Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Z1 Dashboard

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zBlueSoftware View Post
    A new tire dashboard:
    This looks great.
    Does it show all these values on ProjectCARS ? Compound and pressure too ?

Does it show Delta times to the cars ahead and behind in ProjectCARS ?
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / DSD button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    This looks great.
    Does it show all these values on ProjectCARS ? Compound and pressure too ?

Does it show Delta times to the cars ahead and behind in ProjectCARS ?

Unfortunately ProjectCARS doesn't output the compound and pressure, so those would be blank.

Delta times to the cars ahead and behind are calculated. If you use a dash that shows the delta times you should see them.
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

With version 4.5 we have added a lot of options for using wheel or joystick buttons to perform various functions. Because of these additions we have created a separate joystick tab in the settings dialog:

We retain the previous five options of next, last and select; and next and last screen. We've added an option for scrolling up or down. This allows you to assign buttons to scroll any scrollable display up or down.

Then we added two delta options. The first allows you to reset the Z1 delta. This is useful if you are running under different weather conditions for example. Then you can now scroll through the various delta options with the click of a button.

Data logging can be turned on or off with a button click if desired. Note that the default option for data logging is to always be on. This works well as you'll always have your actions in the car recorded, so that the Z1 Analyzer can give you the best help possible with your driving.

You may use any of these options as you see fit for your setup.

You will also notice the 'Message Time' field. For certain button click the Z1 will display a confirmation message on the screen so you know the event happened, such as when you add or remove fuel. The Message Time value determines the number of milliseconds the message is displayed on screen.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Definitely needs udp support adding for consoles, looks amazing
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat« Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    PC
    Without UDP there's no working suspension telemetry in pcars. Guess I.ll have to wait.
    ---
    I'll be back (tm)

AKA RomKnight

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.3GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (375.70) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair CX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Asus Xonar DX + Asus Vulcan Pro | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    | Monitor: 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 (USB) + CSS SQ (driver 261b/fw204+fw1.30) | Damping: 100 | 900║
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0 | FFB/TF: 100/70 | Per Wheel Movement: -0.07/0.03/0.01 | DRR/DRF: 0.01/0.01
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut| FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100| Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100
    | Tweakers: None

| Visual FX: Blur: Off | HDR: Photo | Aniso: 16x | AA: DS2X| Vsync: Off (fast v-sync in drivers)| Flare: OFF | FOV: 106 | Grass: Off | Other: envmap/reflections: low - car/track: ultra - shadows: high
    | Driving assists : Off
    | CmdLine: -skipcrowds -dx11mt -pthreads 4

The Z1 Dashboard contains so much more functionality than simply showing you dashboards. For example fuel usage. It will calculate the amount of fuel used while you are racing and let you know how much fuel to add at your pit stop. To do this it calculates you average fuel usage per lap.

You can tell the Z1 how to calculate the average fuel per lap from one of three options. Each of these has its benefits and can fit a particular style of racing. You can set the option in the Car 1 tab of the settings dialog by entering the appropriate number on the Fuel Per Lap field.

The default option is zero. This will calculate the fuel used over every lap run so far.

The second option is to enter a negative number, such as -2. Then it will use the average fuel over the previous X laps only.

The third option is to specify an exact amount of fuel used per lap, such as 1.5. This will tell the Z1 to use that exact amount as the average fuel used per lap for all calculations. This amount is in whatever measurement you are using in the Z1. So if you have the Z1 display fuel as gallons then the amount should be entered as gallons. If you have the Z1 display fuel as kilograms, then the amount should be in kilograms.

Try it out today by downloading the demo: http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/demo.cfm?source=PCars
    Last edited by zBlueSoftware; 18-12-2015 at 21:34.

Platform
    PS4
    I like the fuel stuff, it's kind of my thing... but there are no safety cars in PCARS
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    I like the fuel stuff, it's kind of my thing... but there are no safety cars in PCARS
    Touche! Modified the explanation to remove the reference to a safety car.
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by zBlueSoftware View Post
    Touche! Modified the explanation to remove the reference to a safety car.
    sorry didn't mean to be that blunt, a better use of that feature would be a wet and dry race as the fuel consumption would change with the weather.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    sorry didn't mean to be that blunt, a better use of that feature would be a wet and dry race as the fuel consumption would change with the weather.

That's cool. The safety car was the thought that came to me when I was writing it up. But your example of the changing weather conditions is perfect!