Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner (V1.1)

Platform
    PC

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner (V1.1)

Since the "Sync to Race" weather feature doesn't work in connection with pre-race sessions I thought I'd build a little
    spreadsheet to plan my QRW, taking time and weather progression into account.

It's pretty basic (just like my Excel skills ) but I thought it's good enough to share it with you.

What does it do?

With the QRWEP you can plan your Quick Race Weekend in advance, set up weather and time progression to your liking
    and immediately see the effect the settings have on your (pre)race sessions.

Where can I get it?

Download: QRW Event Planner V1.1.xlsx
    (Update Notes included in spreadsheet)

What does it look like?

Here's a quick preview of the QRWEP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QRWEP.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	215772

How do I use it?

As you can see, the spreadsheet consists of six info sections where you can set up your event and a graph
    showing you what your QRW will look like:

Session Duration: Here you can choose the duration of all the pre race and race sessions you want to drive.

Weather Duration: Shows the number and length of all the weather conditions you have set up in "Weather Settings".

Weather Settings: This is where you set up the number of weather slots and the weather progression slider.

Time of Day Settings: Choose the event starting time and time progression slider.

Session Starting Times: Check out the starting time of every single event session.

Event Duration: Here you can see how much time it will take to complete your QRW (realtime) and how long the event will be ingame (taking time progression into account).

Event Graph: This graph displays the duration of your QRW in realtime and how many (and when) weather changes will happen.

Are there any issues/limitations?

• When the event lasts longer than your chosen weather slots, the game will return to the first weather condition and cycle through all of them again. The event graph doesn't show this unfortunately.
    • The max race length for timed races is limited to 4:00h for now until I can solve the weather slot issue above.
    • [FIXED V1.1] The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the race session length (yet). Since timed races are not possible atm you'll have to estimate it by yourself. Maybe I'll implement a quick calculator in an update SMSoon™.

Attention: In order to keep the time and weather cycle working correctly ingame please DO NOT RESTART ANY OF THE QRW SESSIONS! Restarting a session will completely reset the system to the starting conditions of session #1!

That's it?

Yup.
    Feedback, suggestions, bug reports or general questions are welcome.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 20-08-2015 at 19:22.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    That is very useful!!

I shall try it at some point. Thank you
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: Bealdor

Platform
    PC
    OP updated with known issues/limitations.

My Excel skills are quite limited. So if you have an idea how to solve these issues, feel free post it here.
    Thanks in advance.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit

Dutchmountains
    GREAT WORK.
    Its very useful!

A sugestion: Can you make the time tabel also in 10 minutes a piece.

I mean 1.00 - 1.10 - 1.20 etc.

Cause i drive always 24 hrs races in time scale 20 and thats 1 hr and 12 minutes a race for the 24 hr cyclus.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    OP updated with known issues/limitations.

My Excel skills are quite limited. So if you have an idea how to solve these issues, feel free post it here.
    Thanks in advance.
    Check my strategy guide for the times race formula feel free to use it (link in sig)
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, Noxrai

Platform
    PC
    Version 1.1 released.

- Added functionality to switch between timed and lap races (special thanks to jimmyb_84 for his awesome pit strategy guide )

You can now switch between these two race types by simply ticking/unticking the "Timed Race" button. The spreadsheet will also warn you when you set up your race session incorrectly.

Attention: In order to keep the time and weather cycle working correctly ingame please DO NOT RESTART ANY OF THE QRW SESSIONS! Restarting a session will completely reset the system to the starting conditions of session #1!

The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmountains View Post
    GREAT WORK.
    Its very useful!

A sugestion: Can you make the time tabel also in 10 minutes a piece.

I mean 1.00 - 1.10 - 1.20 etc.

Cause i drive always 24 hrs races in time scale 20 and thats 1 hr and 12 minutes a race for the 24 hr cyclus.
    Although I guess this is no longer needed now that lap race duration is implemented, I also added the missing 0:45 and 1:15 options (I hope that's close enough for you ).

rocafella1978
    this is a great tool! thank you for your efforts and work put into this! shall try it out, but tested it today and was great fun, works nicely!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Version 1.1 released.

- Added functionality to switch between timed and lap races (special thanks to jimmyb_84 for his awesome pit strategy guide )

You can now switch between these two race types by simply ticking/unticking the "Timed Race" button. The spreadsheet will also warn you when you set up your race session incorrectly.

no problem happy to help and glad it works
    YouTube Channel
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor

rocafella1978
    nicely done, thank you too for your efforts jimmyb_84! your other work is excellent and works great! thx to you guys for these great tools!