Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell me the latest DLC!

Platform
    PC

Sell me the latest DLC!

I'm pondering about skipping the latest DLC for PCars becasue I doesn't feel it would add too much for me.
    The R-8 and R-18 seems just like two more LMP cars and they are already abundant in the game, and I doubt they would be so different from the others.
    The Audi IMSA 90 certainly has some reputation but it is again a single car of its class, so even if I would have it, it would feel like just yet another unfinished racing class. And I doubt it would be such a unique feeling to drive that it would worth the money.
    And finally Ruapuna Park. I'm sure it may be a nice venue, but it's totally unknown by me, so I'm not particularly eager to race on it.

Of course these are only my impressions without knowing much about the contents or trying them out.
    So I give the decision into the community's hands. Please convince me that this DLC is worth buying! Tell me how excellent and historical the track is, why I must try out the IMSA 90 etc.

Pretty please
    The following user likes this Post: XTRMNTR2K

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You're supporting the developers if nothing else.
    The following user likes this Post: Azure Flare

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by k.merse View Post
    I'm pondering about skipping the latest DLC for PCars becasue I doesn't feel it would add too much for me.
    The R-8 and R-18 seems just like two more LMP cars and they are already abundant in the game, and I doubt they would be so different from the others.
    The Audi IMSA 90 certainly has some reputation but it is again a single car of its class, so even if I would have it, it would feel like just yet another unfinished racing class. And I doubt it would be such a unique feeling to drive that it would worth the money.
    And finally Ruapuna Park. I'm sure it may be a nice venue, but it's totally unknown by me, so I'm not particularly eager to race on it.

Of course these are only my impressions without knowing much about the contents or trying them out.
    So I give the decision into the community's hands. Please convince me that this DLC is worth buying! Tell me how excellent and historical the track is, why I must try out the IMSA 90 etc.

Pretty please
    Is money really that tight

The only one I like is the E-tron, worth the money on it's own. When you consider an iracing additional car is £10 - £20 per car.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    wasted my money �� I don't use the track or the cars

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Well the Audi 90 IMSA GTO is the only AWD racing car in the game and does drive quite differently from just about anything else, especially on the limit. It's also not in a class by itself, it joins the Ford Mustang Trans Am, and based on most of the tracks I've checked, they're very evenly matched as well. I enjoyed it quite a lot, I love the way it puts the power down and the looser feel the bias ply tyres give it, you can really fling it around, pushing it to the limit is very entertaining. Among my favorite race cars in the game for sure, much more fun than modern stuff.

If prototypes aren't your thing, then selling a five time vintage Le Mans winner (R8) and a modern hybrid-AWD Le Mans winner (2014 R18 e-tron quattro) might be a bit tricky, no matter how legendary they are. Ruapuna is a great track, very technical in feel, and also pretty "rough", which is a nice change from modern polished tracks. It does drive differently from the majority of tracks available in pCARS, and has a ton of layouts, will definitely prove to be fun for tintop shenanigans.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bmaytum, Grijo, Octane100, xclassmn

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm not sure if Ruapuna Park isn't very popular or players just don'twant to learn it or what, but each time I've been hosting a lobby and tried to select Ruapuna as a track immediately everyone in the room votes to change the track. Literally every time.

The cars in that DLC pack are absolutely fantastic. I've been using them constantly.

Platform
    PC
    I haven't driven the A1, but I'm a huge Audi fan. The sounds of the IMSA 90 and R18 are worth the price alone. The R18 bring a competitor to the other two LMP1 cars. The existing R18 is a few generations older than the two Community LMP1's which makes it slower. The newer R18 bring a competitor to those cars.

The IMSA 90 ran in Trans-Am so it can run with the Trans-Am Mustang. It's a real cat and mouse battle with the two as they have completely different strengths.

As for the track, if you are solely into racing (whether AI or online), the track may not be that interesting. It's a very good driving/training track though as that's it's origins. It's designed in a way to teach certain aspects about performance driving (and you'll notice it right off with the slight left turn after the long fast straight into a tighter turn which forces some difficult braking). It's really a blast with the street cars but probably not a great track for racing as overtaking spots will be very limited.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmaytum, Grijo, Pink_650S

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just for the Audi IMSA 90 it's worth buying it. That car it's a true monster.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bc525, bmaytum, Grijo, JA96, Octane100, TheReaper GT

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seps1974 View Post
    Just for the Audi IMSA 90 it's worth buying it. That car it's a true monster.
    I totally agree with you. One of the best cars in the game!!
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Seps1974, TheReaper GT

Platform
    PC
    I love the track, don't know why. I think its because it's new and fresh something different from the formula 1 circuits. Everyday I do at least 15 laps in the radical, its a tight and bumpy track with some good corners. The cars are good aswell.

Well worth the money
    The following user likes this Post: flymar