Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advanced Track Guide - BATHURST (EvoM3)

Kart Driver
    Good write up cheers. Spend a fair chunk of time at Bathurst, but it generally takes a long time to get the consistency with each different car. In the Mclaren gt3 I'm still struggling with the cutting and Forrest elbow under brakes with the bumps and trying to keep it stable. Speed over the top is only 2-5kph down on the vid, but those two corners and being consistent through the dipper with a good exit are killing me. Sitting around the mid 2:06 at the moment but feels like complete blind luck to sting the lap together, absolutely ragged.
    Assist set to real everything else off with a g27 on pc 3.0

Platform
    PS4
    r
    Quote Originally Posted by Petchyboy View Post
    Good write up cheers. Spend a fair chunk of time at Bathurst, but it generally takes a long time to get the consistency with each different car. In the Mclaren gt3 I'm still struggling with the cutting and Forrest elbow under brakes with the bumps and trying to keep it stable. Speed over the top is only 2-5kph down on the vid, but those two corners and being consistent through the dipper with a good exit are killing me. Sitting around the mid 2:06 at the moment but feels like complete blind luck to sting the lap together, absolutely ragged.
    Assist set to real everything else off with a g27 on pc 3.0
    for better braking stability try reducing camber and toe in, should help under braking, I struggle with the McLaren at the same point, still trying to get the setup just right.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    Push brake bias to the rear (<60%) and go easy on the camber (like I said earlier) with just a touch of +Ve rear toe. It'll ease the load on the front tires to get better turn in and response from the front, but get it wrong and you end up facing the wrong way. If you don't have "reset" mapped you're up shit creek lol you might just prefer bouncing off the walls like a pinball all the way down.
    I set springs just hard enough that I don't bottom out across the fast section (turn 7-10), and low enough that I get decent top speed on Conrod. The compressions through that fast section can through you off line.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PS4
    Fantastic blog mate, really nice to hear your thoughts and love how youve explained it, so thankyou.
    What in your opinion is the best Project cars touring car to get a similar feel to a v8 supercar in the game, and whats your personal fav few cars to get a touring car experience from the game be it modern or retro,
    And congrats on the records, you must be a hell of a driver bro, cheers

Platform
    PC
    Any1 to post a Spa guide? I'm super slow with any car... 2.07 with lmp1, 2.25 with gt3...

Platform
    PS4
    This is awesome mate! Thank you for doing this.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS | TH8A shifter | Logitech G27 Pedals - Nixim brake mod | Playseat Evolution | Playseat Gearshift Pro
    PSN: That_Boston_Guy
    FS: [NEW] Thrustmaster T300RS pedals | WTB: (6-speed) plate for TH8A shifter

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Fantastic blog mate, really nice to hear your thoughts and love how youve explained it, so thankyou.
    What in your opinion is the best Project cars touring car to get a similar feel to a v8 supercar in the game, and whats your personal fav few cars to get a touring car experience from the game be it modern or retro,
    And congrats on the records, you must be a hell of a driver bro, cheers
    I thought the Trans-Am felt a lot like the rFactor V8 Supercar mod I'd run at Bathurst years ago.
    But its a Ford
    You could try the Group A BMW E30 or Merc 190 there too.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Salty Dog

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm bringing this thread back up just to add some of my experiences. I've been practicing at Bathurst in F/C for a career event. When I first started about a week ago I was awful. Now I'm merely bad. My problem wasn't just that I was slow. I was actually struggling to finish a lap.

The Cutting
    You can take this turn faster than it appears. It's uphill so you don't need to brake as much as you think. Evo's advice about braking in a straight line is dead on here. In fact this is true of all the braking zones on the hill. Come around the left-hand kink with only a small lift and brake about half way from there to the corner. On exit you'll get some wheelspin so modulate the throttle on the way out.

The Esses
    This was (and still is to a degree) my biggest trouble spot. Between turns 13 & 14 there is a bump that caused me to spin out and hit the 'c' in Panasonic every single time. The key is to be going straight and not be on the brakes when you hit this bump. It helped to soften the fast rebound dampers, especially in the rear. Also key is not to give the car too much steering input in T14. The camber of the road will help you so you don't have to steer as much as it would initially appear. When you exit 13 try to get on a line that will take you almost straight through 14 & 15.

Forest's Elbow
    Another big trouble spot for me. This is another place where you want to brake in a straight line. If you're late turning in, you'll track out too wide and hit the wall on the right. If you try to trail brake, you'll spin and hit the inside wall. What worked for me is to brake early (as Evo said) where it's relatively flat. If you come over the crest and then brake, the rear will go light and you'll spin. And if you don't spin you'll understeer under braking right into the outside wall. But if you get your braking done early, you can be back on the gas early too and then dive for the apex. It feels a little like the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. The camber on the inner part of the curve will help you so aim for the inside wall and punch it.

Setup-wise, I didn't change much. I dropped aero all the way to 0 and then started adding it back in a little at a time. I ended up with 3 front & 2 rear. I may be able to drop that further once I get more comfortable on the track. I also added some accel diff lock to reduce the wheelspin at The Cutting but I still get some. And I softened up the fast rebounds as mentioned. I used longer gears across the board but especially 5th & 6th. I also closed the brake ducts to 50% to keep them warm. They tend to go cold on the long straights.

[Edit: I actually closed the brake ducts to 40% not 50% but now I've closed them even further to 30%.]
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 06-12-2016 at 17:02.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: kingsti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Just adding a comment here that whilst driving gets you most gains it is worth playing with the fast bump settings, really helped me settle the arse end around the top of the mountain and over bumps.