Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProjectCARS freezing every time I try to play

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Question ProjectCARS freezing every time I try to play

Hi everybody, I'm new here. Don't usually do the forum thing but didn't see another choice here. I just bought my PS4 yesterday and ProjectCARS today. The game freezes EVERY time I try to start a race. Any track, any car. The PS4 plays the only other game I have so far (DriveClub) without a hitch. I assume it must be the game. I have a physical disk I bought new from Kmart. I patched the game as soon as I put the disk in (all the way to 2.0). I'm pretty bummed because I was looking forward to getting into this game and really don't have anything else to play - didn't like DriveClub to be honest. The PS4 is also brand new bought from WalMart. Is this a common issue or known problem? This game is completely unplayable for me currently.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    As a note, the PS4 itself is also patched to the latest software update.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    And if the above doesn't fix the game , take the game back as I have never seen this .

Get another copy from them.

Umer Ahmad
    You got any peripherals plugged in or just a dualshock controller? Describe your setup a little. Can you also try it offline (not connected to internet and i mean completely disconnect the PS4 from the network/wifi)

These are just tests to see if we can get it working at all

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies guys. I can say with 90% certainty it isn't a hardware issue. I just played DriveClub for almost an hour as a test and there wasn't so much as a stutter. I don't have any peripherals hooked up, just the DS4 controller. Is there a way I can delete the game data? Maybe the updates were corrupt.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Rather go to Settings > System Storage Management > Applications and delete the game files there, might wanna delete your save data as well.
    Def worth a shot.
    "There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again."

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I'll try that after work tomorrow. I'll be pretty bummed if I have to send it back since I ordered it online...won't be as easy as taking it back to the store. Reason I bought it on Kmart.com is that it was only like $30 and free shipping. Now I know why, Kmart received all the copies that half work.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    DEVELOPMENT: I deleted all the game data and ran the game without updating it. I've played two races without freezing. Seems the update is the culprit. Next I'll try reinstalling the updates. Wish me luck.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Quote Originally Posted by DidNotFinish View Post
    DEVELOPMENT: I deleted all the game data and ran the game without updating it. I've played two races without freezing. Seems the update is the culprit. Next I'll try reinstalling the updates. Wish me luck.

Seems like he is busy playing?! :>
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V MSi H55M-ED55 Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Samsung SSD 830 Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 Roccat Kave Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 Win7x64

[RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer