Thread: T300 GTE or T300RS : Self-Calibration Issue at startup solved

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

T300 GTE or T300RS : Self-Calibration Issue at startup solved

Hi Guys

If it can help someone :

I had exactly the same problem than this guy with my T300 Ferrari GTE :

Yesterday every time I plug the wheel on my ps4, it cannot self-calibrate. It every time hit the right stop (look the video, same problem).
    When I turn wheel completely to the left stop, before plug it, the wheel could find the center. But it is not a issue, because in game the FFB was really soft and strange The centering was very light.

I finally found a PDF procedure and a EXE Tool from Thrustmaster you have to use on a PC. It recalibrates the wheel. The operation take about a minute and after the problem was solved for me.

So you have to :
    - unplug the wheel from your PS4
    - install last drivers on PC. Available here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index...pid=376&cid=15
    - use the PS3 switch mode
    - turn wheel completely to the left stop and plug the wheel on PC. Test windows can see it in control panel / game controllers.
    - update the firmware with the driver (use the "update firmware" in your windows start menu / Thurstmaster / FFB Racing wheel folder)
    - when updated, Test windows can see it in control panel / game controllers again.
    - unplug the wheel
    - unscrew and remove the wheel from the t300 base
    - launch the TXRW_CalibMotor_v3_00.exe tool
    - plug the T300 to your PC again
    - launch the procedure (details in this PDF)
    - OK message when calibration is done
    - screw the wheel again
    - switch to PS4 and plug it back to your console. It finally works!

You can download the EXE here : http://projectcars.club/wp-content/u...alibration.zip
    Or just see the PDF here : http://projectcars.club/wp-content/u...alibration.pdf

I just share it here because I suppose it can happens to someone else

I'm crossing finger I was the last time I have this kind of problem...
    Last edited by Seubi42; 27-08-2015 at 10:38.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: delahosh, jpfigueiredo, LeeGestuhl

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for your detailed report. Never had this issue, but glad to hear of a solution that seems to work and may help someone who has this kind of issue.
    i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz :: ASUS P8H67 :: 8GB DDR3 :: Zotac GTX970 4GB :: Win7 Pro x64 :: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
    PSN: LeeGestuhl :: Steam: wickeddummy

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Bad news everyone. This workaround I have shared (with the calibration software) seems to not correct the problem forever.
    I have to do the procedure twice or three time a week now... After a 30 minute race I can feel the wheel is a little softer...
    So I hesitate to exchange it with a logitech G29 now .... because I began to lose confidence in Thrustmaster products.

Platform
    PS4
    I just experienced this same issue, guess I shouldn't have written in this thread, bad karma

To fix it, I simply turned the wheel to the very left before connecting. After connecting the wheel to the PS4, It moved a bit to the left and then fully right again, but then it moved back to the centre and worked like a charm
    Not sure if I was just lucky, but maybe you could try this and see if it works.
    i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz :: ASUS P8H67 :: 8GB DDR3 :: Zotac GTX970 4GB :: Win7 Pro x64 :: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeGestuhl View Post
    I just experienced this same issue, guess I shouldn't have written in this thread, bad karma

To fix it, I simply turned the wheel to the very left before connecting. After connecting the wheel to the PS4, It moved a bit to the left and then fully right again, but then it moved back to the centre and worked like a charm
    I used both OPs fix and yours but ultimately my T300 GTE always went back to not calibrating after using it for a while; only ever a temporary fix.

I had a thread on this about a month or so ago but sadly the only permanent fix, for me at least, was getting a new wheel...

Platform
    PS4
    Count in me as the next one with a non-working wheel

Had to try out the wheel today to see if its still behaving like yesterday, and it was... Turning it all the way to the left side to calibrate worked again, but after some short laps on different tracks, the wheel suddenly felt quite differently. It did not force itself to center anymore and even worse, every 20 of turning you could really feel kind of a snapping on the wheel, a position where the wheel wants to be, like center position. Changing through the different FFB presets did not change this at all, always felt the same.

So I just closed the game, disconnected the wheel and connected it again. This time, it did not even calibrate to the right side anymore, I had to push it by myself to make it move. The trick with turning it all the way to the left side does not work anymore, the wheel is unusable now!

Reading all this posts about bad wheels, I always thought its just bad luck for everyone who has problems with the wheel and this won't happen to me. But as of today there are so many people out there with broken wheels, this must be a known issue at thrustmaster. Whats interesting, you hear a lot more PS4 users complain about the T300 than PC users... I really want to know if this is a Thrustmaster issue or if the PS4 is to blame. Or even Project CARS with its too many FFB settings and pushing the wheel beyond its limit, because it cannot handle these forces (see FFB graph limiting out...).

As being a member from almost the beginning and always defending the game for friends and anyone, I am now at a point where I think about giving the wheel back and stop playing. Since the game launch on PS4 it was always a big fight to get the best experience out of it, but with all those FFB changes going on you never knew what you could expect and hearing all these stories with broken wheels doesn't make it any better.

I would really like to know whats going on, if getting a new T300 will be the final solution or if this will just happen again. Maybe the devs could even share some insights of what they are experiencing and shed some light on these wheel issues.
    Sorry for this, maybe I just have to cool down for some hours...
    The following user likes this Post: Prontopac

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    And now my turn, 2 days ago I started getting the exact thing happening to me every time I turn it on. Before I found this thread, I just stopped the continuous pattern seen in the above video, by grabbing the wheel and turning it all the way to the right hand stop, then left it to centre itself, seemed to work, but I lose FFB strength soon after. I only got this wheel last year, October I think, this shouldn't be happening,...what to do now?!?!

Platform
    PS4
    Oh my, sad to hear this the-D- So you did play with it before on PC? How many hours did you put in on the PS4? I only used the wheel on the PS4 with Project CARS and used it for 26 hours, thats just ridiculous...
    These issues are really bugging me, theres no way in getting a new T300 if its just a matter of time when this could happen again.

Is there anyone out there who is using a T300 for more than 50 hours on the PS4 and has all stuff like Force Feedback, Tire Force and Jack Spades settings set as supposed to really "use" the wheels strength?
    What goes through my head is, that someone who is not playing around with the FFB / Jack Spades settings and therefore not getting the maximum out of the wheel, may not suffer from these issues...

To be honest, I don't know what to do... I really wanna drive, but there is so much negativity around, something has to be done fast on PS4 side.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I've never used it on the PC, I got it solely for project cars, I've played more than 100 hours with the settings you described plus Jack Spades FFB thingy, I just think it's the wheel that's the problem, I may be wrong though.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeGestuhl View Post

Yes but when you start do that you can notice the FFB is less strongh than before. Feeling is different and impossible to do same time laps for me.
    I start to call Thrustmaster to exchange mine. And I play with a g29 for the moment.