Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    The F2 is probably my favourite.
    I also have these girls.

Attachment 278568

Attachment 278569

Attachment 278570

And a group shot with the F4 among them.
    Attachment 278571
    Absolutely beautiful, they look fine all together, I see you are a man after my own heart, but I think your collection trumps mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20200317_22_20_12_Pro.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	278617
    I've got a bunch of the ones I lusted after in the 70s and 80s, they really are the pinnacle of that golden age of Japanese precision mechanical engineering, the last of the analogue generation.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Franco Ferrari, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I wish that someone would make a portable digital sensor in the shape of a 35mm film cassette that you can drop into any old film camera and record images. I remember seeing one in development years ago but I don't think it succeeded, but just think what it would mean to breathe life back into these old beauties. When you look through the viewfinder of any old SLR and compare it to most current cameras, it is like seeing a movie on an IMAX screen compared to watching it on a laptop.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I wish that someone would make a portable digital sensor in the shape of a 35mm film cassette that you can drop into any old film camera and record images. I remember seeing one in development years ago but I don't think it succeeded, but just think what it would mean to breathe life back into these old beauties.
    It was in development but was ultimately retired, probably because the sensor was already and expectedly obsolete, after a few years of development.

Also... IMO, using a digital sensor on an "analog" body, defies the purpose of using an analog body in the first place.
    If the goal is to use the lens... then the Nikon F mount is already retrocompatible with most of the lenses (if "Ai") of the F system back to 1959, and you can use them with the modern digital bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    When you look through the viewfinder of any old SLR and compare it to most current cameras, it is like seeing a movie on an IMAX screen compared to watching it on a laptop.
    And that, my friend, is the reason why I will continue to use reflex cameras, being digital or analog, even though the future seems to be all mirrorless.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
    CPU: i7-9700K
    RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + 2x Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Had fun building them. Now time to mount them to the rig and take them for a spin.

Name:	IMG_6533.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	278688

Name:	IMG_6534.jpg 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	278689

Name:	IMG_6562.jpg 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	278690

Name:	IMG_6547.jpg 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	278691
    I7-7700K/GTX 1080/Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB DDR4 DRAM/Gigabyte LGA1151 Crossfire DDR4 Motherboard/ADATA Premium Pro 256 GB SATA SSHD/Deep Cool TX Mid Tower Tesseract/
    IVRY PSVR
    The following 11 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, BigDad, bporion, cluck, Haiden, Invincible, John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer, satco1066, Zulu

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    With Spring finally here and the sun in full swing (it really is a most glorious day here), the time has come to invest in some fresh car care stuff. The Jag doesn't really need a lot, I've got Autoglym's Polar stuff already (snow foam, wash and hydrophobic final rinse all through a pressure washer) but the windscreen and paint will need some protection. It's not just for the Jag though, there's the 3-year old Honda to attend to aswell and that's starting to really show that it hasn't exactly had the best of care during it's life.

Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels (a nice 5L tub of that, which should last a while!)
    GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour (my old pot of SwissVax wheel wax has nearly run out but I thought I'd try something different this time around)
    GTechniq - G1 clearvision smart glass (this is a kit of G1 and G2, I have glass polish already)
    Gyeon - pair of wheel cleaning brushes (fed up with feeding my hands through the wheels and scraping the skin off my knuckles on the brake discs!)
    DAS-6 v2 dual action polisher (this is to get the paint on the Honda really up to scratch, erm, buffed up! I really don't have the energy or time to hand polish)
    Purestar pair of drying towels (I have one decent towel but thought I'd start with a nice fresh pair, the Jag deserves it!)
    Dodo Supernatural detailing clay (I have a claybar but it's almost all gone)
    Autoglym Ultra HD kit (bottle of Ultra HD Shampoo and Ultra HD wax, plus applicators and cloths)

I have plenty of Autoglym polish and some other light polish that a detailer used on my old 200SX, so that's covered. The first job will be to wax the F-Type to really bring the paint out to its absolute best. Then I'll sort the windscreens out on both cars, before breaking out the polisher.

I'm one of those sad types that is quite happy to spend a couple of days on a car getting it done to the absolute best of my ability. It's all for those first few moments when you stand back and go "yup, that's a shiny car!"

EDIT: And just realised I'd run out of iron fallout remover and in trying to clay the Honda I discovered that it was absolutely caked in tar spots. Guess what I've never bought? Tar remover . Back to the car cleaning site and that's the fallout remover and tar remover ordered, as well as some bottles and sprayers. Going to have to label those up so that I know what's in them!
    Last edited by cluck; 02-04-2020 at 16:01.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Invincible, John Hargreaves, Konan, Mad Al, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    It's all for those first few moments when you stand back and go "yup, that's a shiny car!"
    And then you drive it somewhere, and it either gets dirty or it rains..

Unfortunately, when your car lives out in the street, and you picked up a nest of spiders underneath it while at a friend's wedding a few years back and you're never 100% sure if you've killed them all or not, you'll never truly have a clean shiny car, lol.

My poor Subaru, hahaha.
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Platform
    PC
    I'm one of those sad types that is quite happy to spend a couple of days on a car getting it done to the absolute best of my ability. It's all for those first few moments when you stand back and go "yup, that's a shiny car!"
    You are always welcome.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youŽre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    You are always welcome.
    My father joked that I should offer my time to people in the village but, honestly, most people don't care. I don't mind that people don't care, a car is just a tool to get from A to B for the vast majority of people, so whether it's dirty or shiny, the only thing that matters is that it works . I've always tried to keep my cars clean, not to show off but simply because I love walking up to my car when it's clean and shiny. I must have been a magpie in a previous life

Quote Originally Posted by Womp83
    And then you drive it somewhere, and it either gets dirty or it rains..
    . Yeah, it's one of the downsides to cleaning, the car will never stay completely clean. The wax, windscreen and wheel treatment the cars are getting should at least keep them looking at their best for as long as possible and should mean they only need the most basic of washes when they get dirty
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Platform
    PC
    I've always tried to keep my cars clean, not to show off but simply because I love walking up to my car when it's clean and shiny. I must have been a magpie in a previous life
    I am about the same, I love my car to be shiny and I always hate the day when it gets dirty again by rain, no matter how long it was shiny before. Well, as my old back doesnŽt feel like it did 20 years ago anymore, I thought IŽd do you a favour. I see a win-win-situation coming to the both of us.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youŽre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I am about the same, I love my car to be shiny and I always hate the day when it gets dirty again by rain, no matter how long it was shiny before. Well, as my old back doesnŽt feel like it did 20 years ago anymore, I thought IŽd do you a favour. I see a win-win-situation coming to the both of us.
    Let me have a think about it......

....ok, I've thought about it. How about .... no?!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, Konan, PostBox981