Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Handling

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Car Handling

Hey everybody.. I used to play gran turismo 3... and I was so used to the handling of that game. So I decided to go out and buy a PS4 and got Project Cars... why is the handling so different? Is the handling in this game supposed to be more realistic? It seems like the handling for that PS2 game was much better! Does anyone have any opinions on this?
    The following user likes this Post: sherpa25

Platform
    PC
    Could you be more specific about what seems wrong? What do you do, what do you expect but what do you see instead? What controller are you using?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following user likes this Post: Dustin_Ppank

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Ppank View Post
    Is the handling in this game supposed to be more realistic?
    In a word, yes.

Dutchmountains
    Much more realistic then all the Gran Turismo and also Forza.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Realistic as in a high performance racing car made by the finest engineering brains with enough aero to fly if turned the other way up, driving like its planted to the road and not driving on ice then yes....its realistic...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe he just drove some road cars and thought it was crap.. GT is offcourse more about the road cars. But road cars in this game are very difficult. Although I heard it should be better with patch 3.0.. Wouldn't know BECAUSE THE PATCH WON'T RELEASE ON XBOX ONE.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Compared to gt6 this is real handling , race cars do not handle like they do in gt6 but they do handle like they do in pcars .

I have driven a v8 supercar on a track day and they stick like you would not believe until you cook the tyres that is .

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Compared to gt6 this is real handling , race cars do not handle like they do in gt6 but they do handle like they do in pcars .

I have driven a v8 supercar on a track day and they stick like you would not believe until you cook the tyres that is .
    I've never understood why games make race cars seem undrivable, by there very nature they are designed to be easy to handle, once you get to the limits thats where a driver might just be the difference, untill then its all about the car, look at Hamilton in a Merc and Alonso in the current McLaren.. swap them over and Alonso is WDC and Lewis is bumbling around in 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Ppank View Post
    Hey everybody.. I used to play gran turismo 3... and I was so used to the handling of that game. So I decided to go out and buy a PS4 and got Project Cars... why is the handling so different? Is the handling in this game supposed to be more realistic? It seems like the handling for that PS2 game was much better! Does anyone have any opinions on this?
    I think it's hit and miss. Some cars are really great and some not so much and others that are okay. The open wheelers are the best followed by most of the prototypes. It gets a little colorful once you dig into to other classes and are where most of the hit and miss takes place GT, Touring and Road
    Also Known as Birddogg66

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Clark View Post
    I think it's hit and miss. Some cars are really great and some not so much and others that are okay. The open wheelers are the best followed by most of the prototypes. It gets a little colorful once you dig into to other classes and are where most of the hit and miss takes place GT, Touring and Road
    I haven't driven much in the touring and road cars, but I think the GT class cars handle brilliantly in PCars!