Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T300 GTE or T300RS : Self-Calibration Issue at startup solved

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seubi42 View Post
    Yes but when you start do that you can notice the FFB is less strongh than before. Feeling is different and impossible to do same time laps for me.
    I start to call Thrustmaster to exchange mine. And I play with a g29 for the moment.
    How are you finding the G29 compared to the T300?

I have the same issue, I've had my T300 GTE for about four months now and had absolutely no issue playing Pcars, Driveclub, F1 2015.

Yesterday I tried using the updated FFB settings (Bumps Plus) on the spreadsheet.

There was a big difference in the strength of the FFB which I liked. The weight had in the wheel had increased and I felt more feedback through bumps etc.

Halfway through a race I had to pause for dinner, I paused the game for half hour and when I returned I noticed that the wheel suddenly had no FFB but vibration from the kerb was felt. I finished the race like this and then afterwards closed the game and removed the USB lead and plugged it back in to my PS4.

The wheel wouldn't calibrate correctly and began rotating hard to the right, then returning slowly to centre before going hard to the right again and again. I unplugged the wheel as to prevent any further damage.

I'm wondering whether the settings on the spreadsheet have fried the wheel?

Is this something SMS are aware of?

I've contacted Thrustmaster Customer support who are beginning a returns process, but I am considering going to the retailer here in the UK and requesting a different product or refund?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I had the exact same issue with my T300 GTE, I tried everything to get it working but it always returned. I contacted Thrustmaster & the shop I bought it from at the same time. TM took about 3wk to reply & asked for a video but the shop had already paid for the return of the wheel, sent it off to Thrustmaster & given me a credit note. I used this credit note to upgrade to a T500 which I have been using for a week or two & I wish I had bought the T500 to start with. It's a serious piece of kit & makes the T300 feel like a toy
    If you still have warranty left, send it back to where you got it & see if you can upgrade

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdriver View Post
    How are you finding the G29 compared to the T300?
    - I prefer the Force Feedback of the T300. The G29 is not enough strong to feel the car slide (oversteer / understeer) as the T300 does. FFB is like G27. You can sometime feel the gears inside. TM win this point.
    - I prefer the buttons and layout of the G29: more controls to map than the T300 (you can map brake balance), the leather and the shape is more confortable after a long run for me.

When TM will fix and return my wheel... I think I will switch back to T300. FFB is more important for me. But I will see.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdriver View Post
    The wheel wouldn't calibrate correctly and began rotating hard to the right, then returning slowly to centre before going hard to the right again and again.
    It is exactly the same problem than me. I have never change anything in FFB options. And my FFB force was about 80%.
    So it is not due to the spreadsheet values.
    You can use the calibration software to fix it temporary before playing. (Procedure in my first post). But, You have to call TM Support to exchange or the repair the wheel. One technician of the support said they finally have fixed the problem with a stronger version of an internal part. So new wheels on the market will be ok, and they "upgrade" (fix) this when you send to support.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seubi42 View Post
    ...One technician of the support said they finally have fixed the problem with a stronger version of an internal part. So new wheels on the market will be ok, and they "upgrade" (fix) this when you send to support.
    That is quite interesting and good news to hear Do you have this in written form or could share even more info about it? Because now it definitely seems to be hardware problem causing all this, so sending the wheel back for repair / exchange is a good option in my eyes. Maybe too strong FFB settings just helped to arise this issue...

I also tried your advice from the first post in this thread, worked like a charm, thanks for that I have been using the wheel now with the PC Version of the game and Jack Spades settings, calibrated like day one and Force Feedback feels strong again. But as you said, this is just a temporary fix, how long did it take in your case when the wheel started feeling weak again and did not calibrate?
    i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz :: ASUS P8H67 :: 8GB DDR3 :: Zotac GTX970 4GB :: Win7 Pro x64 :: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
    PSN: LeeGestuhl :: Steam: wickeddummy

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    No it is just a technician of the french hotline who said that... So I don't know if it's true, or if it was just to reassure me
    But he said they learn a lot from this issue because they had a lot of case.
    Yes, he also said project cars with 100% FFB was a great accelerator for their problem

First time I use the calibration too, the wheel was ok for 2 days long so I was very happy and believe the problem was solved
    But now, I have to do the calibration procedure before plug in it to my PS4 every time (some times twice a day).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    So it seams i am not the only one with this problem. I emailed TM and received the link for the calibration software.
    after i did it, the wheel felt great. after a few rounds ( 5 ) i turned the ps4 off.

an hour and a half later i started up the ps4 and guess what? the problem is back.
    so i emailed TM again regarding this issue.

now waiting for their response.

BTW - does anyone have a wheel that locks when it bangs to left or right?
    mine does, and when you turn it out of the lock, it bumps over something. Also at the axle of the wheel where it goes in to the servo base it looks like it is a bit worn. its white where it should be black. i try to upload a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5774.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	221836
    Last edited by Daantjahz; 11-11-2015 at 17:02.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."
    - Steve McQueen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    - Steve McQueen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    your t300rs setting degrees in game? 1080 or 900? which value do you use for FF and TF?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    900 degrees

Already contacted Thrustmaster, i must say they have a excellent helpdesk.
    they said it is badly damaged.
    I need to send them the servo base, now hoping it won't take too long
    - Steve McQueen

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    UPDATED BELOW: A sincere thank you to Seubi42 for posting this, seriously! The steps did get my t300rs back to what feels like it was before the right turn shimming slam issue at start up...at least thats how I describe that awesomeness!! So far so good, and the wheel after an hour of play gave good ffb and experience in pCars. So ty again, beer bought for you if ever in San Pedro,CA!!

Ok, I can't believe this POS! lol Talk about loosing my wood within a 24hr period. I just went upstairs with the enthusiasm of a school girl to have a little drive time after a long week slaving! I start the PS4, the t300rs (which is all of sub 2 months old) attempts to calibrate itself. Whips itself right, then left with fury......,and just continues to do that...won't stop, back and forth...bang to one side...bang to the other.

I'm going to take a time out and find the courage to attempt the same ish I did yesterday to correct this behavior initially reported in this thread. However, from a user perspective I feel as if to kick myself for not getting a G29.

Btw, to add a bit more humor to this reality. I called Thrustmaster support line shortly after 4pm pst, only to be greeted by a recording saying the support dept is closed and only available Mon-Fri from X time to 8pm est. Wait a second, they should be open right now....quality! Ok I'm going to try to see if I can get some online help before doing these steps again..thanks all!
    Last edited by Kenjib310; 27-02-2016 at 00:19.