Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin GT3 is King for me!

Superkart Pilot Motorhead Racer's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

Aston Martin GT3 is King for me!

I have tried some tunings for toher cars, from here and other sites, but I just cannot get close to the times I record with the Aston, particularly on Imola and Spa, the two I can remember.

Imola I can get 1.44.0s regularly, and Spa Im usually low 2.18s but I try with any other car, with set ups I find on here and other sites, I usually struggle to even get within a second, now Spa I have a set up for the Aston, but not Imola...

Rather confusing when you see so many say all the other cars are good, but nobody ever seems to mention the Aston, so here I am talking about the Aston Martin GT3, and wondering since it seems to be the best car for me, does anyone have any set ups they are willing to share?

Main tracks
    Spa (already have set up but willing to try others)
    Imola (so want to break into the 43s!)
    Monza
    Hockenhiem

well to be honest... any tracks will do!

I cannot set up a car to save my life, but if given a set up, I will drive the hell out of it
    CPU: AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
    Motherboard:ASUSŪ M5A97: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
    RAM:16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750Ti (Temp replacement)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm a Aston GT3 racer as well and would like to see your setup on Imola. I personally dont get below 1:46 so i'm really interested in your tuning settings
    Intel Core i7 4790K | 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 kit | MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB | Sony KDL42W705B 42" HD | Logitech G27 | RSEAT RS1
    OS Win 8.1 x64 | Steam version of Project Cars | Mostly GT3

Platform
    PS4
    I like all the GT3 cars, I'm fairly quick in all of them, I have created an Aston baseline tune I've included my times, I also tested on medium compound tyres so in theory soft tyres should give you a little more bite.

Setup
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/187936829

just for your info here are my notes from Oulton Park where I did most of the testing

Changed Diff settings
    Acc - 30%
    D acc - 30%
    Preload - 60Nm

Lap Time 1:35.652

Starting tyre pressures F= 2.20 R=2.10

New*tyre pressures F= 2.10 R=2.10

Front Spring Rate - 360N/mm (was 340N/mm)
    Rear Spring Rate - 170N/mm (was 190N/mm)

Ballast weight 50/50
    (weight at 75% for better traction)

Lap Time 1:35.404 (Medium compound tyres)

Rear Camber -0.5 (was -1.9)
    Changed slow Bump front + rear -1*

Lap Time 1:34.656*(Medium compound tyres)

let me know if that helps
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Superkart Pilot Motorhead Racer's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionax View Post
    I'm a Aston GT3 racer as well and would like to see your setup on Imola. I personally dont get below 1:46 so i'm really interested in your tuning settings
    I will have a look this evening as do not remember them off hand, but it really is a simple set up, did not change much for it, if anything at all
    CPU: AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
    Motherboard:ASUSŪ M5A97: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
    RAM:16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750Ti (Temp replacement)

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The Aston is a nice car, I just don't like the overdone fast damping on it, and overall I think the damping is a bit too stiff (makes it less progressive than it could be, and more tricky over the bumps). The default springs have a nice balance to them, but the dampers slow down the suspension a bit, and make it harsh over the bumps, especially at the rear. In the end though I prefer my cars a bit more eager to turn, so I moved the spring bias towards the front slightly.

This is the setup I've used with it (good for a low 1:41 time on Imola, but you need to know the track): http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/289819034

Have to say I like how people find their favorites among the GT3 cars. From the time comparisons I've done the whole field (bar the M3 GT that is getting an update, or got one already, not sure, and the G55 GT3 which is capable, but very different to drive) gets very even lap times when averaged between multiple tracks, so they're all close to each other, just suited to different kinds of drivers. This is pretty much perfect. =)

EDIT: This is what the default and my setup look like in the calculator:

Default:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aston Calc 02.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	214371

My setup:

Name:	Aston Calc 01.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	214370
    Last edited by Jussi Viljami Karjalainen; 06-08-2015 at 12:07.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 6 users likes this Post: jimmyb_84, OnyxD, Psychomatrix, RimanDk, Tastakrad, the_Real_Ole

MrFlibble81
    I love the Aston! It's the only GT3 car I race with.

It's pretty good right out of the box with it's default setup but if you change the setup a little, it'll go from being pretty good to downright amazing!!
    The following user likes this Post: Mellowyellow

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    The Aston is a nice car, I just don't like the overdone fast damping on it, and overall I think the damping is a bit too stiff (makes it less progressive than it could be, and more tricky over the bumps). The default springs have a nice balance to them, but the dampers slow down the suspension a bit, and make it harsh over the bumps, especially at the rear. In the end though I prefer my cars a bit more eager to turn, so I moved the spring bias towards the front slightly.

This is the setup I've used with it (good for a low 1:41 time on Imola, but you need to know the track): http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/289819034

Have to say I like how people find their favorites among the GT3 cars. From the time comparisons I've done the whole field (bar the M3 GT that is getting an update, or got one already, not sure, and the G55 GT3 which is capable, but very different to drive) gets very even lap times when averaged between multiple tracks, so they're all close to each other, just suited to different kinds of drivers. This is pretty much perfect. =)

Default:

My setup:

I shall give your setup a go, your dampers are different to my setup (I used the compare function) I shall report back, I've used a few of your baseline tunes before to good effect.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

MrFlibble81
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post

Default:

My setup:

I find the Aston understeers a little too even with changing the setup. Seems to be a little understeery by nature. But I actually prefer a little understeeryness in my race cars so I'm good!

I think I might try your setup for Imola though. Seems like it may be slightly quicker than mine.

Platform
    PS4
    I love the Aston Martin too and I only drive with this car but I m at least 3 sec slower than the Mc Laren drivers...

Platform
    XBOX1
    I love the Aston Martin GT3, I have it dialed in pretty good on the controller, but when my TX Wheel get's here that car is going to a blast to drive! The Aston Martin GT3 just has something about it, don't get me wrong I do enjoy driving the other GT3 cars but the Aston is one mean dog!