Page 53 of 310 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I feel kind of silly, seeing as how I race at my desk (no rig), but the conical brake mod on my T3PA pedals finally busted, so I upgraded. I was initially torn between fixing my T3PAs and upgrading, but once I managed to get it past the budgetary committee (single-member, unilateral-authority), there was no turning back. It goes without saying that the difference in quality and feel is just lightyears. Definitely a great combo with the CPX Adapter and my T300 Ferrari Alcantara.

(click for large)

COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    I feel kind of silly, seeing as how I race at my desk (no rig), but the conical brake mod on my T3PA pedals finally busted, so I upgraded. I was initially torn between fixing my T3PAs and upgrading, but once I managed to get it past the budgetary committee (single-member, unilateral-authority), there was no turning back. It goes without saying that the difference in quality and feel is just lightyears. Definitely a great combo with the CPX Adapter and my T300 Ferrari Alcantara.

A good set of pedals will improve your lap times more than any other piece of hardware. I thought the T3PAs with conical were great--definitely a huge improvement over the TM stock set--but the V3s just blew me away. Whether it's being able to ride another car's bumper into a corner, or just the precision you have when braking in general. They're amazing for the price.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    A good set of pedals will improve your lap times more than any other piece of hardware. I thought the T3PAs with conical were great--definitely a huge improvement over the TM stock set--but the V3s just blew me away. Whether it's being able to ride another car's bumper into a corner, or just the precision you have when braking in general. They're amazing for the price.
    It's funny, because originally, I thought they were expensive. Then I got them, and now I'm flat out amazed that they can sell them at the price they do. Really incredible piece of hardware.
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    It's funny, because originally, I thought they were expensive. Then I got them, and now I'm flat out amazed that they can sell them at the price they do. Really incredible piece of hardware.
    Totally agree! My purchase anxiety started to ease as soon as I opened the box and saw/felt the quality of the hardware. And then I was in love with them by the 5th lap.

One caution... take care with the screws and allen nuts. If they feel tight, apply torque very slowly. The screws and nuts aren't the best. They're fine if you use a little caution, but if you man-handle them, they will strip very easily. Get a good allen wrench set, and replace any nut that shows signs of wear/stripping as soon as you see it.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Totally agree! My purchase anxiety started to ease as soon as I opened the box and saw/felt the quality of the hardware. And then I was in love with them by the 5th lap.

One caution... take care with the screws and allen nuts. If they feel tight, apply torque very slowly. The screws and nuts aren't the best. They're fine if you use a little caution, but if you man-handle them, they will strip very easily. Get a good allen wrench set, and replace any nut that shows signs of wear/stripping as soon as you see it.
    Yeah fortunately, I used to be a mechanic, so I have a good feel for how tight hardware should be. I also prefer Locktite over brute force

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

(click for large)

Thanks for sharing never new you could use there pedals like that on ps4. But they are more than the t300 base lol maybe some day PC comes first then a complete wheel pedals switch.

Platform
    PC
    I can't see what type of pedals those are..

Platform
    PC
    Fanatec V3 .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC

A Ryzen 5 1600X, and a motherboard to stick it in. I actually will gain a USB port from that board to, so that's handy. And it's also nearly $100 less than the one I have now.

And some RAM too since what I already have isn't guaranteed to work on Ryzen. I sent an e-mail to G.Skill, and they confirmed that it wasn't going to work. I also think this kit has nicer lighting than the ones Corsair makes. I am curious to see what these would look like when set to white, since I do like the white LEDs poking through the tinted glass panel. If not, Fabulous Rainbow will work.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alan Dallas, gotdirt410sprintcar, Silraed

Platform
    PC
    Ricmotech REALGEAR RACEPRO D22 PANEL-STYLE PROGRAMMABLE BUTTON BOX. Just waiting for it to come in the mail. I chose it because the size and buttons choices fit my need and the pre drilled mounting holes on the back that fit Vesa mounts. It also comes with a sheet of Pre labeled stickers for the buttons

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGR-RPBP-D22-2T.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	237792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGR-RPBP-D22-4T.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	237793

http://www.ricmotech.com/RealGear_RA...r-rpbp-d22.htm
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar