Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 597

Thread: Post 3.0 T300 wheel settings - post you preferred settings

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Granger, IN
    Posts
    125
    Platform
    PS4

    Cool Post 3.0 T300 wheel settings - post you preferred settings

    Last night was the first night I was able to play since patch 3.0. I was playing around with the FFB using the classic profile as a starting point. I want to set my global settings and just focus on the car set ups. I'm hoping others have already found the global parameters they like for their T300's and can post their setting and save me the time and effort. Your help would be appreciated.
    The following user likes this Post: Gamer82678


  2. #2
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Udine
    Posts
    52
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi joking,
    I think I found a very good balance after patch 3.0 with my T300RS and the credit goes all to Spitfire77 - a T300RS user on this forum.

    Here's my setup:

    From the Thrustmaster Control Panel on the PC I left the Force Feedback intensity to 75% as default after the last firmware update.

    Then on PS4

    Force Feedback: 75

    Tire Force: 100
    Deadzone Removal: 0.02
    Relative Adjust Gain: 1.10
    Relative Adjust Bleed: 0.10
    Relative Adjust Clamp: 0.95
    Soft Clip (Half Input): 1.10
    Soft Clip (Full Output): 1.20
    Steering Gain: 0.78

    All non-specified are left on DEFAULT

    After that I'd use Jack Spade's Force Feedback Settings (the 66% are my favorites) which you can find here
    Last edited by RyoHazukiITA; 20-08-2015 at 17:59.
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1


  3. #3
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,266
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazukiITA View Post
    Soft Clip (Half Input): 1.10
    Soft Clip (Full Output): 1.20
    Those Soft Clip setting seems strange to me. Looks like your compressing the everything into the low range, and then only allowing an increment's worth of spread for the higher range.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  4. #4
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Udine
    Posts
    52
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Those Soft Clip setting seems strange to me. Looks like your compressing the everything into the low range, and then only allowing an increment's worth of spread for the higher range.
    Got those values in Jack Spade original post I think...do you have some better/different suggestion about?

    Cause I really can't understand what those settings are about - but, turning those OFF (setting 0.00) makes everything messy on the FFB side to be honest.

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot PureMalt77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    940
    Platform
    PS4
    For information: according to this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...T300-PS4-users, all settings you change on PC Control Panel are not stored in the wheel. These settings only affects the driver when using the wheel on PC.
    PSN: PureMalt77
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
    The following 2 users likes this Post: diesel97, Iamlegion


  6. #6
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,266
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazukiITA View Post
    Got those values in Jack Spade original post I think...do you have some better/different suggestion about?

    Cause I really can't understand what those settings are about - but, turning those OFF (setting 0.00) makes everything messy on the FFB side to be honest.
    My understanding is that these settings are used to adjust your FFB scale and avoid clipping. They are exactly what they say, representing the Half (.5) and Full (1.0) force levels being sent to your wheel. Whatever value you assign to Soft Clip Half, becomes the new .5 value on the scale. Whatever value you assign to Soft Clip Full becomes the new 1.0 value. So the settings above would cram everything from .1 to 1.10 into your wheel's low range (.1 to .5). Any force above 1.10, but less than 1.20 would then be spread out in the high range (.6 to 1.0), but since there's only a single increment between 1.10 and 1.20, it seems, least to me, that your high range wouldn't be/feel that dynamic. Any forces about 1.20 would be clipped, but that's only a problem if your wheel is receiving forces in that range. With your FF set to 75 and Steering Gain at .75, you're probably okay.

    Since I turned my FF and TF down (80 and 65, respectively) and lowered my Steering Gain to .75, I no longer experience any clipping, so I don't any soft clipping, both Half and Full are now set to 0. Correct: I do see a little clipping while braking hard in high speed corners, but I don't mind it, because as soon as I come off the brake the FFB falls back into the wheel's range. Open wheel and high aero cars are my preference, so it's just initial second or two of hard braking that clips, once I ease off, or trail brake into the corner, the clipping is gone. Again, the above is just my understanding, but it's worked for me and I do have a dynamic range of feel in my FFB.

    Also, I believe the settings you see in the Thrustmaster Control Panel on your PC, are controlling the PC driver. I don't think they have any affect on your console. I used to have my TX set to 360 degrees of rotation as the default (I don't use that anymore), but it didn't matter. Everytime I booted up PCars, the wheel was at the default 900. And regardless what force level I used--higher or lower--it didn't translate to the game.
    Last edited by Haiden; 20-08-2015 at 20:21.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Udine
    Posts
    52
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Those Soft Clip setting seems strange to me. Looks like your compressing the everything into the low range, and then only allowing an increment's worth of spread for the higher range.
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMalt77 View Post
    For information: according to this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...T300-PS4-users, all settings you change on PC Control Panel are not stored in the wheel. These settings only affects the driver when using the wheel on PC.
    Guys could you post your settings so we can improve each other? ^^

  8. #8
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,266
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazukiITA View Post
    Guys could you post your settings so we can improve each other? ^^
    I'll post mine later tonight when I get home. I'm no expert, but I have tried a lot of different settings and different tune guides. In the end, I found that a lot of guides adjust things that don't need to be adjusted, especially on the console side. It might be good for PC and a Fanatec wheel, but my T300 and TX both feel great now, and I've only made minor adjustments to the global settings. That coupled with the Jack Spade settings at the car level, feel like butter to me. With my global settings, I have to bump the Master and SoP scales on Jack Spades tunes up by around 10 increments, though. Otherwise the FFB is too light. Also, even though I use the same settings on both platforms, my T300 feels noticeably better than my TX.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  9. #9
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Udine
    Posts
    52
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    I'll post mine later tonight when I get home. I'm no expert, but I have tried a lot of different settings and different tune guides. In the end, I found that a lot of guides adjust things that don't need to be adjusted, especially on the console side. It might be good for PC and a Fanatec wheel, but my T300 and TX both feel great now, and I've only made minor adjustments to the global settings. That coupled with the Jack Spade settings at the car level, feel like butter to me. With my global settings, I have to bump the Master and SoP scales on Jack Spades tunes up by around 10 increments, though. Otherwise the FFB is too light. Also, even though I use the same settings on both platforms, my T300 feels noticeably better than my TX.
    Sweet! If you post yours I'll give it try
    For the "butter effect" I think it's because the FFB down to 80 and TF down to 65 - so you have to bump up the scales.

    About the clipping I have to try with zeroes - right now I tried every car class with my values (Road - GT - Kart - Open - Prototype) and had no straight line whatsoever in the FFB telemetry. Will get a go tomorrow to see if dynamics improve.

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot PureMalt77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    940
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazukiITA View Post
    Guys could you post your settings so we can improve each other? ^^
    Will post mine this Friday...
    PSN: PureMalt77
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Similar Threads

  1. T300 PC Control Panel settings
    By CrustyA in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-01-2016, 15:15
  2. Thrustmaster T100 - Post Patch 2.0 Settings
    By SpaceKratos in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 15:04
  3. Post-patch 1.3 controller pad settings
    By Plato99 in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 05:23
  4. Post your favourite force feedback settings for the TX
    By StuWard75 in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-05-2015, 22:15
  5. Anyone have successful t300rs wheel settings (same as controller settings) ?
    By Irvin Parrett in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-05-2015, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •