Thread: Restart for 3.0?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Restart for 3.0?

I think I only ever tried to save one setup on a car. I have no career mode data I'm worried about.
    Should I consider deleting my saves for a fresh start with 3.0. Will that give it best chance to succeed or will a few save files floating around be no big deal? If a fresh start is a good idea or will help my chances, easy enough for me to do.
    I got my initial default setup applied wrong early and never messed with saves or setups because of it.

Btw. If it matters. I'm on ps4.
    Last edited by Gravit8; 07-08-2015 at 20:03.

Platform
    PS4
    I am tbh, the patch is huge. I don't think it's needed but I think a fresh install with patch 3.0 is a good way to go!
    > Win'10 Pro / i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz / Patriot Viper 2x4Gb @ 2133MHz / Gigabyte Z77 D3H / Saph' R9 280X VapourX @ 1070/1550MHz / 120Gb SSD / 1TB HDD / Corsair CX750

> Sony Playstation 4 / Thrustmaster T300RS / Wheelstand Pro V2 / Logitech MK710 Combo / www.DiRTRallyGame.com

WMD Member
    New build, new profile, simples!*

* As a tester/reporter
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    New build, new profile, simples!*

* As a tester/reporter
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravit8 View Post
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
    Sorry so your saying my current 'career' in the game should be scrapped? I thought patches worked around all that via witchcraft? Somehow? Anyway i'd be a bit reluctant to start over again as i was glad to see the back of those Karts...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Sorry so your saying my current 'career' in the game should be scrapped? I thought patches worked around all that via witchcraft? Somehow? Anyway i'd be a bit reluctant to start over again as i was glad to see the back of those Karts...
    So would I if I didn't have so little invested. I'm in third kart series or something.
    I'll prolly just sail through those first couple at a reduced AI setting or make my son do it. and get back to my normal grind after that. I'll get some other profiles going just to get away from karts and try the more open approach as well when I'm tired. I'll really sink my teeth into what's on offer as long as I'm having fun instead of testing.
    Got a long session planned when 3.0 drops. My son and I are going to put that T-300 to work. A fan will be keeping it & ps4 cool.
    Gonna make up for some lost time.
    If this game functions how everyone hopes. Should be done with zero to hero ASAP and out stoking the flames.
    Ill be one of first to dump praise if fixed.

WMD Member
    SMS will state on patch release if they feel a new profile is advised for all.

I use a fresh profile for new builds out of habit, to be sure anything I report is directly coming from the current build/patch.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Liskeard, Cornwall... UK... (The Pointy bit down the bottom left)
    Platform
    PC
    I'll definitely be going the clean install when the 3.0 patch drops....

Only reason being.... That I want to give the update a fair chance to work as it should without it getting any mish-mash of what ever would be left in the old install for it to deal with if I didn't do a clean install (although I should point out I don't have any set-ups e.t.c saved, So not going to loose anything so to speak. I can understand those that have saved set-ups & such not wanting to do a clean install & loose it all).... It's just been my experience that some of these types of updates can be hampered by some old code that maybe gets left behind when the patch is implemented on an old set-up & found that a clean install can actually help the patch to work as was intended without any conflicting code that may otherwise mess the thing up to a certain degree...

Well.... That's my reasoning behind it & I'm sticking to it .....

Nam....