Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Searching for Online Lobbys....

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18
    Platform
    XBOX1

    Searching for Online Lobbys....

    Hey Guys

    does anybody know why PC is always searching forever to find a Lobby for you to play in?
    Even if you set everything to Random Search?
    I mean, this Game is played by so many ppl, and still you only find Lobbys that are 2-3 Guys Max when you enter.
    Why is it so hard for the System to Shuffle some Players together instead of filling up many Lobbys with just 2-3 ppl?

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    228
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's always done this from day 1

    Patch 3.0 promises a lobby browser which hopefully will show how many players are in each lobby.

    I ain't seen it's structure but I'm hoping it shows :

    Player numbers
    Track
    Car class
    Laps
    Assists

    We shall have to wait and see how it's works.
    Last edited by EMW Grogan; 17-08-2015 at 08:02.
    Xbox 1, TV, Controller, power socket.

    Not a Project Cars 2 Member

    Any comment i make is regarding the Xbox1 version unless stated otherwise
    The following 4 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, MAARTEN, MrLiister, Sergi01978


  3. #3
    WMD Member MAARTEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    367
    Platform
    PC
    Same thoughts here. When i feel like racing online and search among the lobbies i have to scroll through a lot of empty lobbies where there is 0/32 players.

    Why not have a filter that you can set a minimum of users in lobbies. Let say i want only to see lobbies that has at least 5 users or more.

    And all these private lobbies, it should be possible to filter these as well.
    Last edited by MAARTEN; 20-08-2015 at 19:37.
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 X ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync. Buttkicker Gamer 2 + Simvibe software. Derek SpeareDesigns P1 button box.
    Pics of my rig -- My Youtube-channel

  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot Rockefelluh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California, U.S.
    Posts
    543
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MAARTEN View Post
    Same thoughts here. When i feel like racing online and search among the lobbies i have to scroll through a lot of empty lobbies where there is 0/32 players.

    Why not have a filter that you can set a minimum of users in lobbies. Let say i want only to see lobbies that has at least 5 users or more.

    And all these private lobbies, it should be possible to filter these as well.
    This may be possible on PC. But, my gut feeling is Xbox wouldn't be able to do this. Filters are few on Xbox MP.

  5. #5
    WMD Member MAARTEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    367
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefelluh View Post
    This may be possible on PC.
    No, i got PC and there is no options in filter to filter these. Otherwise i got to have my eyes checked . Hopefully there will be a small update that adds these features. Can't be that hard to fix for the developers.
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 X ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync. Buttkicker Gamer 2 + Simvibe software. Derek SpeareDesigns P1 button box.
    Pics of my rig -- My Youtube-channel

  6. #6
    Kart Driver oneBIGkicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cleveland O-H ..... I-O!!!!
    Posts
    90
    Platform
    PC
    MP is by far my biggest disappointment with Pcars.

    Boggles my mind that MP is such shambles.
    Hoping Patch 3 brings it to a more usable level.
    I5 6600k , gtx980 , 16GB ddr4 Ram , 120gb ssd , 2 1tb HDs in raid 0 , windows 10 , Rseat Evo Rig, Thrustmaster TX,TM Leather 28 GT Wheel, Logitech G27 Pedals/shifter / trip monitors

  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot Rockefelluh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California, U.S.
    Posts
    543
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MAARTEN View Post
    No, i got PC and there is no options in filter to filter these. Otherwise i got to have my eyes checked . Hopefully there will be a small update that adds these features. Can't be that hard to fix for the developers.
    I meant code wise/physically possible.

  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    759
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucramadus View Post
    ...
    I mean, this Game is played by so many ppl, and still you only find Lobbys that are 2-3 Guys Max when you enter. ...
    Really, this game is not played by that many people, relative to other similar games out there.

    We know several weeks ago SMS posted their 1 millionth sale. That's 1 million across three distinct systems. Of those 1 million, approx. 35% are Xbox players. So that's 350,000 xbox players worldwide. How many players in the entire world do you expect to be on multiplayer of this particular game at any given time? I think 1% is a very generous number. So now there's 3,500 players worldwide at any given time playing multiplayer. How many of those are in private lobbies? 30-40%? ( I know I never play in public ever anymore and I'm not alone in that, let's split the difference and call it 35% in private lobbies) So that leaves 65% in public lobbies. 3500*0.65=2275. Again, 2,275 players around the globe at any given time. Not a whole lot when you think about it. Now factor in connection requirements and how Xbox will only pair you with connections that will allow the game to actually work. I think it's fair to say that you're only ever capable of being paired with 20% of whatever the available pool is. So 2,275*0.2=455 So now you're looking at 455 players with whom a connection is possible, but are those players already in races, in quals under the time limit, searching like you are? And all of this doesn't factor in the number of purchased copies who no longer play at all.

    When you consider all that, the available pool of players for the automatic matchmaking shrinks down VERY quickly. This will all be shown once we have the lobby browser available.

    (really, I know that's a whole lot of B.S., but it's very logical B.S., so take it as you will :P )
    Apparently I'm a Muppet Fanboy! ...whatever that means.

    North American Casual Racer Association -- Come join us any night!
    http://nacrassociation.proboards.com

  9. #9
    Kart Driver Hornetvenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    37
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    Really, this game is not played by that many people, relative to other similar games out there.

    We know several weeks ago SMS posted their 1 millionth sale. That's 1 million across three distinct systems. Of those 1 million, approx. 35% are Xbox players. So that's 350,000 xbox players worldwide. How many players in the entire world do you expect to be on multiplayer of this particular game at any given time? I think 1% is a very generous number. So now there's 3,500 players worldwide at any given time playing multiplayer. How many of those are in private lobbies? 30-40%? ( I know I never play in public ever anymore and I'm not alone in that, let's split the difference and call it 35% in private lobbies) So that leaves 65% in public lobbies. 3500*0.65=2275. Again, 2,275 players around the globe at any given time. Not a whole lot when you think about it. Now factor in connection requirements and how Xbox will only pair you with connections that will allow the game to actually work. I think it's fair to say that you're only ever capable of being paired with 20% of whatever the available pool is. So 2,275*0.2=455 So now you're looking at 455 players with whom a connection is possible, but are those players already in races, in quals under the time limit, searching like you are? And all of this doesn't factor in the number of purchased copies who no longer play at all.

    When you consider all that, the available pool of players for the automatic matchmaking shrinks down VERY quickly. This will all be shown once we have the lobby browser available.

    (really, I know that's a whole lot of B.S., but it's very logical B.S., so take it as you will :P )
    I'm not sure whether to approve of this post due to the ridiculous level of diatribe or to dislike it for the very same reason. Rock/hard place.
    The following user likes this Post: OpticalHercules


Similar Threads

  1. GT4 League * searching the interest*
    By rookieracingleague in forum PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-07-2015, 21:36
  2. number of players in on line lobbys
    By JB GAMER in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 22:03
  3. Clan searching for clean racers
    By MrStef85 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 08:27
  4. Searching for NL-UK Clean Racers
    By Djuvinile in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-05-2015, 12:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •