Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx wheel mode won't switch to green

Platform
    XBOX1

Tx wheel mode won't switch to green

Has anyone ran into this issue? Currently I have my gas and clutch pedals are both acting as accelerators, mode light shows red. I have my pedals inverted so if I remember correctly, it should be green, but holding the button has no effect.
    Thrustmaster TX, T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter, GT wheel & DIY PVC Rig w/ Subi seat - I am the 5%

Platform
    XBOX1
    Found something else interesting. If clutch is pressed, acts as gas, if gas is pressed, acts as gas. If both are pressed together, clutch acts like clutch.. Im stumped
    Thrustmaster TX, T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter, GT wheel & DIY PVC Rig w/ Subi seat - I am the 5%

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    MODE BUTTON AND INDICATOR LIGHT (6) MODE button for the pedal set The pedal set included with the TX Racing Wheel features 2 pedals. When using this pedal set, make sure that the indicator light remains red, or the accelerator pedal will not function correctly. The TX Racing Wheel is also compatible with Thrustmaster pedal sets featuring 3 pedals (sold separately; forthcoming release); these enable you to electronically swap the accelerator and clutch pedals. To do so, simply press the MODE button (6) for 2 seconds. The racing wheel's internal memory stores whether the pedals have been swapped around or not.
    ACCELERATOR AND CLUTCH PEDALS Color of the MODE indicator light (6) NORMAL RED SWAPPED AROUND GREEN Other hints for the MODE button To learn more about MODE button and indicator light, please visit http://ts.thrustmaster.com; in the Updates and downloads section, click Xbox One / Wheels / TX Racing Wheel, then select Manual / Help file.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you, knew that information unfortunately. They were working just fine the night before, that's why I'm at a loss.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzmavrik View Post
    Thank you, knew that information unfortunately. They were working just fine the night before, that's why I'm at a loss.
    You're welcome

Platform
    XBOX1
    Update: Now the clutch is gas, and gas doesn't register as anything. Still stuck in f1 mode (red).

No one else has ran into or heard of this? Even google has let me down!

Platform
    PC
    Hmmm try making the changes in the xbox home screen. Weird you can't get the light to show green. Unplug pedals and back in to maybe.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Tried changing everywhere, pedals out, in.. everywhere. I am stumped.
    Reached out to TM support, guess I just have to see what happens! (good thing I didn't buy the whole eco-system. ha)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I know this thread is old but I still would like to post the solution to anyone who might come across this problem...

First of all, it's related to the pedals and not to the TX servo base. There's no need to RMA anything, as this is a purely mechanical issue characteristic of the T3PA Pro pedals, that prevents them from calibrating correctly. It happens whenever the potentiometer's cogwheel used by the gas pedal has skipped one tooth in relation to the actuator. Main cause for this is excessive force applied to the pedal. In fact, you're still being able to switch modes on the TX Servo base, but the suspended/inverted mode will only show a green light when the gas pedal is slightly pushed.

So here's the how to fix:

1. Disconnect the wheel controller servo base from both its power cord and the PC's USB port.

2. Unscrew and remove the black metal cover with the Thrustmaster logo and locate all 3 potentiometer' cogwheels.

3. Take note of each cogwheel's respective position. With each pedal released, you should see a slot margin (a whole recess between two teeth) available just before the cogwheel's end just like with the remaining potentiometers.

4. With one finger holding the plastic cogwheel carefully displace it with a flathead screwdriver, taking care not to damage it. Note that there's no need to detach the cogwheel completely -a bit of a pull should be enough to release it form the pedal's actuator.

5. Proceed to rotate it to the desired position as observed on the remaining potentiometers, then push it back in place with your bare finger.

6. Connect cables and confirm that the cogwheel is now in the correct position by checking the pedals' calibration on Thrustmaster's Control Panel. This time you should also see the mode light effectively change between red and green when the mode button is pressed for 2-3 seconds.

7. Repeat the procedure for each pedal if needed (like when the brake/center pedal won't reach 100% on the calibration section of the Control Panel).

8. Reattach the black metallic cover over the T3PA Pro pedal unit.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Resumil; 25-04-2017 at 14:36. Reason: grammar
    The following user likes this Post: Brax

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I've started having this same problem. I haven't tried the fix yet, but wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post a solution even though the thread was old.

Update: Sadly, while I'm having the same symptoms as those described here, when I took the face plate off, all of the dials were still aligned as you described they should be. Looks like there's a different root cause for me...
    Last edited by Brax; 01-10-2017 at 05:13.