Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMS-R Championship Round 13: Formula A Monza GP

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

SMS-R Championship Round 13: Formula A Monza GP

Round 13/18 of the 2015 SMS-R Driver Network Championship season. Available 4th September.

Please keep all discussion related to this round of the championship in this thread.

With update 3.0 now available on all platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC), the SMS-R season will resume this weekend with Round 13.

Rounds 11 and 12 will be repeated later this year. Please see this post for more information.

Good luck!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: choupolo, Siberian Tiger

Before the next patch you guys should do a little work on the Formula A brakes there lacking big time, somones calculations are off......

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T View Post
    Before the next patch you guys should do a little work on the Formula A brakes there lacking big time, somones calculations are off......
    In what way do you think the brakes are "wrong?"
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    In what way do you think the brakes are "wrong?"
    I feel there lacking in overall braking power, I should be able to stomp the brakes at the 200 brake marker and lock them up. Notice it's not only the Formula A, seems a lot of the cars are this way, not stomp them and wait for the last 10 feet for them to lock

Quote Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T View Post
    I feel there lacking in overall braking power, I should be able to stomp the brakes at the 200 brake marker and lock them up. Notice it's not only the Formula A, seems a lot of the cars are this way, not stomp them and wait for the last 10 feet for them to lock
    Ben Collins would've commented on that lack of braking power yet he didn't. And it's not like he wasn't very critical for a long time of the FA.
    Why would you be able to lock the tyres when you still got lots of downforce and speed?
    We also never see them lock up in real life at higher speeds yet we have telemetry showing them braking 100% until right before the corner.
    Any evidence to back up what you feel ? I'm not saying you're wrong or that we have it 100% right but just saying that you feel it isn't very convincing.

I assume you already set brake pressure to 100% in the setup and lowered brake mapping for more engine braking ?
    Last edited by ibby; 03-09-2015 at 11:46.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers

Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    Ben Collins would've commented on that lack of braking power yet he didn't. And it's not like he wasn't very critical for a long time of the FA.
    Why would you be able to lock the tyres when you still got lots of downforce and speed?
    We also never see them lock up in real life at higher speeds yet we have telemetry showing them braking 100% until right before the corner.
    Any evidence to back up what you feel ? I'm not saying you're wrong or that we have it 100% right but just saying that you feel it isn't very convincing.

I assume you already set brake pressure to 100% in the setup and lowered brake mapping for more engine braking ?
    Ok so in your OP when should you be able to lock the brakes if you try, and yes ive played with all the settings. And they brake more and harder than just before the corner and still have a lot of pressure at turn in to apex. Even with plenty of heat in the brakes theres no way im getting the stopping results lets say at some points there at the 100 board when braking and thats just not gonna happen with this.

Now i may be carrying a bit more speed at this point etc etc, and it could all play in together giving me that feeling there lacking. But if the SIM was correct it wouldnt matter, and only net me doing it at lets say 120 instead of 100 mark not the 200 mark.

And the whole Ben Collins thing is like CM saying we had Anthony Davidson help us its gotta be right, yeah ok not!

Great Lap FinPro! Especially accelerating out of T1 i can't keep up.
    I keep braking later and later, using brake mapping 0 and 100% pressure by now.
    Still finding out how to get the most from engine braking. Not sure wether downshifting,waiting til down to a certain revrange then next downshift or downshifting in pairs is better.
    Anyone found any cut track problems ? I hope not.

FACT0RY PIL0T: I think we need specifics. At which corner do you need to brake way earlier than they needed in 2011 ?
    We're already 4+ seconds lower than real times, i doubt that would be possible if we need to brake so much earlier than them.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can't do better than 1.21.4

Really curious to look at the setup of FinPro, just to know if it's a setup issue or if i'm just bad

I would love to have a contests with setup locked !
    The following user likes this Post: ahf74

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezor View Post
    Can't do better than 1.21.4

Really curious to look at the setup of FinPro, just to know if it's a setup issue or if i'm just bad

I would love to have a contests with setup locked !

I agree with you, I like to see what settings you have.
    Playing with DRS and Kers, I'm nowhere near that time. 1: 22,377

I tried settings Jack van Hees, Monza 3.0 and is much improved than standard but noted that putting the ghost Finpro has much more acceleration than I when exiting a curve, more than anything in the first chicane.

Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    Great Lap FinPro! Especially accelerating out of T1 i can't keep up.
    I keep braking later and later, using brake mapping 0 and 100% pressure by now.
    Still finding out how to get the most from engine braking. Not sure wether downshifting,waiting til down to a certain revrange then next downshift or downshifting in pairs is better.
    Anyone found any cut track problems ? I hope not.

FACT0RY PIL0T: I think we need specifics. At which corner do you need to brake way earlier than they needed in 2011 ?
    We're already 4+ seconds lower than real times, i doubt that would be possible if we need to brake so much earlier than them.
    I think the thing people forget is 1st off we will always be quicker than real life lap times. They would probably need to cut the power on the model by a bunch, and re do the aero drag, and downforce numbers, but then it may fix the braking point for point.

Taking grip away from the tires, or the track wont make it right, theres just a lot that would need to be done to get the lap times exactley on the money.