Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS-R Touring - Snetterton 300 - Clio Cup Car

Platform
    PS4

SMS-R Touring - Snetterton 300 - Clio Cup Car

I've never been comfortable with the Clio Cup race car on any track. First you get a whole bunch of torque steer but lose seconds of laptime if you can't keep your minimum corner speed up. Mashing the throttle just leads to bags of understeer and so to carry any momentum without full throttle you have to be able to chuck the car into a corner with a tad too much speed but do it smoothly maintaining a slight drift with front wheel drive working against you.

Snetterton is also a unique challenge. Not only is the circuit map shaped like a ****, there are some tricky corners. Particularly Brundle into Nelson after the long Bentley straight, and Coram into Murrays before the start/finish, having to modulate braking to gradually slow down while turning before braking more heavily just before sharply exiting in the opposite direction, which really tests your cars stability and direction change.

So I'm pretty happy on a 2.04.9 currently (PS4 pad) which is top 20 for now. I've been about 8/10ths up on this but haven't strung the lap together yet, but that would be top 10. The top time is a 2.02.6 for which I currently have no explanation! Top pad time is a 2.03.5. Haven't raced the ghosts yet. (are there cuts on Snett?)

I've made some setup changes and these are fairly limited in the Clio. Most helpful was softening the front sway bar to minimum of 15 to reduce understeer. My camber is 0 but left some toe on. Reduced LSD decel to 5 and preload to 40. Also softened rear slow bump and rebound a little for stable change of direction. Brake ducts 0. Rear tyre pressure 1.55. Gears are default.

Let us know how you're finding this one!
    Started a racing blog including first impressions of pCARS amongst some other racing experiences - check them out at http://munirchoudhury.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
    I'm also on twitter: https://twitter.com/choupolo

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by choupolo View Post
    The top time is a 2.02.6 for which I currently have no explanation!
    Lool

Edit.
    Now Iīve made a video with a 2.02.601,and even the setup
    Iīve used.(2.45 in vid) and here http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/278133335
    This is with ABS only.
    Hope it explain a little...
    Last edited by mikadri; 09-08-2015 at 02:57.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: choupolo, Octane100

Don't think there are cuts choupolo.
    Or at least 2:01 and maybe less seems possible without them.

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.co...cle=3646257473

Love those tricky corners you already identified. Currently using alot of pedal overlap there. Seems to work pretty well there.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Currently have a 2.02.7 on the Xbox One using the controller. The last time I checked the fastest controller time is a 2.02.5. The current No1 is a 2.02.295 using a wheel.

I am finding this a very enjoyable challenge and if I put all my best split times together then my aim is a very low 2.02, maybe even a very high 2.01.
    Now EMW IVORBIGUN

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks mikadri. Ok so the challenge is on!

The Clio is a small turbo engine right? So I guess it's vital to keep it spooled up and so pedal overlap will be useful. I'm having to experiment with technique a lot for this one and like I said it's an alien car to me!
    Started a racing blog including first impressions of pCARS amongst some other racing experiences - check them out at http://munirchoudhury.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
    I'm also on twitter: https://twitter.com/choupolo
    The following user likes this Post: mikadri

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Just did some laps and immideatly remember why havent driven this car much at all. Its simply underpowered, understeery & lazy. At the moment you step to throtthle car simply wants to go straight.

Not much point to waste more time to it as the car just dont suit to me at all, driving it is like pure torture
    Last edited by Joni Varis; 09-08-2015 at 10:44.
    | Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99M WS| 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX 980Ti 6GB | Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Fractal Design Define C Mini |
    | Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Seasonic 660w Platinium | Thrustmaster TX (T3PA pedals) & GT Omega Evo | Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 monitor |

Steam ID: johnnyw84

Platform
    PS4
    Well,we all use same car.
    A shame you give up,cuz it would have been nice to see,-once and for all whatīs fastest,Assist or no assist.
    The following user likes this Post: Morgan13

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Offcourse its same car for everyone

I just dont enjoy driving this type of cars that handles completely opposite to what i prefer.
    | Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99M WS| 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX 980Ti 6GB | Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Fractal Design Define C Mini |
    | Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Seasonic 660w Platinium | Thrustmaster TX (T3PA pedals) & GT Omega Evo | Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 monitor |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Varis View Post
    Just did some laps and immideatly remember why havent driven this car much at all. Its simply underpowered, understeery & lazy. At the moment you step to throtthle car simply wants to go straight.

Not much point to waste more time to it as the car just dont suit to me at all, driving it is like pure torture
    Same here

This car is just horrible, hard to drive and not fun at all, i prefer driving road cars like huayra gumpert or P1 over this mess of a car so i can enjoy the raw power of monster engines...

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well its not hard to drive, just understeers like mad & while tuning is really limited so you cant really change it much. But ye definately not fun car to drive.
    Last edited by Joni Varis; 09-08-2015 at 15:08.