Thread: Vector Wireframe Templates

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Vector Wireframe Templates

Does anyone by chance know how to pull out the VECTOR wireframes for the cars?

I.e., the painting templates available to us right now are all raster files, and a lot of the details are totally muddled. I'm 100% sure that the wireframes exist as vectors somewhere, but I'm not totally sure it's possible to extract them somehow.

Would anyone know? It would make life a whole lot easier if we could work with vector wireframes as opposed to rasters.

Thank you.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pamellaaa, Ryno917

How would vectors of the wireframe make painting a livery easier? The game can handle up to 4096x4096, anything above that you'd have to downsize and lose resolution with it again anyways...so what's the point of having ultra hi-rez wireframes unless you're trying to rip the model from the game?
    CPU AMD A8-3870K @ 3,4 Ghz | GFX MSI GTX 660 OC | RAM 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ DDR3-1866 | Board Asus F1A75-M PRO | OS Win 8.1 Pro | SSD Crucial M4 | Wheel: CSWv2...finally getting more than 10 fps Hyvää saa kun itse tekee
    This is not a fire and forget project for us. It's the beginning of what we hope is a very successful franchise to take on the incumbent leaders and we won't stop until we've ensured we beat them on all fronts. -the wookie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The point is I can select regions much, much easier. As it stands, if I want to paint the door of, say, the RWD P30 LMP separately from the rest of the cockpit part to which it is attached I have to fiddle around in illustrator drawing vector lines around the door.

If I had vector/illustrator files, I could just live paint the whole thing and make perfect photoshop masks as I please.

It really should go without saying why it's so much easier, there are a million reasons. Believe me, everyone worth their salt as a graphic designer would love this.

If you say so...
    Personally, I freehand a selection around it and it works out just as well...but that's just not-a-graphics-designer-me and my pragmatism talking.
    CPU AMD A8-3870K @ 3,4 Ghz | GFX MSI GTX 660 OC | RAM 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ DDR3-1866 | Board Asus F1A75-M PRO | OS Win 8.1 Pro | SSD Crucial M4 | Wheel: CSWv2...finally getting more than 10 fps Hyvää saa kun itse tekee
    This is not a fire and forget project for us. It's the beginning of what we hope is a very successful franchise to take on the incumbent leaders and we won't stop until we've ensured we beat them on all fronts. -the wookie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah for the outside of a piece that's perfectly reasonable, but it's a giant pain in the ass for, like, any complicated details within a piece that I want separated.

Anyway I'm a perfectionist and compulsive about this but I still hope someone can give me an answer.

Platform
    PC
    It would be useful in some situations, like perfect seams with 2 colors/shapes in some critical points.

I don't know if it's possible to obtain a vector/dxf/svg format or just raster.
    Steam: The Bear

Corsair Carbide 540 Air | Corsair HX 1050W | Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz + Corsair H100i | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb CL8 1600mhz | SLI MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB | | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB | Samsung 2 x Spinpoint F1 1Tb | 3 x Dell U2412M @ 5760x1200 | Corsair M65 RGB | | Corsair K70 RGB | Playseat Evolution + Fanatech CSR with Shifter + Logitech G25 Pedals

Platform
    PC
    Vector wireframes would make a lot of things easier in my opinion. Good suggestion.
    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website
    Steam :
    Pamellaaa
    My Rig:T500RS w/ Load Cell Brake Pedal, 599XX Rim, TH8A Shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB), Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980, Sandisk 480GB SSD, WD Green 2TB HDD, Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, 5.1 Separates System, Windows 10 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Been working with raster UV Maps for decades and never had a problem. Matter of fact I know of no 3D artist that exports the UV map as a Vector layer. There's no good reason too once the working size is set. It's meant to be a transparent layer and only a guide to show you paintable surface. You shouldn't be making selections from the UV Map anyway. Pen tool and shapes is all you need in Photoshop really for doing liveries. I use a Pen and Tablet for quickly making custom shapes. I find a mouse is to cumbersome for that kind of work.
    BTW, people who call it a wire frame really irk me and make me think they're an amateur at best for some reason. It's a UV Map. Wire frame apply's to working with the 3D model itself. Not the texture map. Guess I'm old school like that.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.
    The following user likes this Post: 3800racingfool

I'd love to see some vector wireframes, too. Good suggestion
    Ryno's Painting Tips - Tutorials, discussion and musings on livery design and execution.
    PC Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit CPU: Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Controller: Thrustmaster T500RS

Platform
    PC
    Sorry for my English but I use a translator.
    it is easier for an amateur to paint with a wireframe.
    It would suffice that the modders once the car (body) built at the same time build the template with the wireframe and lights ......
    Pcars is a nice platform game, they should take into account that for a simracer, have a good support to paint his race car is important .Go, make an effort !!
    To each his 3d knowledge to get a good job, here's an example-->Template Z4