Thread: Maybe more light in night races?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4

Maybe more light in night races?

I´ve drove few night races, Nordschleife, Barcelona..Monza...and oohhh my, that light what we got now is just to weak... When i drove the Nordschleife my eyes were almost out of my head coming out....Monza for example as well..hard to see the Apexes, really really hard to drive and it goes on the eyes pretty hard tho!

What y´all think about this one?

Platform
    PC
    Its realistic.

When you drive your street car at 200km/h in the night, thrust me, its also very scary. (Not talking about the Highway).

Let say, the high beams illuminate a 100m area in front of your car.
    At 200km/h you travel 55meters every second, so the area you see in front of you, is where you will be in less then 2 seconds.
    In Project Cars you drive mostly above 200km/h, that means its even less.

At 300km/h you travel 84meters every sec, so thats basicly "1 sec" of road, that you see in front of the car.
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass
    The following user likes this Post: TheReaper GT

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by NemethR View Post
    Its realistic.

When you drive your street car at 200km/h in the night, thrust me, its also very scary. (Not talking about the Highway).

Let say, the high beams illuminate a 100m area in front of your car.
    At 200km/h you travel 55meters every second, so the area you see in front of you, is where you will be in less then 2 seconds.
    In Project Cars you drive mostly above 200km/h, that means its even less.

At 300km/h you travel 84meters every sec, so thats basicly "1 sec" of road, that you see in front of the car.
    Agreed, racing at night needs more attention and care from the driver. You can't go as fast as you do in day light...

Platform
    PS4
    If there are no lights around the Green Hell, which I'm pretty sure there isn't, then there should be no lights in the game, having done 170mph down an Autobahn in my younger years I can say you definitely need to concentrate
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Platform
    PC
    The Green Hell at night is as dark as my ex-gf's heart. Unless it is a VLN race, then you might have some areas where it is a bit less dark due to campfires and RV's and other lights from the audience.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 7 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, DJBLITZKRIEG, Grijo, KK78, NemethR, Photonmonkey, Scuderia Paul

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd say the realism is fine but I guess if you haven't already you could improve he brightness. I'm not big on the technical side so this is something hat I would probably change if I wanted to.

Platform
    PC
    I think in real life a lot of the cars run extra lighting for night endurance racing (see the corvettes with the centre mounted massive spot/flood lights) But obviously at this stage that isn't a thing in pCars.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes, it's the brightness/Intensity in the immediate front area of the vehicle +/-100-300Ft. Should light up & reflect off objects a good degree more. But dark as black ink after.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Do the AI have slower laptimes in the dark? Personally have only done the Formula races and so I haven't had a chance to see it.