cooling in your PC... I just do not trust it. Especially not with an expensive Nvidia graphics card in there.
    ^^This finally stopped me from changing to watercooling. and as you said: in the end you have fans running, maybe in another place, but still...
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    ok what is a good cooler for my proc? Thanks Christiaan. I never thought of that. Just bought it because I thought it was a good one. LoL It was not cheap either..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    ok what is a good cooler for my proc? Thanks Christiaan. I never thought of that. Just bought it because I thought it was a good one. LoL It was not cheap either..
    You never asked me before or else I would've given you my 10 cents sooner. Sorry mate. Do not get me wrong though, water coolers do perform really well. There is a reason why AMD provided water cooling with one of their processor series (forgot which one), but I just tend to go with common sense.

Than again I do have an uncle who's certified in installing heating and cooling equipment, and he made a water cooled PC back in the late 90s before it became a big thing in the tech world in the early 2000s... already keeping in mind how different materials react to each other and so on because it was his job to work with that stuff.
    It ran fine for I think about 10 years until it started to leak and damaged his PC. I believe he too now goes with conventional cooling as the novelty for him also wore off and it wasn't worth the risk of loss of your components and depending on the case layout and such possibly even loss of data (water leaking into the PSU that is bottom mounted?).

I dunno... just make sure to completely switch off your PC with the switch on the PSU and check for leaks before booting. Although there is always that one time... that one time when you might not look and it just started to leak, naturally that stuff always happens as it never happens when you expect it. lol

That said I do reckon you considered the risks for yourself completely before buying the thing, but if you regret it than buy something else and sell this water cooler on Tweakers.net or something.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    May I add my 2c to watercooling discussions?

Building a custom loop for my setup was the most fun in PC building that I've had in a long time. Mu goal was to get the PC "silent" while PC2'ing,

Choosing radiators, fittings, routing (soft) pipes, inline temperature sensors for in / out temps on each radiator, pump, pump fittings, fans .... there's so much to consider - it's a great "project" if you're into that kind of thing?

Plus, there's the software side. You can really go overboard, setting fan speeds on temperature deltas / room temperatures - all kinds of stuff .... if you're into that kind of thing.

I find building PC's kinda dull these days, it's all got a bit too plug and play. Watercooling added that "I made this" sense of satisfaction that I used to get "back in the day".

Did I achieve my goal? No. But it's pretty close. Nothing a few more rads and fans wouldn't solve ....
    GAME: Asus Rampage V Extreme || Intel® Core™ i7-6850K @ 4.5Ghz CPU / 3.9Ghz Cache || 4x4Gb DDR4-3200 || 1x nVidia GTX1080ti FE || Custom Loop CPU & GPU || Corsair 900D || Oculus Rift || G920
    GAME: Asus Sabertooth X79 || Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 v2 @ 4.5Ghz (100x45)|| 4x4Gb DDR3-2133 || 1x GTX1060 || Corsair H100i GTX || XBox360 Controller
    HTPC: Asus P9X79LE || Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2660 v2 || 4x4Gb DDR3-1866 ECC || 1x GTX1050ti || Noctua NH-D15 || Streacom ST-F12CB

Platform
    PC
    Just bought a WD easystore 4TB external hard drive upgrading from my 2TB one so i have more room on the external for more games in the future
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pippinfort View Post
    I find building PC's kinda dull these days, it's all got a bit too plug and play. Watercooling added that "I made this" sense of satisfaction that I used to get "back in the day".
    I know what you mean. I still remember the disappointment when back in the day (well, VERY much back in the day) I bought my first RAM extension. Open the case, fit in RAM, close case, done. Nothing more to do. Really disappointing.

The following user likes this Post: pippinfort