Thread: Control config changed by button assignment

Banned
    Platform
    PS4

Control config changed by button assignment

Using the PS4 hand controller, if I set the accelerator to left stick up and the brakes to left stick down (the way I've driver since GT3) the throttle deadzone and sensitivity controls change to whatever the brake deadzone and sensitivity controls are.
    Last edited by redrick; 27-08-2015 at 23:38. Reason: Title left incomplete, my bad.

Platform
    PS4
    ive never understood how people can drive like that since you cant ever hit the throttle while you're braking...but as far as the question, it might be because they're on the same stick. it might not assign different sensitivities and deadzones to the same input

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaWalter View Post
    ive never understood how people can drive like that since you cant ever hit the throttle while you're braking...but as far as the question, it might be because they're on the same stick. it might not assign different sensitivities and deadzones to the same input
    Thank you for your sympathetic and helpful response but my message was not a question, but a report of a problem that needs to be fixed.

If we all drove the same way we wouldn't need Control Configuration, or even button assignments. But thank you for your "I've never understood how people..." which confirms there are a number of others who are affected by the problem.

Certainly braking and accelerating on the same stick has something to do with the cause of the problem, but as Right Stick Up and Right Stick Down can be assigned to completely different functions I'm confident PC's technical staff is capable of finding a solution.

Driving- no, racing- a car using a hand controller is going to involve compromises, and PC's allowing the user to be the one who determines what is compromised and how is to be saluted. For myself, I find that losing the very occasional desirability of braking and accelerating at the same time to be far over-balanced by the loss of steering precision that results from two fingers opposite the steering thumb being used for braking and down-shifting all at the same time. Of course, this would be much less of a problem if one resorts to Driving Assists like Stability Control, but again that's a compromise for each driver to choose for her- or him- self.

Platform
    PS4
    sorry, it was more of a general question i've always had and it didn't need to be included in my response. i understand that each direction of the stick can be a separate function, my point was that the sensitivity might just get set to the entire stick. each direction being "on' or "off" is easier, id imagine, than having a separate sensitivity or deadzone for the top half of the stick and the bottom half. i have nothing to back this up, tho, other than guesses. hopefully someone more knowledgeable can shed some light.
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Hopefully someone knowledgeable will fix it. Thank you for your interest but I was only reporting a bug.
    Last edited by redrick; 30-08-2015 at 10:41.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Posted this problem in the "How to report issues" and was told

"If you are using a PS4 you should post your issue in the PS4 section if you haven't already.,
    Some "gold" or "blue" or "orange" guy will eventually see it. "

Would greatly appreciate a word or two if and when the matter is being looked into.

Thanks,

Rick