Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you watch hotlaps ghost replays?

Platform
    PC

Can you watch hotlaps ghost replays?

Just wondering. It might be a silly question but I don't see the option to view a ghost replay despite the blurb at the bottom of the time screen saying download and view ghosts?
    Probably easy but I don't see how to do it?!
    i7 930 2.8GHZ oc'd @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte ex58-ud3r | EVGA gtx 970 4GB | 12 gig ram | Win7 Pro 64bit | SamsunG 2048x1152 | G25 wheel & pedals |
    Online name "l_ob" lobby room always called "Fun_Noassist" (Cockpit view and manual gears forced - no driving aids - full damage - real tyre and fuel usage)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Shakurazz, xxTheGoDxx

WMD Member
    I would also like to know that. Ghosts are useless to me if I cannot watch the actual car from inside and see where the driver brakes, which gears and which trajectory he / she chooses.

Platform
    PC
    I don't think ghosts are supposed to be terribly useful, they're just an incentive to do better and are slightly useful in providing small clues as to what the ghost driver is doing. Full telemetry is giving away too much and not fair in a sporting sense. Develop your own driving line and setup and refine it over hundreds of laps like the rest of the aliens.
    The following user likes this Post: beetes_juice

WMD Member
    That's too much work for a casual player.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakurazz View Post
    That's too much work for a casual player.
    Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if not. That's what makes the alien level players with the top times what they are. The fact that they can or do put in the work. If someone wants to remain a casual player then that person shouldn't expect to be posting world-beating times. It's one of the may aspects of the game that mirrors real life particularly well. Not only that but it adds to the challenge of beating X driver's time because you need to figure out the puzzle of setup and driving style on your own.
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bigsilverhotdog, lollygag, odemode

WMD Member
    No, I wasn't sarcastic. Well everyone can watch, for example, Lewis Hamilton pole lap's replay and see where his braking points are, which gears he chooses etc. That doesn't make everyone drive like Lewis Hamilton. All I want to do is see areas which I could improve the most, I don't see any foul play here. Also, if someone is so proud of their lap time, an option could be made whether she / he wants to share their replay. I'm sure someone in the top 50 would share.
    Last edited by Shakurazz; 26-08-2015 at 05:45.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've spent a lot of time earning my spots on the leaderboards.

You can do the same if you wanna share that space.

Lemme' put it this way: If you can't tell where you're leaving time, you aren't hitting the top 50 anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ceoCorona, marcdxn

Platform
    PC
    I havent tryed the ghost on Pcars but if its like in F1 2013(and others) you can see where the ghost is pulling away, and use that to see where you can make time. You also have the sector times to compare.

To use someone else brakepoints is useless because you dont have the same drivingstyle, same line, same hardware.
    Some people trailbrake and some dont, we use different pressure both in feet and game, the balance also vary.
    I compare times with a friend who is a braking 10 m later than me (and sometimes more) and im faster than him despite that.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsilverhotdog View Post
    .................. Develop your own driving line and setup and refine it over hundreds of laps like the rest of the aliens.
    I've always defined aliens as those who don't practice for hundreds of laps yet they're just plain fast right out of the box.........with no "worldly" explanation of how they do it. But that's just my take........

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnk066 View Post
    I've always defined aliens as those who don't practice for hundreds of laps yet they're just plain fast right out of the box.........with no "worldly" explanation of how they do it. But that's just my take........
    Nobody is alien fast right away without any practise in something related to what they're driving and full knowledge of the circuit. Nobody has ever been fast on their first run without any experience whatsoever. This doesn't happen, and is a myth perpetuated by less skilled drivers who don't understand the work that "alien" requires.

Learn the track + learn the car + refine setup/line + high skill level = alien lap times.

Leave any of those steps out and your lap times won't be alien. You can have alien skill all you want but without practise you won't look alien on the stopwatch. Why do you think every major racing category has practise before the official events, or that MSC dominated F1 for nearly a decade with 10-100x the practise of every single one of his competitors? You think that's a coincidence?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: iKasbian, madmax2069