Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any chance for full course cautions?

Quote Originally Posted by 3800racingfool View Post
    Simple, you set the class to "any" and hold the racing members responsible for choosing the correct car.
    Yes, that should be no problem in a racing league.
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled ¬ GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled ¬ Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 ¬ G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V ¬ MSi H55M-ED55 ¬ Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ¬ Samsung SSD 830 ¬ Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 ¬ Roccat Kave ¬ Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    ¬ Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 ¬ Win7x64

[RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer

Platform
    PS4
    All they have to do is sort out the current flag system out like said before. The only way they could do it, is perhaps bringing a VSC (Virtual Safety Car) in which slows cars down automatically where the yellow flags are and then speed up when in a green flag area. This would stop the overtaking under yellow problem :/

Dutchmountains
    [QUOTE=miagi;1069480]What could cause a full course caution in a virtual race? There are no wrecks that need to be towed away, as the cars can be teleported away, or ppl simply leave the session when they crash and then their car is gone anyway. A full course caution is the exact opposite of racing, it is a painful necessity in real life but nothing that would be really needed in a virtual race.
    QUOTE]

If they wanna make it a real as it gets simulator then its a must.

Platform
    PC
    [QUOTE=Dutchmountains;1069709]
    Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    What could cause a full course caution in a virtual race? There are no wrecks that need to be towed away, as the cars can be teleported away, or ppl simply leave the session when they crash and then their car is gone anyway. A full course caution is the exact opposite of racing, it is a painful necessity in real life but nothing that would be really needed in a virtual race.
    QUOTE]

If they wanna make it a real as it gets simulator then its a must.
    Again, WHAT would cause a situation, when this is needed? Basicly, nothing.
    Why waste time on that then?

You crash into the wall, and in 5 sec you drive again, no need for a full course caution.
    Everything can be solved with a local yellow.

Why just waste a lap or two of racing for something, that will be sorted in a maximum of 15 secs anyway...

I would much rather see a formation lap behind a Safety car.
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    the whole point of cautions is to allow the field to bunch back up once a wreck occurs. the 5 second penalty for driving off the course is stupid and unrealistic. If you're in a bumper to bumper battle with a car in front or behind you and you botch and entrance or an exit and run off the track and the other guy gets a huge lead is a waist of time. if multiple cars wreck and the leader or top 3 get a 10 second lead the rest of the field will never catch up to contend for a win. So why not have cautions to allow for more competitive races?

Quote Originally Posted by stangnutlx View Post
    the whole point of cautions is to allow the field to bunch back up once a wreck occurs. [...] if multiple cars wreck and the leader or top 3 get a 10 second lead the rest of the field will never catch up to contend for a win. So why not have cautions to allow for more competitive races?
    See that is the misunderstanding You think fcc is part of racing. While the truth is, that fcc distort race results and whole races. Nobody will push and work off their tires if a fcc can happen any time, esp long races will become hollow driving session up until the last few laps where ppl start fighting for position.

Even if a group of cars crash, situation is solved within seconds. And that the guys that qualified fist have an advantage is the basic idea of a qualifying.
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled ¬ GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled ¬ Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 ¬ G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V ¬ MSi H55M-ED55 ¬ Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ¬ Samsung SSD 830 ¬ Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 ¬ Roccat Kave ¬ Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    ¬ Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 ¬ Win7x64

[RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Faya View Post
    Full course cautions are inneficient, which is why they are ruling them out in some real world races, but who knows? Maybe SMS will take it into consideration.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_car

theres a damn good reason why safety cars/pace cars are in motorsports, its to prevent further accidents from happening incase another car has a failure and plow into some poor marshals who were extracating a driver from a wrecked car. it also allows the drivers a chance to cool their heels a little during incident filled races.

there is no sane reason why motorsports should ever phase out safety cars.
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |

Platform
    XBOX1
    My problem is I get a lot of track blocking crashes at Monaco.
    Other than that Yellows have a lot of use in race strategy, guessing and planning for cautions can make or break your race. Not to mention stack up the field again for 4-8 laps of close racing.

Something I just thought of. Did SMS confirm yellow flags in the indy 500 announcement? Something about "Full flag rules" or something along those lines?\

Anyway if we're not getting FCC give us working local cautions please...
    Last edited by snipeme77; 31-07-2015 at 15:36.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by stangnutlx View Post
    the whole point of cautions is to allow the field to bunch back up once a wreck occurs.
    Not sure if trolling or completely clueless....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maviarab View Post
    Not sure if trolling or completely clueless....
    I guess I forgot to finish my statement. to clean up after a wreck happens to to prevent anymore incidents. cautions are a safety measure that are necessary in any motorsport.