Version 4.3 of the Z1 Dashboard software is now available! This includes many updates, such as Data Logging, new telemetry and track map dashboards; and our brand new Z1 Analyzer application (we will post about the in another thread).
The demo can be downloaded here: http://www.z1simwheel.com/dashboard/...ce=ProjectCARS
If you already own the software please visit this page http://www.z1simwheel.com/dashboard/MyDashboard.cfm and enter your order number in order to get the latest version.
Here is the full list of release notes:
* Added Data Logging. This is configured in the General and Display tabs of the settings dialog. In the general tab you can choose when data logging is active. 'Always' means data will always be recorded. Note this can result in a lot of disk space being used. 'Button' will allow you to toggle the data logging on or off by pressing a wheel button. 'Never' disables the feature. On the Display tab there is a new joystick button option for data logging. This allows you to select the button you want to use to toggle the logging on or off if you have selected the 'Button' option in the general tab. When data logging is on a small 'DL' icon appears at the lower right of the dashboards.
* Assetto Corsa now supports the rendering of the pit lane in the track maps. To get the pit lane to display in the track map you should first drive a few laps as usual in order to create the main track map. Next finish a lap by driving into the pit lane and engaging the pit limiter. Drive through the pit lane, and back onto track. Turn the pit limiter off and drive round the lap. Then re-enter the pit lane and engage the pit limiter. When you cross the start/finish line you'll see the pit lane added to your track map. Note that if the track map already exists when you start the Z1 Dashboard software then you should delete it. (You can delete the track map by clicking on the black gear icon at the top left of the track map and then clicking on the red X icon.)
* The Telemetry 2 Dashboard has been updated. The traces are now much more clear when viewing the dashboard at large resolutions (such as full screen). The traces stop moving when the car stops, so you don't get wasted blank trace lines. When the car stops moving a thin blue line is drawn on the track to show where this happened. When you cross the start/finish line a thick gray line is drawn so you can see this event. Every 10 seconds a thin grey line is drawn along with the time stamp, allowing you to more easily find parts of the lap. The larger you make the display, the more time will be displayed.
* A third telemetry dashboard has been added. This is similar to the Telemetry Dash 2, but without the steering and shock traces.
* Added a new track map dashboard. This one shows the delta time to the car ahead and behind, both as it is at the current moment, and whether or not you gained or lost time to them on the last lap. It also shows your current position in your class, and what position you will be in after your pit stop (if you pitted right now). If you are not racing then the deltas are to the lap time of the person faster than you and slower than you.
* Improved the responsiveness of the settings icon when the software is waiting for the sim to start.
* In iRacing the dashboards will now flash yellow for any of the following conditions: yellow flag, yellow waving flag, caution flag and caution waving flag.
* The dashboards will now flash yellow in rFactor 1 & 2, Game Stock Car and ARCA Sim Racing for full course cautions. (Need to test)
* Added detection for the pit speed limiter in rFactor 2. (Need to test)
* Improved the resolution of button icons so they look less pixelated at higher resolutions.
* Fixed a bug in the iRacing telemetry playback where if you stopped the playback the telemetry would revert to the current live telemetry instead of displaying the paused telemetry.
* There is now an option to rotate the track maps 90 degrees clockwise.
* The icons to rotate, flip or delete the track maps now appear/disappear when you click on the black settings icon at the top left of the track map. This makes the track map less cluttered.
* Improved how the pit lanes is rendered in the track maps to avoid the occasional drawing of double lines around the track.
* There are now two ways to render the track maps. Vector will render track maps using the data points. This provides smoother track maps at higher resolutions. This is now the default. The old graphic style is still supported. This way is the option you should choose if you like to mark up your track map graphics.
* If an old plugin version is installed for rFactor 1 or 2, or ARCA Sim Racing or Game Stock Car, or you try to connect to an old version of the Z1 Server, the Z1 Dashboard will alert you to this issue, so you can update the appropriate item.
* Fixed a bug where rFactor and rFactor 2 would show the driver's first names instead of their last names in the track maps.
* Fixed a bug in rFactor, ARCA Sim Racing and Game Stock Car which could prevent the Z1 from correctly identifying that you were in a race (versus other type of session).
* Fixed a bug where the saved delta times might not be loaded if the car was changed.
* Fixed a bug that caused slashes to be added to the iRacing telemetry folder whenever you opened the telemetry option
* Fixed a bug where if your iRacing telemetry folder contained no telemetry files the Dashboard software would incorrectly report that the folder was not found.
* Fixed a bug where if the IP and port for the Z1 Server address on the Z1 Dashboard were not already in the settings.xml file then they would not save.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the settings icon from responding when the Z1 Dashboard software was waiting for the sim to start and was setup to display the car dashboard when not in the car. This primarily was noticed when running instances 2-6.
* Fixed a bug in ProjectCARS where turning on headlights would trigger the pit speed limiter to be displayed on the dashboard.