Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a mess

Platform
    PS4

It's a mess

I've always loved PCars despite the many bugs and glitches and have always enjoyed playing it, they have always been annoying/irritating rather than game breaking.
    But last night after playing for 4 hours I just started to feel meh about the game. I experienced a couple of bugs and glitches which I used to just not let bother me but after that session I was just a bit fed up really.
    Fed up enough to actually start being very interested in the imminent release of Forza 6 and giving some serious thought to selling my PS4 and waving bye to PCars and purchasing an XBone and Forza 6.
    So much potential but I have to be honest and admit that this is the most bug ridden and broken title I have ever owned and perhaps I'm just over the whole thing now. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed properly because I finally faced up to the fact that there are an overwhelming number of issues with PCars. I'll hang in there for a while longer but I'm falling out of love with it.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: imz14u2nv, Megalomanic87, monsterZERO, svenvangent

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEN255 View Post
    I've always loved PCars despite the many bugs and glitches and have always enjoyed playing it, they have always been annoying/irritating rather than game breaking.
    But last night after playing for 4 hours I just started to feel meh about the game. I experienced a couple of bugs and glitches which I used to just not let bother me but after that session I was just a bit fed up really.
    Fed up enough to actually start being very interested in the imminent release of Forza 6 and giving some serious thought to selling my PS4 and waving bye to PCars and purchasing an XBone and Forza 6.
    So much potential but I have to be honest and admit that this is the most bug ridden and broken title I have ever owned and perhaps I'm just over the whole thing now. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed properly because I finally faced up to the fact that there are an overwhelming number of issues with PCars. I'll hang in there for a while longer but I'm falling out of love with it.

I am feeling exactly the same as yourself ....... Its just not getting better like it was supposed to , had high hopes for the title but I am completely frustrated with the ffb settings and the bugs, I'm just about done but I wont be selling the ps4 .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I've been toying woth the idea of buying an XBone just for Forza but couldn't fathom parting with my PS4. Like you I sometimes feel disillusioned but remember that it's been just over 3 months since release and hold out hope for improvements.
    --------------------------------
    Openwheeler rig
    T300RS with T3PA and TH8A
    --------------------------------
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CHEN255, svenvangent

Platform
    PS4
    Having been disappointed with Gt6 and not willing to await GT7, I was seriously considering xb1 for Forza5/6 after having spent a fair bit of time on my housemate's xb1. Then I found out about pCars on ps4 and going by the trailers and description, it's far more than I'd hoped - it's the one and only sim on console. It's not "simcade" like Forza/GT series.
    Sure it's buggy, but clearly you hadn't played Battlefield 4 on console before its many fixes. Hell its come out how long ago and the graphics is still glitchy and, compared to pCars on the same console: absolutely sub-standard. You also haven't played F1 2015.
    Yes pCars is bugged - but seems many "bugs" are the way it's meant to be - just that those us who aren't hardcore racing fans don't know of minute rule details. Eg some racing series don't allow refuelling - so some report it/ see it as a bug when the pit crew don't fill up the tank. Eg some have their tires cooked in 1/2 a lap after a pit stop - it's a bug, NOT their fault that they hadn't set their pit strategy which had only 1.0 bar tire pressure set in the pit menu.
    I find 80% of bug complaints are like the examples I gave above. Yes there are major bugs that cause complete crashes, wheels going crazy, FFB dying etc. Some are directly pCars, some are console OS issues (yes, both consoles have them), some are wheel firmware related and some are bandwidth issues.
    Not that I'm sticking up for pCars, but there's really nothing to compete with it in the horizon that I see because I want a sim. If that's not a bother to you, then yes Forza 6 is a definite contender for your money. If Forza 6 is bugged, vote with your wallet and make your complaints heard to Microsoft/Turn10.
    Keep in mind the feedback from Turn 10 won't compare to SMS in their post-release support. I'd like to see the head of Turn10 involved in Forza forums lol
    Last edited by hkraft300; 03-09-2015 at 03:47.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

https://www.facebook.com/Hengtek.Enterprises
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBGTRACER View Post
    but I am completely frustrated with the ffb settings.
    I also share your frustration.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Played plenty of battlefield Hkraft , love the game.

F1 cant really comment as I haven't played it.

I see your point about pcars in its own right its a great concept and it does have great moments , your 80% would be a stretch with the bug reports ........What concerns me is the amount of bugs there are alot , more so on xbox so it seems . The main concern to me is how random the bugs are for people running exactly the same system , some people get wheels falling , some people get invisible walls some people get 6 crashes in a day and some don't all running the same system. And some don't get them very much so it seems ....... Trying to fix things like this must be a nightmare as there isn't the same thing happening to everyone at the same time.

Bandwidth issues with a wheel ....... What!

Platform
    PS4
    I have BF4 and it's one of my favourites though I purchased it almost a year after release once it had been through numerous patches to fix its issues. I'm not sure that PCars is fixable though.
    As for F12015, no way would I buy it due to its bugs and missing features. Codemasters F1 Titles have had there issues (not all though)but PCars is the worst.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    What worries me with Project Cars is they seem to be struggling to fix things I thought are trivial and easy, I can understand stuttering and such being difficult as that's performance based but why is it hard to ensure stuff like tunes are saved correctly. This bug has been about since 2.0 which came out coming up for 2 months ago and yet no mention that they have sourced the problem and fixed it. Very disconcerting if you ask me.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I downloaded the Forza demo, switched it off after less than a minute.

Realised, despite the bugs, how much pCars gas spoiled me, FM6 felt terrible, particularly the FFB (I'm using thrustmaster tx wheel)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: DJ ALKOHOLIK, John Hargreaves, PorscheFanatic7, wearymick

Platform
    PS4
    True Subgtracer it must be a nightmare to fix with the differing scenarios and random nature of the bugs. I meant bandwidth and wheel FFB issues as separate entities.
    Also very true that XB1 are suffering more issues than PS4, and seems the digital copies are also having more dramas than hard copies. I've had problems but many others on PS4 (hard and digital customers) seem to have more problems than myself.
    I love BF4 but on PS3 it was shit (scaling down for a weaker system?) and on Ps4 it made massive leaps forward in fixes and I think pCars has done the same in a short time, and continuing to do so.
    As I said for OP and many others a car racing simcade may suffice but for the moment pCars simulation is exactly what I'm after and see no competition for it until Asetto Corsa comes out on Ps4. Considering how pCars was at release, and where it is now with 3.0, I do have high hopes for the next patch and pCars 2.
    I suppose it's a trend now with all developers that can rush a release and worry about fixes with multi-gigabyte patches later on. Not a nice trend, but that's the way it is at the moment.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: svenvangent