Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be more single-player content beyond career mode added to this game?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Will there be more single-player content beyond career mode added to this game?

I love the driving model, feel, and look of this game, so I want to play it. However, I don't really like career mode and I know I'm not alone. Even the PC Gamer write-up of PCars as the best racing game on PC said the career mode was "nothing to write home about." And everything outside of career mode is multiplayer in that you're competing against everyone else's times (which is anti-motivating for me since I really can't compete). A Shift 2 style career would be great! I'd certainly pay $10 or so for it as DLC. Am I alone in this? Any chance of something, anything single-player oriented coming out in the future?
    The following user likes this Post: Slowsley

What is it about the career mode that you don't like?

What else would you like to see added? What is it about Shift2 that you find better?
    Ryno's Painting Tips - Tutorials, discussion and musings on livery design and execution.
    PC Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit CPU: Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Controller: Thrustmaster T500RS
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    PC gamer said of Assetto Corsa, "It's also got a satisfying career mode that throws a nice array of challenges at you across a wide variety of disciplines." Shift 2 had that as well. That's what I'd like to see. The career mode in project cars is too open and too user controlled. It lacks a sense of accomplishment since you can make it as easy as you want and once you accomplish zero to hero what else is there to do?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    you have the freedom to make it as difficult as you want too. make your own rules & your own boundaries. practice self discipline a little. realize that achievements & popups are only as meaningful as you make them. try that stuff, maybe.
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10
    The following 3 users likes this Post: DayGlow, fancyPants, KK78

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post
    you have the freedom to make it as difficult as you want too. make your own rules & your own boundaries. practice self discipline a little. realize that achievements & popups are only as meaningful as you make them. try that stuff, maybe.
    I have. The game's bugs get very frustrating when you try to play on hard difficulty with discipline. No weather forecasting, the lack of the ability to know what tires you are driving on, improper tire pressures in pit stops, no car- specific tires in pits, ai doesn't pit to change tires in rain, etc. make the game practically unbearable on high difficulty with realistic damage settings.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: FoxMulder, mermoid, svenvangent

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    The career mode didn't really do it for me either, but the race weekends more than makes up for it.

Platform
    PC
    I do like the career mode. But I would not say no to a bit more variety added.

Some driving tasks would be nice. Even if it would be something simple like:
    "Hey here's your Team Manager. We got our Team some new cars (Any car higher than your current contract) for the next season. Your team mate already set a new laptime. You got three laps. See if you can beat him."
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Avloc123, KK78, Mr. Myagi

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee2 View Post
    PC gamer said of Assetto Corsa, "It's also got a satisfying career mode that throws a nice array of challenges at you across a wide variety of disciplines."
    PC gamer are smoking crack.
    As much as I love AC the career is deathly dull. Bland faceless races mixed only with the awful drive-as-slow-as-you-can hotlap "challenge".

I agree Shift2 had a good career, but I'm glad there's no drift nonsense in Pcars to grind through, I'm not 13 years old.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Invincible, mikutzu, Schnizz58, XTRMNTR2K, Yuyuko

Platform
    PC
    Weekly added scenarios would be fun, something like "complete nordschleife within 9 min under heavy rain on [insert car]" with car skins for that car as a reward.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Aizcold, fancyPants, FoxMulder, Grijo, Invincible, John Hargreaves, Lagoa, phillips66

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Scripted weather in career mode makes replaying seasons dull, the lack of having a constant competitor ai and teams switching names random means you cant have a rivalry with anyone for more than a season or even into other seasons ie as you progress up the tiers of your selected discipline.
    The fan zone stuff very often bears no resemblance to what actually happened in the race, the best career mode I ever played was in TOCA 2 (with the Scottish manager/mechanic).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: fancyPants, Raven403, Yuyuko